Customer Service 866.965.0400

Is the Microfiber Revitalizer HE compliant?

Chadg

Question

Yeah so as the proud new owner of a High Efficiency Steam Washer, I am now staring at my gallon of microfiber revitalizer and wondering whether or not it will damage my machine. The manual for my washer makes it VERY CLEAR that non-HE detergents will damage the machine - so I don't want to risk a $1000 washer on a $30 gallon of revitalizer.

Adam's Microfiber Revitalizer & Brightener Gallon Refill

Copied from above link

"Adam's Microfiber Revitalizer is HE compatible and safe for use in all HE certified washing machines."

I have a gallon and an HE machine as well. Have never heard the damage the machine issue. I do know that they use far less soap than a regular machine.

Edited by LFairbanks

While we are on the subject...do we just add it to the main soap tub with our normal detergent or the pre wash or add it to the wash barrel directly? I'm not real knowledgeable about these things.:help:

Yeah so as the proud new owner of a High Efficiency Steam Washer, I am now staring at my gallon of microfiber revitalizer and wondering whether or not it will damage my machine. The manual for my washer makes it VERY CLEAR that non-HE detergents will damage the machine - so I don't want to risk a $1000 washer on a $30 gallon of revitalizer.

Yes, it will damage your new HE steam washer but not my 7 year old HE Whirlpool Duet wahser. Send it to me at once. :D:lol:

All of my testing of the product was done in my HE washer... so long as you follow the directions (1oz for small loads, 2oz for larger loads) and never exceed those you're fine.

Always be sure to use the extra rinse cycle as well... HE washers use far less water than 'traditional' washers, so the biggest issue you'll run into (if any) is detergents not rinsing out completely.

The potential for damage comes more from foaming... regular laundry soaps foam up like mad, that thick foam can damage the pumps in the newer machines. MFB&R foams, but not like a traditional laundry soap so its HE safe.

i just add mine into the detergent slot with tide free

Does everyone use Microfiber Revitalizer with detergent or without?

While we are on the subject...do we just add it to the main soap tub with our normal detergent or the pre wash or add it to the wash barrel directly? I'm not real knowledgeable about these things.:help:

:help:

I use it with detergent.

So yes?

I use it without.

Wait, so no? :willy:

All of my testing of the product was done in my HE washer... so long as you follow the directions (1oz for small loads, 2oz for larger loads) and never exceed those you're fine.

Always be sure to use the extra rinse cycle as well... HE washers use far less water than 'traditional' washers, so the biggest issue you'll run into (if any) is detergents not rinsing out completely.

The potential for damage comes more from foaming... regular laundry soaps foam up like mad, that thick foam can damage the pumps in the newer machines. MFB&R foams, but not like a traditional laundry soap so its HE safe.

Thanks Dylan, I've been trying to pummel people with questions (poor Ashley) about whether or not the steam features of the washer will negatively effect the microfibers in any way?

So yes?

Wait, so no? :willy:

Thanks Dylan, I've been trying to pummel people with questions (poor Ashley) about whether or not the steam features of the washer will negatively effect the microfibers in any way?

I use mine w/o regular laundry detergent. It works fine by itself.

Just to clarify guys...

You shouldn't be using it IN ADDITION to regular detergent. Thats too much soap in one load... if you chose to use it in the load, then its the only soap you add to the wash.

Ooooooooooo.....I've been using it wrong as hell then

Tapa Mobile..

Just to clarify guys...

You shouldn't be using it IN ADDITION to regular detergent. Thats too much soap in one load... if you chose to use it in the load, then its the only soap you add to the wash.

Dylan,

What are the benefits of using the revitalizer vs. a detergent like Dreft? Is it just better suited to removing sealant/wax/polish residue than a regular detergent or is it actually better for the microfiber material?

Additionally, can you tell me if using the steam function on a HE washer will damage my microfibers? I would imagine not, since boiling them essentially restores them to like new, right?

Thanks!

Chad

Edited by Chadg

Dylan,

What are the benefits of using the revitalizer vs. a detergent like Dreft? Is it just better suited to removing sealant/wax/polish residue than a regular detergent or is it actually better for the microfiber material?

Additionally, can you tell me if using the steam function on a HE washer will damage my microfibers? I would imagine not, since boiling them essentially restores them to like new, right?

Thanks!

Chad

Like dreft it contains no dyes or perfumes that can clog the towel, but it is specially formuated to go after common 'detailing contamination' like waxes, polymers, grease, etc. while still being safe for the MF material.

I believe I answered your steamer question over on C5 -

Generally you want to spare the towels any abuse you can, but still get them clean. I have no first hand experience with the steam washers so I really can't offer you much in terms of 'real world' experience, but in theory you want to avoid high heat for regular washing. To me steam would indicate a high level of heat.

Again though, purely speculation since I've not used a steam washer yet.

The comparison to steam and boiling are really very different...with steam you have a mixture of heated air and water vapor where with boiling they're submerged in water.

Boiling is a way to get the towels to release trapped fibers, fabric softener residue, etc that has become trapped and is impeding the performance of the towel. Its definitely process you only want to do when needed.

Thanks Dylan, just saw your reply on Camaro5 as well - very much appreciated. Since my washer broke immediately after arriving in California from a cross country move we've got laundry stacked up to the gills. My wife is super particular about how we launder her clothes, I could care less about any of my stuff except for my Adam's microfibers - which I'm borderline obsessive/compulsive about (OK, maybe not so borderline). I will definitely avoid using the steam feature, and boiled my towels like Ashley advised. I'll let you know how the next big polishing session goes in a few weeks - thank you again for your help!

Chad

If you care to experiment and provide feedback on how the steam washer effects them please do... as a matter of fact, if you'll take 1 waffle weave and 1 plush towel out of your collection as 'sacrifices' I'll replace them 2x for a quality writeup on the results. If they come out unscathed you get more towels, if they are ruined you get more towels... win win!

As Steam Washers become more common I'd imagine this will be an increasingly common question and without one of my own to test with it would be worth it to me to double your towels for the input.

I spray the real dirty spots and then wash with Woolite. So i guess i end up using two detergent, as I save up my towels use a good bit spraying the dirty spots.

Haven't noticed a soap problem yet. I have a regular washing machine.

we just got a brand new HE washer and dryer for our new house, and the first load my wife put in, she used our old non-HE compliant detergent and i about flipped a lid. luckily i caught her before it went in and i diluted it down with a cup of water. luckily it didn't break

i thought women were programmed to know these things!!!! :jester:

If you care to experiment and provide feedback on how the steam washer effects them please do... as a matter of fact, if you'll take 1 waffle weave and 1 plush towel out of your collection as 'sacrifices' I'll replace them 2x for a quality writeup on the results. If they come out unscathed you get more towels, if they are ruined you get more towels... win win!

As Steam Washers become more common I'd imagine this will be an increasingly common question and without one of my own to test with it would be worth it to me to double your towels for the input.

Awesome! That's an experiment I cannot refuse! Looks like I'm tossing my wife's undies onto the floor and starting a load of microfiber towels! She should be going commando anyway, right? :2thumbs: