Customer Service 866.965.0400

Makes you scratch your head.....

floraneg

Yesterday my wife went to lunch with her mother and on the way home she passed the Porsche dealership and noticed that they had her dream car on the lot (911 Turbo). I've been keeping my eye out for the guards red with the tan interior, but haven't come across one in the past two years. Well she immediately calls me and tells me that the unicorn is there and that if I wanted to buy it she would gladly accept it. Seeing that our 20th anniversary is coming up, I said what the heck and emailed them last night. I received a response from the internet manager this morning at 9:30 that said "Mr. Florane, thank you for your inquiry on the 911 Turbo. Mr. Short has your information and will be contacting you by 10:00am to discuss the automobile and answer any questions you may have." I'll add that I told them that I was looking to buying the car today. Well guess what? It's 7:45pm here and no call. I called the dealership around 2:15 and asked for Mr. Short and was told that he was at lunch and he would return my call as soon as he got back.

I guess a commission on a 911 Turbo isn't worth his/their time. Apparently, the economy is a lot better around here than I realize. Maybe the gang in Colorado can develop a DVD on customer service. I know someone who can uses it.

I'll continue to keep my eyes out, because I will NEVER buy from that dealership.

Wow, I don't blame you one bit for never giving that dealership your business. I have an very close association with both Porsche dealerships here in Atlanta and I can tell you that neither one would not call you back right away, if not sooner. Even if you were not going to 'buy the car today'.

If you like, I'll have a sales manager call you, tomorrow, and I'll even make sure that if they can get you a Guards Red/Tan 911 Turbo, I will have them ship it to you for free if you are in the US (not CA, AK or HI though). Maybe even a discount ??? Just PM me with your number.

It does make you scratch your head, doesn't it???

I had the same experience with a local dealer on Wrangler Unlimited.. Got 1 email form GM, and 1 from Salesperson.. it read and I quote..

"Nice Unit, Silver, $33 blah blah" THATS IT!! Not one of my questions answered! So I will be taking my business elsewhere as well.

Maybe he was upset that I said his "Internet Sales Bonus" including Lifetime Washes was not of interest to me. I was nice.. Just blows my mind that these people make so little effort..

My Bride and I have had a few experiences with car dealers, but nothing in the same level price as the OP. It seems very few dealers have consistent customer service across the entire company. If sales dept is good, then service stinks. If service is good, then sales support is not there. And there are those where sales and service both are horrible. Of course there are good exceptions, but they seem to be the exception. My expectation of car dealers is very low at this point. :(

I have discovered that many car salesmen are not really car people. I know several that really knew nothing about the car I wanted to buy or order. I even had to help them price out the SHO when I was looking to order one, they didn't even know what you could or couldn't order....they simply are not car people and hence aren't really interested in learning about their products.

See my dealerships here in Northern IL are 100% opposite.

I no longer have my 08 Silverado but I got a card from that salesman on my bday and he knows I sold the truck.

The main dealership I use when looking for my '12 bent over backwards to find it for me. Every option I wanted, some I didnt need, but they went through about 75-100 trucks til they found the one I wanted. They give my my first oil change on the truck free, let me transfer my tonneau cover over, free mudflaps, and a seal kit. They took REALLY good care of me. Just a small town Chevy dealer(little farm town), but if I recall correctly, they are the #1 truck seller in IL. I couldnt have been happier to pick this one up from them. They still call to check in on me or I see them at the occasional mutual aid fires and they are the first to ask.

good luck on finding your Eleanor... its out there.

This is really surprising and nothing at all like dealing with North Scottsdale Porsche. I haven't experienced anything but amazing customer service since buying mine 2.5 years ago. Before and after the purchase everyone has always gotten back to me right away when ever I have any need. Their service is one of the reasons I'd stay with Porsche.