Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dried Gatorade or something on light colored carpet

Coderedpl

Question

So a little while ago one of my brothers friends decided it would be a good idea to spill something on the carpet in the rear seat. Schedule has been busy and we didn't have Adams products around to try and tackle it. So I tried today. Sprayed it with apc and a bit of carpet cleaner. I let it sit for a bit and then scrubbed the hell out of it.... It doesn't seem like it did anything at all.

Any ideas?

Attaching picture

a6f8045f-1045-1ef8.jpg

12 answers to this question

Did you use a carpet brush on it? And when you say carpet cleaner did you use the Adam's Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner?

I've seen much worse then that come up with no issues with the carpet brush and Adam's CUC.

Did you use a carpet brush on it? And when you say carpet cleaner did you use the Adam's Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner?

I've seen much worse then that come up with no issues with the carpet brush and Adam's CUC.

Yes, the yellow carpet brush and adams carpet and upholstery cleaner.

Do i let it soak for a few minutes longer or something and then scrub hard?

Yes I would spray the entire area with CUC and use the stream on the areas of the stain. I don't think you need to wait, just go ahead and start scrubbing in all directions. Then wipe away with a microfiber. If you don't see any improvement then there is most likely some serious dye in that drink. You may need to resort to something more powerful such as a steamer like Anthony mentioned. Good luck!

Soak it in Adam's CUC and get a Steam Cleaner and make sure that the water is really hot.

Scrubbing just spreads it all over the place so dab it and not scrub back and forth. :willy:

Red is the hardest color to get out of carpet especially if it has sat for awhile like you stated.

CUC did get red koolaide out of my light beige carpet in my home but I did attempt to soak most of it up before I cleaned it. :2thumbs:

Need to visit one of the rugdoctor.com locations to rent one out with the hose attachment. Hell maybe ill do all the carpets in the car while I'm at it. What else can it be used for? Seats?

Any updates to this? Just curious how things turned out.

Been VERY busy with other things we didn't really get to tackle this yet. Maybe this or next week.

Don't rent just buy a little green machine $100 and the works great for the price.

Not entirely sure what machine you're referring to. I guess the machine by Bissell?

Not entirely sure what machine you're referring to. I guess the machine by Bissell?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002DNXBUI/ref=s9_simh_gw_p201_d0_g201_i7?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0GVK80429X22T8NP0XZ7&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846]BISSELL Auto Care ProHeat Compact Multi-Purpose Deep Cleaner, 14254: Amazon.com: Home & Kitchen[/ame]

You can spend $30 renting a rug doctor, or the $95 here and have a machine that will get much use over the next 10 years or so :thumbsup: