Customer Service 866.965.0400

What was your best detail ever?

Team Adam's

Question

Just like the thread title states... whats the one detail you've done that your most proud of?

Was it maybe a cool or expensive sports car you got a chance to clean up?

Was it a really dramatic turn around on a beat up car?

Was it maybe your own car the time you decided to pull out all the stops?

Lets see em!

21 answers to this question

Heres mine... not because the subject was anything particularly special, but more for the transformation. It was easily the most difficult detail I ever took on both for what I was starting with and the weather over the 5 days... but I was really proud of the end result.

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/detailers-write-ups/12552.htm

Its funny I'd pick that one too given some of the uber cool cars I've been privileged enough to work on.

Its hard to pin it down to one category like that. I mean, most work/rewarding was Dad's F150. Favorite car has to be that 1936 Cord 810 Phaeton, or that Packard for the ACD Museum. Most hated...the wife's Mazda! Or maybe that 745 and it's jerk of a deck lid.

I just feel really blessed to be a part of all this and in a position to touch such greats both modern and Historical.

Mook

Too many to list for me.

My brothers 68 Firebird 400. Stands out ..It sat for 14 months in a cluttered garage that had dust a 1/4 thick on it. Soda that was stuck to it due to a couple of cans bursting in the winter months.

I will find some pics somewhere.

Hard to narrow it down, but I would say these two just due to the major turn around.

99 F150 Lightning

Before

Left half is done, right is obviously not.

IMG_20111104_180726.jpg

Bed completely done.

IMG_20111104_194749.jpg

Roof half and half

IMG_20111104_212035.jpg

IMG_20111103_174157.jpg

Swirls and Misc scratches

F150LightningDetail046.jpg

Half and half when working on the hood. F150LightningDetail014.jpg

After

Bed

F150LightningDetail025.jpg

F150LightningDetail024.jpg

F150LightningDetail026.jpg

F150LightningDetail028.jpg

F150LightningDetail029.jpg

F150LightningDetail033.jpg

F150LightningDetail030.jpg

F150LightningDetail032.jpg

Only pic I have of the rear. Hadn't done the final clean up so ignore the wax every where.

F150LightningDetail023.jpg

dammit my shadow got in the way.

F150LightningDetail031.jpg

Here's the before. All i've done to this point is wash it. Took tomorrow off to work on this. So I'll clay it first thing in the AM and start to buff it.

rx300detailbefore013.jpg

rx300detailbefore008.jpg

rx300detailbefore007.jpg

rx300detailbefore004.jpg

rx300detailbefore003.jpg

after wash

morebefore001.jpg

Roof looks much better. Used an acid wash that I use to remove water spots.

morebefore004.jpg

morebefore005.jpg

morebefore002.jpg

This hood is pretty rough. Looks like someone covered up a bunch of rock chips with touch up paint.

morebefore001.jpg

Before

rx300detailbefore013.jpg

After

Afterpics013.jpg

Afterpics016.jpg

Afterpics018.jpg

Afterpics017.jpg

Before

rx300detailbefore008.jpg

After

Afterpics020.jpg

Afterpics014.jpg

Afterpics024.jpg

Afterpics023.jpg

Afterpics021.jpg

Honestly, my wife's black 2004 Prius. It had about 5 years of neglected paint when we got it, and it polished out really well.

Now keeping it nice is another story, as it's black, and it's my wife's... :lolsmack:

IMGP1319.jpg

Edited by MarylandTDI

It was easily the most difficult detail I ever took on both for what I was starting with and the weather over the 5 days... but I was really proud of the end result.

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/detailers-write-ups/12552.htm

I went and revisited this one again and it's taking me almost as long to view as it did for you to complete it Dylan. It's one heck of a write up with so many great pictures detailing each process.

I started last night viewing, then took a break and had dinner. Went back and viewed a little more then headed outside to begin working on mine. Woke up this morning and went thru the rest of it. I'm exhausted :D

Seeing as how I haven't done a full correction on anyone else's car (polish only) but mine. I'll have to say my car.

I still get compliments on it when I haven't washed it for a week or two about how shiny it is. Then I tell them I am embarrassed it is so dirty and they give me the strangest looks.

Gotta love that Brilliant Black Pearl!

Seeing as how I haven't done a full correction on anyone else's car (polish only) but mine. I'll have to say my car.

I still get compliments on it when I haven't washed it for a week or two about how shiny it is. Then I tell them I am embarrassed it is so dirty and they give me the strangest looks.

Gotta love that Brilliant Black Pearl!

I have the same issue... People always think it looks nice and shiny; all I can see is the 3 days worth of dust that's already accumulated on it! :willy::willy: :help::help:

I have the same issue... People always think it looks nice and shiny; all I can see is the 3 days worth of dust that's already accumulated on it! :willy::willy: :help::help:

One of our company's vendors was drooling over the "mint" G8 in the parking lot his afternoon. I thanked him but all I could see is the same 3+ days of dust and corn pollen.:help:

As to Dylan's post my best detail ever has to be my neighbor's Black Highlander. I thought I had it easy after washing it on a cloudy day but the spot lights in the garage showed the true swirled up mess I had to fix. I had pad failures (not Adam's pads) and was forced to do correction with white pads. I was very pleased with the outcome but nowhere near as happy as my neighbor. She cried and told me she didn't want to drive it because it was "perfect!"

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/detailers-write-ups/8625.htm

Before:

BrendasHighlanderdetail9-22-10051Largee-mailview.jpg

After:

BrendasHighlanderdetail9-22-10073Largee-mailview.jpg