Customer Service 866.965.0400

wrinkles in leather seats

Blue04SSS

Question

12 answers to this question

i've never heard of a way. i find them just a way of life. with new leather i make sure to keep the conditioned monthly to reduce the chance of wrinkles, and i always make sure people are sitting properly. my wife likes to sit Indian style in the car so i'm always telling her to put her feet down :D

just keep it cleaned and conditioned to help prevent the marks. I have never heard of a way to get rid of them once they are in the leather. I condition my leather furniture with Adams leather and interior conditioner once a month to keep it soft and smooth.

Don't ever sit on them.

Honestly thats the only way... no matter the quality of leather or how well you care for it, the wrinkles are just a side effect of using them.

:lol: You're absolutely right! This is my fear with all the vehicles I've owned. Once those wrinkles start appearing I usually get rid of it. Plus I never really own any of my vehicles longer than 2-3 years.

My SS is slowly showing some wrinkles and I'm at 50k miles. But I don't think I'm ready to part with her just yet.

You can get a minor improvement by doing the following:

Apply a VERY (I mean silly thick) application of leather conditioner to the bolsters, massage it in by hand, let it sit for a few minutes then lightly knock down the excess with a dry foam app or towel.

Then move the truck into an area that will get sun for most of the day, leave the windows rolled up and let it bake. The heat will relax the leather a little bit and the wrinkles will be slightly less noticable.

Problem is a short time later the seats will go back to how they were.

No, worse... Totalled. Its my luck though. Happened the same way with my last car. I get in an accident thats not my fault. Get my car back from repairs, then have it totalled a week later and still not my fault. But since I avoided a deer in one accident and avoided a driver who fled. Both accidents are my fault this time. Yea. Well atleast I know to hit the deer and drunk driver now. Hahaha

You can get a minor improvement by doing the following:

Apply a VERY (I mean silly thick) application of leather conditioner to the bolsters, massage it in by hand, let it sit for a few minutes then lightly knock down the excess with a dry foam app or towel.

Then move the truck into an area that will get sun for most of the day, leave the windows rolled up and let it bake. The heat will relax the leather a little bit and the wrinkles will be slightly less noticable.

Problem is a short time later the seats will go back to how they were.

Thats what i figured. Thanks though

Edited by Blue04SSS