Customer Service 866.965.0400

Blaster sidekick vs Vac n blow500?

Sandalwood

Question

16 answers to this question

You can use the 500 to blow some water off the car, but it does not have much power for doing this. Also you are blowing 'dirty' air too. But then you cannot use the Sidekick to vacuum at all!

If you already have a vac, then definitely get the Sidekick. It is not as powerful at the Master Blaster and is not for drying the whole car, but it does a great job of removing water from areas that puddle and hide water - roof rails, emblems, moldings, lug nut holes in the wheels, door jambs, etc. Also good for drying the tires before using SVRT.

You can use the 500 to blow some water off the car, but it does not have much power for doing this. Also you are blowing 'dirty' air too. But then you cannot use the Sidekick to vacuum at all!

If you already have a vac, then definitely get the Sidekick. It is not as powerful at the Master Blaster and is not for drying the whole car, but it does a great job of removing water from areas that puddle and hide water - roof rails, emblems, moldings, lug nut holes in the wheels, door jambs, etc. Also good for drying the tires before using SVRT.

I'm not looking to dry off the whole car, just blow water out of crevices..

I'm not looking to dry off the whole car, just blow water out of crevices..

Then get the sidekick. It works great for getting the water out of the crevices. I use it on so many areas the water loves to hide!

I have the Vac n Blow 500.

For crevices I tried using it but found that my electric leaf blower works much better.

It is a useful and convenient little vac for a car that is regularly maintained but IMHO is too slow for doing deep cleaning on really dirty vehicles. The bag on the vac is very small and should be dumped after every.

Overall it is a great little unit for home/individual vac use but I don't like it or use it for the blower function.

:cheers:

If you are only looking for limited water removal, the sidekick works great. The other use I really like from this lil guy is to remove dust. Small quick and does a great job, makes the ww process easier or even not necessary at times.

Why doesn't anyone ever consider an air compressor when these discussions come up? I'm sure there is a good reason not to, I just can't think of it.

In my opinion, a compressor is unbeatable for air pressure and can dry the whole car or just use it for cracks and crevices. There's also the aspects of cleaning and blowing out your pads and tools along with maintaining tire pressure and so on.

Why doesn't anyone ever consider an air compressor when these discussions come up? I'm sure there is a good reason not to, I just can't think of it.

In my opinion, a compressor is unbeatable for air pressure and can dry the whole car or just use it for cracks and crevices. There's also the aspects of cleaning and blowing out your pads and tools along with maintaining tire pressure and so on.

I won't use an air compressor for a couple reasons:

1) Typical consumer grade air compressors won't have enough air volume. They have pressure in a very small stream but not the volume to effectively dry a large surface

2) Typical consumer grade air compressors are not designed to run constantly but just every few minutes to boost the pressure up. If they run constantly moisture will form and then the air stream coming out of the hose is not dry air but moist air. Most people don't drain the moisture from their tanks like they should and using an air compressor in this manner will just make the moisture problem worse.

3) Volume for volume, air compressors cost more than a blower.

If you already have an air compressor you can try using it for this purpose. When I started detailing I tried using my air compressor but found that my electric leaf blower was faster and more effective for removing excess water from the car.

:cheers:

In my business we use 2 large compressors to run a dozen nail guns. Over time the moisture does build up as mentioned as well as internal rusting. Ours are drained nightly and still there is a chance of moisture and rust particles to be blasted onto your paint.

Not worth the risk in my mind!

I used to use a compressor before I purchased the Blaster Sidekick. It was decent for not having another option, but the compressor was always running (trying to refill the tank as I was using it.) The Blaster Sidekick is a much better option for car use. It's worth every penny.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

i own both! for someone that doesn't have a place for the big daddy versions, both are essential. since you could always go to a coin op to use their vacuums without damaging anything, the sidekick is probably the one you want first.

stay tuned i might be "giving" my vac-n-blo 500 away in August after my b-day (minus shipping and handling). the jumbo vac-n-blo is on my list.