Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help on my vette paint

almecum

Question

16 answers to this question

That unfortunately could be the beginning of clear coat failure. Difficult to tell in pictures but it may also just be stubborn cloudiness. Try some Swirl & Haze Remover by hand to see if it clears it up.

Edited by GerryC

Thanks, I will give that a try.

I was going to do a full polish on the whole car. Clay bar, polish and wax. I will just focus on that spot a bit more. Its odd that its only on that section of the rear deck; the rest of the car is good just needs a polish.

If its the clear failing then I take it that it would have to be repainted to fix it.

when you try to polish it out, does color transfer to the pad? if so, you've got clear coat failure and i would stop immediately. no telling how thin the rest of the clear is in that case!

no big deal though, i'm no painting expert but couldn't you just have the entire car re-cleared?

Most everything did, but there are weird exceptions with certain colors... especially reds for some reason. There was a shade of blue that until like 5 years ago Toyota still painted single stage on a few models.

I know all red Mitsu EVO's from a few years back were single stage too... its weird and there doesn't seem to be any real pattern to it.

agree with all above... looks like failure/oxidation.

What year is the vette? Original paint or respray?

Word, did an area near by get painted? Sometimes when a painter blends into another panel to match, the area that was faded in will sometimes have the clear fade there.

Edit: Just seen pictures, I doubt what I mentioned is correct as the clear is going right on the corner.