Customer Service 866.965.0400

Vehicle Badge Painting?

F150

I've got my Oxford White F150... and I'm going for a black on white look for it...

And after repainting my grille (Much needed) I looked at the emblem...

I'm thinking of painting it black aswell, or should i leave it the way it is?

:help:

Thanks.. Make sure to mask off the rest of the truck.. Plasti-dip has a pretty far fallout range for overspray. It removes easily with clay but, it's easier to cover the rest of the vehicle than it is clay barring it :)

haha yeah, i'll make sure to get that done soon! I'll post pics when it's done.. I'll be on vacation for a week or so, so when i'm back, Pictures will be posted! :D

Hmm, that could be good... The stuff peels right off if I don't like it!

I have to disagree on that one. That stuff certainly doesn't peel right off. Especially if you let it cure for a few days. No one loves the dip more than the Boz.

My 2 examples stayed in place with no peeling, chipping, curling etc....

1) (Charger Here) http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/detailers-write-ups/18075.htm

2) (Sonata Here) http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/detailers-write-ups/17215-2.htm

Plastidip! I think some people here know how adamant I am on the stuff. Ive done 25+ cars. Everything from wheels, emblems, trim, you name it.

On emblems, be light. Light coats is key. If you don't, it will bubble and look terrible in the end. So take it slow and have fun. It comes off easily if you mess up!

I have not touched Plastidip. To me it's like putting ketchup on a nice steak.....kinda cheapens things up. But I understand it's an efficient way to try it out. I say DEBADGE for the win!! Paint the roof, grille, and exhaust black. And it'll be MUCH cleaner than plastidipping all your emblems.

I have not touched Plastidip. To me it's like putting ketchup on a nice steak.....kinda cheapens things up. But I understand it's an efficient way to try it out. I say DEBADGE for the win!! Paint the roof, grille, and exhaust black. And it'll be MUCH cleaner than plastidipping all your emblems.

i agree with you to an extent, i think its tacky if you plastidip every freaking thing on your car, especially the rims.

In my case Ive used it to black out my gas cap/side scuttles where paint just wouldnt look right IMO. My rims are a unique finish where its not quite matte nor not quite glossy. The plastidip finish matches it perfectly.

I also think it has an OEM look to it, especially if you use it to black out your emblems. If done right its very tasteful, if over done you went plastidip crazy then its time you sell your car and ride a bike :jester:

When I recover from this surgery I am going to paint the gray cladding on my 4Runner with PD......:thumbsup:

This how it looks now

Plain.jpg

What it will look like

BlackCladding.jpg

that looks fantastic! now see, thats tastefull :lolsmack:

Edited by 3PedalMINI

I'll have to try this on my Pontiac Arrows on my Torrent. I was planning on getting some vinyl wrap and doing it that way, but this seems to be a lot easier. It should look good on a black vehicle I hope.

Dream Workz Auto Detailing using Tapatalk

If you don't like black emblems but want something not so shiny(or they are attached with holes instead of adhesive) then brush the emblems with a green scotch-brite until there are fine lines going the same way, and paint in with clear plasti-dip.

Comes out looking identical to brushed aluminum:rockon: