Customer Service 866.965.0400

Revive Machine Polishing Pad

Z71_Denali

Question

just a thought.... but what if there was a blue finishing pad for Revive Polish?!?

reasons why i think this could work:

• IIRC, Revive is a "cleaner" polish and will remove any polishing oils from previous steps
  • better alternative for people hesitant to use IPA before laying down sealant/glaze/wax
  • machine polishing much faster than hand polishing and is easier on the joints

...just a thought :pc:

8 answers to this question

right, but i think adding a blue pad specific to Revive polish gets rid of the confusion if people want to use it on the machine and don't know what pad they currently own is the right one to use, hence the color coding.

and it opens up the market for people to use Revive more than IPA as a pre-wax cleaner, since Adam's doesn't exactly sell its own formula of IPA...... OoOoOoOo another great idea on a Monday morning... Adam's IPA :loser:

Edited by 2010TexasEdition

Just so the answer is on this thread as well for those who don't want to jump to the other thread......

If you need some cut with it, use the white pad. If you're not looking for any cut, but want to gloss the paint up, use the gray pad. The product itself isn't going to do much, but the foams can.

Because Revive is actually a hand use product, adding a machine pad to the mix probably creates more confusion than it solves.

File the revive via machine technique under "things you learned that weren't on the DVD"

Plus it can be somewhat dual use

• Gray pad just for cleaning up the paint
  • White pad for actually doing some very minor correction

A blue pad isn't going to be able to solve both of those uses.

That being said Revive is still a great product and my choice for use after using the clay bar. It really helps clean and prep the paint for the future steps. I have not thought of applying it by machine since is easy to apply and remove by hand. But it is a great product and really makes the finish look great for the sealant, glaze and wax steps.