Customer Service 866.965.0400

Finally

Blazer15

So tomorrow I finally get to take a crack at my new PC! I'm only planning on correcting the hood and roof, but who knows!

I was able to talk my buddy into using his garage, so I'll have some shade

Very excited and nervous at the same time.

I'll post pics tomorrow.

These are before

a693781b-70db-c1fe.jpg

a693781b-70f7-a967.jpg

Make sure you do your "test patch" outside in the sun unless you have some really bright lights in your friend's garage. I made this mistake on my first paint correction; Did it in the shade and it looked fantastic. Then the next day I saw it in the sun and I was disappointed...

Took the best pictures I could with my phone.

a6937818-e8fc-9214.jpga6937818-e912-d61d.jpga6937818-e927-8ce3.jpg

These were in the sun, too bright for good pics.

a6937818-e954-5b49.jpg

a6937818-e970-2d83.jpg

I think it came out ok for my first time. Definitely not perfect though.

Tell me what you think. :)

I did have a question though. While I was correcting the paint, I noticed the paint looked bumpy. Not sure how to describe it exactly, it's keeping me from getting the perfect mirror finish.

Does anyone else have paint like that, or is it a GTO thing? Is there a way to correct it?

I did have a question though. While I was correcting the paint, I noticed the paint looked bumpy. Not sure how to describe it exactly, it's keeping me from getting the perfect mirror finish.

Does anyone else have paint like that, or is it a GTO thing? Is there a way to correct it?

Looks really good!! :2thumbs:

That "bumpy" look is what is referred to as "orange peel". It is the result of spray application of the paint/clear. It is normal but will vary from car model to car model depending on the equipment and product being used.

:cheers:

That "bumpy" look is what is referred to as "orange peel". It is the result of spray application of the paint/clear. It is normal but will vary from car model to car model depending on the equipment and product being used.

Oh, that's what orange peel is. I've heard of it but never really knew. I've got it bad then. :(

Oh, that's what orange peel is. I've heard of it but never really knew. I've got it bad then. :(

Yep there is not a GM car on the road without orange peel, and it is extremly noticable on a black Car

Would wet sanding take care of the orange peel?

I have read online that you can, but that would mean you would have to wet sand your entire car