Customer Service 866.965.0400

Spots on a white car

BlueGenCoupe

Question

25 answers to this question

yeah, i had these rust looking spots on my truck. they're a pain in the butt to clay off. i eventually got an iron cut product and it worked perfectly. its really only a necessity the first time you clay a white vehicle, other colors not so much. Phil @ Detailer's Domain sells the right one you need!

Does 'iron cut' act as an abrasive on the paint. I know clay 'pulls' contaminants from the paint and was just wondering how iron cut works if its so much more effective at removing rail dust. Also heard products like that smell like farts lol

yeah, i had these rust looking spots on my truck. they're a pain in the butt to clay off. i eventually got an iron cut product and it worked perfectly. its really only a necessity the first time you clay a white vehicle, other colors not so much. Phil @ Detailer's Domain sells the right one you need!

How did u order from them? When I call there's never an answer and

their Internet site says it's not secure??

Does 'iron cut' act as an abrasive on the paint. I know clay 'pulls' contaminants from the paint and was just wondering how iron cut works if its so much more effective at removing rail dust. Also heard products like that smell like farts lol

don't quote me on this, but a magical spirit attacks the evil iron spots and dissolves it into purple goop... yeah that's how its done!

I just ordered the goods from detailer's domain. My dad wanted the gilmour foam gun kit :lol:.

Can I just apply the deironizer to the areas where the spots are or should I apply it to the entire panel?

just wherever you see them, but if you find the over spray is picking up contaminents, there's probably rail dust on it that is too small for the naked eye to see. in that case i would just go over the entire car with it! saves time when you go to clay bar after. spray some on your wheels after you've cleaned them, you might be surprised what it might pick up, even after GWC has done it's job!

be sure to take some pics of it in action if you plan on doing a write up on here :thumbsup:

How did u order from them? When I call there's never an answer and

their Internet site says it's not secure??

once you "proceed to checkout" it becomes secured

Edited by 2010TexasEdition

:confused:

Are these iron cut products safe for the paint and clear coat? If so, why doesn't Adams carry any? Wouldn't want the chemicals reacting with other sprays and chemicals I put on my car. Google search producing limited information lol

:confused:

Are these iron cut products safe for the paint and clear coat? If so, why doesn't Adams carry any? Wouldn't want the chemicals reacting with other sprays and chemicals I put on my car. Google search producing limited information lol

its pH neutral so its as safe as car shampoo. IIRC, Dylan touched on the subject awhile ago and the reason they haven't come out with one yet, is because its more of an extra step thats not always necessary. most of the time you can get rid of these ferrous metals with the clay bar, but on lighter colored paint, like white and silver, they're more noticeable so your sitting there battling them with a clay bar and marring the paint in the process unless you use a gallon of DS to clay! it won't replace claying, just an extra step on some finishes to reduce the time spent detailing.

Heres my thought - it only attaks iron contamination... what about the other contaminants? tar? overspray? fallout?

So you're going to clay anyways to address those, and clay will more often than not remove the rail dust at the same time.

So you can buy a product to treat 1 problem in an area that may have 10, then go back over it with clay, or you can just clay and deal with all of it at once.

thats a great way to put it, but the reason i found it useful the one time i had to use it was, because claying just wasn't removing the rust spots as easily as other things. i literally spent an hour on the bottom half of my passenger door with a clay bar rubbing back and forth, adding mists of DS trying to remove each and every spot before i finally gave up and started researching alternatives. once the iron cut came in, it quickly dissolved said spots with no effort except squeezing the spray trigger and rinsing it off. i don't know how they bonded to the paint that well, i first noticed them after a winter ski trip just after a good blizzard.

granted that was probably the last time i'll ever have to use it, so i can't imagine how small the list of repeat customers is for the product, especially if Adam's sold one, with the way we all take care of our rides! seems it would only benefit the full time detailers that see trashed cars every single day.

Here ya go! Detailers Domain Iron Cut

Phil@DetailersDomain

Directions:

1. Wash the car or wheels surfaces, make sure surface is cool.

2. Shake well, spray on the surface, rub it in with damp sponge thoroughly, wait 5 mins while contaminants change its color to purpel / red, wipe off with damp soft sponge. Don’t let the Iron Cut dry completely on surface!

3. Rinse well or power wash the whole surface. Car is now ready to clay!

OK so I just got the Ironcut in the mail and I got to say...it flippin stinks...I almost threw up.

Anyways, how does it work? just spray it on and let it turn purple? do I have to scrub it with a wash pad?

yeah, forgot to mention that part. nothing like the Adam's scents :lolsmack:

so pretty much you want to use it on a just washed car. no need really to dry it, but a pool rinse to remove most of the water on the surface helps. spray the product on, you can use a wash pad to scrub it in, or a wheel brush if your using it on the wheels, and once its turned purple/red you can rinse it off. don't let it dry on the finish!

Heres my thought - it only attaks iron contamination... what about the other contaminants? tar? overspray? fallout?

So you're going to clay anyways to address those, and clay will more often than not remove the rail dust at the same time.

So you can buy a product to treat 1 problem in an area that may have 10, then go back over it with clay, or you can just clay and deal with all of it at once.

I had mixed results with the product. It didn't remove it at all like the pictures showed, well the stuff in my paint is Cinders. Its a derivative of burnt coal waste.. It has iron properties and is NASTY to get out! Well the Iron Cut did weaken it, but I still had to clay, and clay my arms off! So take that for what it is..

yes, the iron cut only attacks ferrous metals. if it doesn't remove the spots, then they're not ferrous metals and claying would still be needed. but the OP most likely has rail dust on the finish which the iron cut is perfect for