Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pricing Changes on Some Products Coming

At Adam's we do our best to always keep our raw materials and supply pricing in check so as not to have increase prices to our customers, but after absorbing some increased costs on our end for a few rounds now its finally hit a point where we're going to have to increase some prices to adjust things.

On the bright side we going to discount other items to help offset the increases for you guys... we know Detail Spray is a high volume product for everyone so hopefully reducing the 36oz will help take some of the sting out of the gallon increase.

Thanks as always for your business guys... these changes will be going into effect starting Monday, July 9th.

Increases:

Waterless Wash Gallons: $39.95 (was $34.95)

Detail Spray Gallons: $44.95 (was $39.95)

Reduction:

Detail Spray 36oz: $19.95 (was $24.95)

New Sizes (coming soon):

Glass Cleaner 36oz: $19.95

Microfiber Revitalizer 36oz: $19.95

To pay a few dollars more for such high quality products does not change anything for me. You guys do so much for us I see no wrong in all of us helping aleiviate this in return on your end.

Thanks for being the best company around and kudos to the new Glass Cleaner and Microfiber Revitalizer sizes (Did I really just say kudos :D)

Thanks for understanding friends, and I want you to know we take price increases seriously. We don't want to turn you off, that's for sure.

We have absorbed four increases in raw material costs on these since the last price increase in 2008. There were two bottle/ plastic price increases, and one increase to the sprayer as well, hence this increase.

How about we just celebrate the price reduction on the 36oz Detail Spray??

:thumbsup:

The increases are minuscule and very warranted. I work in the auto parts business and I can tell you these are nothing compared to what we see weekly!

Thank you Adam & Company for doing what you can to keep your prices down, but we all understand that business is business and that Made In America does sometimes come at a cost, but last time I looked is did say PREMIUM CAR CARE.

I have no issues spending a few more dollars, just need to cut back on food or something else non essential.

Besides how do you put a price on your commitment to your customers and your country?

Thanks for understanding friends, and I want you to know we take price increases seriously. We don't want to turn you off, that's for sure.

We have absorbed four increases in raw material costs on these since the last price increase in 2008. There were two bottle/ plastic price increases, and one increase to the sprayer as well, hence this increase.

How about we just celebrate the price reduction on the 36oz Detail Spray??

:thumbsup:

:lol: Two bottle/plastic price increases. . . . . Within those price increases did they factor in the bottom of the bottles cracking? :jester: BTW Adam, is the day/evening temperature range still applicable in order to not damage the products? Here it is, July and our night temp's are still in the 40's, sometimes cooler. Tomorrow and through next week, the day time temp's are going to be in the 90's. Is that to much of a fluctuation to safely move them out of my den and into my shop. My current shop is metal and the smaller one I'm having built strictly for detailing will also be made of metal. Needless to say, when it's 80 or 90 degrees outside, it's a lot hotter inside the shop.

Thought about installing A/C in the new shop but the cost is prohibitive when you try to cool down a 26x26' building.

Your new price increases ~ not a problem when you factor in that gas and diesel in Oregon is probably the highest of any State.

Agree ~ love the price reduction for the DS. :2thumbs:

This will not stop me from purchasing any of these Adams products.

First of all this is expected to happen ..costs go up sometimes and unfortunately companies need to adjust to compensate for it. Understandable.

We appreciate how hard Adams works to provide an all "Made in America" product.

Its not the easiest task these days that's for sure. Its well worth the extra $ knowing we are receiving a great product and you are supporting the American worker.

I guess I will be the first (maybe only) one to cringe a little when I see this. We are now talking about nearly $56 shipped for (1) ONE gallon of detail spray, Whoa Momma! Dont get me wrong I love Adams and dont mind paying a small premium for American made products and the guarantee but trying to justify some of the pricing is becoming more difficult for me as a responsible spender. I will definitely be dilluting my remaining supply for claying and drying usage from now on. When that runs out, who knows......hopefully the sales and specials will be frequent (fingers crossed). I do appreciate the heads up to keep the customer informed. Please dont flame me as I am still a loyal Adams user, just a completely honest one :2thumbs:

I guess I will be the first (maybe only) one to cringe a little when I see this. We are now talking about nearly $56 shipped for (1) ONE gallon of detail spray, Whoa Momma! Dont get me wrong I love Adams and dont mind paying a small premium for American made products and the guarantee but trying to justify some of the pricing is becoming more difficult for me as a responsible spender. I will definitely be dilluting my remaining supply for claying and drying usage from now on. When that runs out, who knows......hopefully the sales and specials will be frequent (fingers crossed). I do appreciate the heads up to keep the customer informed. Please dont flame me as I am still a loyal Adams user, just a completely honest one :2thumbs:

Chase: I don't think you have to worry about being flamed, at least not from me. I realize with the financial situation this entire Country is in, one has to make some difficult choices. This Country, especially our Government, needs to be responsible spenders and that filters down to the middle class, etc.

Furthermore, there needs to be more people like you that are honest. Additionally, more individuals need to stand up for what they believe in. Having ran a small business a long time ago, the price increases forced me to shut it down.

