Customer Service 866.965.0400

Time For New Brushes?

Kingsford

Question

Alright, I know there always comes a time and place when stuff needs to be replaced... Pads, Towels, Wash Mits... Everything.

I know when to stop using all of those things though. However, how can you tell its time for new brushes? I'm fairly certain I know but I just want to be sure.

My BHB is no where near as soft was it used to be. The tips are kind of getting prickly. My Fender Brush, well its just a mess... Discolored from 3 years of use, bristles' are starting to get ratty and feel strange around the edges.

Alright... Time to sit back and wait for Dylan, Mods, and probably Ryan. :lolsmack:

11 answers to this question

The fender brush I will use as long as it has bristles on it. I'm not worried about swirling my undercarriage or my sidewalls.

As for the boar's hair brush... no idea. I know mine is started to become slightly discolored, but it's still soft as baby poop.

The fender brush you can replace if you see the need, but honestly like Matt pointed out - since its used on tires and fender liners it doesn't matter much. The only times I've replaced mine have been when it got really 'gummy' from cleaning a product off of some tires for someone. The fibers were sticking together and I tried cleaning with hot water and APC multiple times, but it was done for.

The Boars Hair Brush shouldn't get any less soft if its cared for properly... if anything the hairs should actually start to split and flock over time making it actually feel softer. You should replace it when you notice the hairs are breaking or falling out, which happens eventually, but it takes YEARS before thats ever an issue.

The Boars Hair Brush shouldn't get any less soft if its cared for properly... if anything the hairs should actually start to split and flock over time making it actually feel softer. You should replace it when you notice the hairs are breaking or falling out, which happens eventually, but it takes YEARS before thats ever an issue.

Sounds good! Maybe I'll shower with the BHB again, like when I first got it and it smelled bad, and condition it a little and then hit it with some APC.

I clean mine after each use by placing the FB on the ground, spraying the wet FB and BHB with APC, standing on the FB handle just brush the BH over the FB tell clean and rinse. Cleans the Bh right up and the FB. Both going on 3-4 yrs ??? now and seem to be holding up fine. I use the same BH for wheels and engine bays and seems to be fine.