Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wow...just wow

jwright0291

from what I've heard from talk around here with people in the issue that those kids are going to face some actions, I hope at least. Sad to hear yet another crappy story to come out of Detroit area like this, makes us look even worse than everyone thinks already. Sad to hear this and watched it on the news with my grandparents, sad to even be around them and that they even had to hear that. Im only 22 but when I have kids and hear if they ever did something like that I'd be livid. Some kids just aren't brought up right, those kids are idiot, let alone video taping it. I'm sure the kids that know whats right will be giving those stupid kids the business and will have it like hell at school hopefully.

You're safe on this one....this embarassment happened in Greece NY a suburb of Rochester. Don't matter where it happens though it's a complete disgrace.

I have to disagree about spanking your kids. Me and my sister have NEVER been hit or spanked by our parents. And believe me when I say we were no angels.

We in turn have never laid a hand on our daughter (now 19). So is this something that if you experienced it, you continue the tradition, so to speak?

Personally I see it as a sign of weakness if I would have to resort to physical means to get my point across. I realize that raising a boy is different from raising a girl though. But there are other ways to punish kids than threatening physical violence. Anyone else feel the same way?

I have to disagree about spanking your kids. Me and my sister have NEVER been hit or spanked by our parents. And believe me when I say we were no angels.

We in turn have never laid a hand on our daughter (now 19). So is this something that if you experienced it, you continue the tradition, so to speak?

Personally I see it as a sign of weakness if I would have to resort to physical means to get my point across. I realize that raising a boy is different from raising a girl though. But there are other ways to punish kids than threatening physical violence. Anyone else feel the same way?

I'm sure the boys in this video agree with you 100%.:thumbsup:

When I was younger and used to get in trouble, I knew when I got home a wooden spoon, slipper or just my mothers beating would be waiting for me. After getting a good whooping, the next time I always thought of the consequences. Kids now think, what's going to happen, I'll get grounded for a week .... big deal.

We need to install some fear in these kids bc the think they're invincible

I think it's all about how you treat your kids from a very young age. So many times, I see toddlers screaming at the top of their lungs and their parents don't even respond. Clearly, that behavior gets them attention at home, but in public the parents are embarrassed and act as it if didn't happen. That's the start of kids running their parents instead of the other way around.

I believe that if you teach kids from a very young age what is acceptable and what is not, that when they're older, there is no need to go to extreme measures to get them in line.

I refuse to believe you can instill values by beating a teenager with a wooden spoon. If they don't understand values and right and wrong at that point, you have already failed as a parent.

Of course, I could be completely wrong. But I doubt it. :)

I think it's all about how you treat your kids from a very young age. So many times, I see toddlers screaming at the top of their lungs and their parents don't even respond. Clearly, that behavior gets them attention at home, but in public the parents are embarrassed and act as it if didn't happen. That's the start of kids running their parents instead of the other way around.

I believe that if you teach kids from a very young age what is acceptable and what is not, that when they're older, there is no need to go to extreme measures to get them in line.

I refuse to believe you can instill values by beating a teenager with a wooden spoon. If they don't understand values and right and wrong at that point, you have already failed as a parent.

Of course, I could be completely wrong. But I doubt it. :)

Well....you continue to use your "stern" voice for discipline on yours, and I'll continue to beat mine :thumbsup:

I wrote out three responses to this, probably over 1000 words...all to get to the point

This infuriates me to a level I didn't know I could be at!

As mean as it is, I hope at least one of these kids gets physically broken down and emotionally slaughtered as an adult. They can cry sorry to mom and dad, but unless they know what it feels like they will never understand. I bet that lady was cool as double hockey sticks and had stories these kids would have loved to have heard if they would have just sat down and talked to her like a human.

I know many family friends who are really good people and have respect for everyone yet their kids turn out to be complete a-holes. I think it goes both ways; some kids who never get spanked can be good, and some kids who do get spanked can turn out to be completely bad. I personally think there should be a combination of both IF the situation calls for it. Teach the kids about respect, teach them how hurtful bullies are, and if they still don't listen, IMO a wooden spoon should come into play.

As for teaching the kids from a young age about what's acceptable and not; if you tell a toddler to NOT run around the house with a marker in a stern voice, will they listen? I have red markings all over my walls/carpet that says no, they don't.