It's individuals like Adam, who are doing their best to keep all of his products made in America. Sure, he could probably buy double for what he's currently paying if he bought from China. However I highly respect him and others like him for what he's doing. Hopefully we will again see the day when everything is made in the U.S. of A ~ as it all should be.

I overspend when it comes to buying Adam's products and there are times when it's difficult to decide to buy them or give up something just as important.

In retrospect, stop and think about this. We ~ all of us don't need to buy any detailing products to keep our rides the way we want them. I think you will agree, there are other detailing products that will indeed put a good shine on our rides but not nearly as good as what Adam sells. However, expensive as it is, it's still a hobby we opted to become involved with and for that we pay the price/s that are necessary to continue forward.

I sincerely appreciate your honesty and willing to post it on the forum.

Hang in there. :patriot::grouphug:

Edited by Corners

Chase: I don't think you have to worry about being flamed, at least not from me. I realize with the financial situation this entire Country is in, one has to make some difficult choices. This Country, especially our Government, needs to be responsible spenders and that filters down to the middle class, etc.

Furthermore, there needs to be more people like you that are honest. Additionally, more individuals need to stand up for what they believe in. Having ran a small business a long time ago, the price increases forced me to shut it down.

It's individuals like Adam, who are doing their best to keep all of his products made in America. Sure, he could probably buy double for what he's currently paying if he bought from China. However I highly respect him and others like him for what he's doing. Hopefully we will again see the day when everything is made in the U.S. of A ~ as it all should be.

I overspend when it comes to buying Adam's products and there are times when it's difficult to decide to buy them or give up something just as important.

In retrospect, stop and think about this. We ~ all of us don't need to buy any detailing products to keep our rides the way we want them. However it's a hobby we opted to become involved with and for that we pay the price/s that are necessary to continue forward.

I sincerely appreciate your honesty and willing to post it on the forum.

Hang in there. :patriot::grouphug:

Agreed on all points, well said and thanks for acknowledging my perspective. :cheers:

I see and understand both sides in why there's an increase on some product and why there's a decrease in the 36oz as well as some Adams users...I don't want to say concerns but maybe, hesitations and acceptance of the price changes. I TOTALLY understand the reasons for both points of view, combined with the economy right now it's just hard on everyone..both business owner and consumer!

We ALL have to make due for right now and keep "fighting the good fight" in terms of business, budget, the way we live our lives and how we take care of one another.

..but..... meanwhile in the SLOWpoke/Davis Detailing world...there's gonna be a paint correction with at least a 2 stage polish involved, for free...not a girlfriends, not a family or close friends car, plus I'm giving him a brand new Adams wash pad and 16oz car shampoo

I have several reasons for doing this. I know he's been trying to take care of his ride the proper way and is going to follow my instructions to maintain his paint after corrected. He needs some quality products (Adams) and that's why I'm trying to introduce the brand to him, plus we have a semi local dealer Len (InDepthAutoDetailing) so I'm trying to get him some more addicts..I mean customers lol!! But lastly..for God's sake it doesn't hurt for any of us to just go out of our way for people sometimes. I was told if you want to make a difference in how people act then to lead by example, well maybe this is my small insignificant way of doing so..I dunno but I'm gonna have fun I DO know that!! ;):thumbsup:

Agreed on all points, well said and thanks for acknowledging my perspective. :cheers:

You're most welcome and thank "you" for expressing your feelings to the entire forum. :2thumbs:

Just a quick P.S. If you run out of DS, I have a spare gallon that I would be willing to sell to you for - hmmmmmm - roughly $99.95 :jester:

Edited by Corners

It's just nice to see a company announce these kinds of changes and not slip it in at midnight like Amazon did with their Prime shipping changes.

Wish more businesses were honest about price changes like Adam's

:iagree:

I'm finding it harder and harder to be able to afford to get this stuff. There is some things that can be cut out or cut down on but detail spray isn't one of those things since it is used for pretty much everything. I don't really see how making the 36oz bottle cheaper is helping. I mean it still costs more to fill up a 36oz bottle 2 times than it does to buy a gallon. A little disappointed I guess. I guess I'll just have to really keep an eye out for sales. I suppose I could also use WW for drying. :(

Thanks for the heads up on this guys! Price increases are never easy to swallow.

Thanks for keeping your business here in the USA and not resorting to buying from non-fair wage countries in an attempt to avoid a price increase.

:patriot:

:iagree:

I'm finding it harder and harder to be able to afford to get this stuff. There is some things that can be cut out or cut down on but detail spray isn't one of those things since it is used for pretty much everything. I don't really see how making the 36oz bottle cheaper is helping. I mean it still costs more to fill up a 36oz bottle 2 times than it does to buy a gallon. A little disappointed I guess. I guess I'll just have to really keep an eye out for sales. I suppose I could also use WW for drying. :(

Three things:

1. The master blaster cuts WAY WAY WAY down on how much ds you use.
  2. No one likes price increases - anywhere on anything.
  3. They didn't mention increasing the price of the 5 gallon jug - much cheaper.