Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help Me Pick My New Polisher

DP 08 GXP

Question

well the time has come for me to upgrade polishers...i have the Flex 3401 and PC 7424 XP and while i mainly use the Flex 3401 i have run into a few vehicles that could have used a more powerful machine like the F150 i just did...if i wasnt doing this for money i wouldnt mind the extra time plus my cars never get as bad as what my customers cars look like...i have been looking at these 2 Flex rotaries

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004XAN4M4/ref=s9_simh_gw_p60_d1_g60_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0ARQRG6N7Q0QX1AWH2YT&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846]Amazon.com: Flex PE14-2-150 6-Inch Compact Variable Speed Car Polisher: Home Improvement[/ame]

or

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DB0PRS/ref=s9_simh_gw_p60_d1_g60_i5?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0ARQRG6N7Q0QX1AWH2YT&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846]Amazon.com: Flex L3403VRG Light-weight Polishing Machine with Accelerator Trigger Switch: Home Improvement[/ame]

which one would you go with if you were in my shoes?

17 answers to this question

Both are fine machines, but the PE14 is sooo light! But it is about a hundred and a half more too. BTW, Phil at http://www.detailersdomain.com/ carries the PE14.

i will take a look at his website...thanks for the link

I absolutely love my PE14. You can't go wrong with either rotary, but the PE14 gets my vote.

thanks for the input!

Lol you asked this on the other forum to.

yeah i know...i didnt know how many people on here used rotaries versus over there so i wanted to get a few more opinions from those that used it

Rotaries scare me! Godspeed, Sir.

yeah thats why im going to practice on a POS lol

I've also been looking at the PE14-2. You should check with Dylan. I think he uses that one. I'd also check and see if there is any way to buy through Adams. That way maybe you'll get the Adams warranty with it. You never know.

that would be sweet to get it through them...ill shot him a pm and see what he has to say

For not that much more money you should look at festools line up of rotarys, they make incredible woodworking tools and I've seen praises as high as the heavens for the festool rotarys. They are German made like the flex and have an incredible support group. This is all we buy for our hobby woodworking, they are well worth the money.

They are pretty serious about the automotive area, if they ever make a DA I'll be all over it

Rotary polisher

thanks for the info....when i was looking at the different backing plates for the Flex PE i saw they offer a 2 7/8"....this would be the correct size to use with the 4" Adam's focus pads correct?

Yes... you can get almost any size backing plate for a rotary