Customer Service 866.965.0400

HELP! Finished SSHR & now its pouring

PirateGoat

Question

HELP!

I just finished with severe Swirl & Haze Remover, and now its about to come down hard. I do not have a garage, and dont feel comfortable leaving the pop up tent up in this storm.

What do I need to do once it finishes raining?

Here is a screen shot of what is about to roll through, the cross hair(right next to the 199 sign) is on my house

15865120_large.jpg?v=1

Edited by PirateGoat

8 answers to this question

You should be ABSOLUTELY FINE to do a waterless wash (provided the car just sits there), post-storm, and then pick back up where you left off. Obviously you would check the surface to make sure there's no debris from the storm settled on the paint!! But if it's JUST WATER you should be fine no problem. Blowing it off with a sidekick or leaf blower would help too. The only reason I see you having to "rewash" would be debris or if you drive the car. :)

Edited by Chase@Adams

Yea, you should be fine to do a waterless wipedown. but like said before if there is debris and other stuff too much for just a wipedown you should do a two bucket and wash the vehicle and dry it again before continuing. then just pick up where you left off

Thanks guys, there is debris on the car, its parked under trees. I can be home for 5 mins and walk outside and there is stuff all over the car. I might be done for the day, I really wish I had a garage.

I guess I will wash it when I can get back out there, if its today or tomorrow morning.

Remember it is a polish, not a sealant, so there is no 'cure' time to worry about.

Yea, I was more worried about how much of the process it screwed up. Also I hadn't wiped it off yet, but I went outside before it came down hard and wiped most of it off.

It has rained off and on all afternoon now. I will start back in the morning, with a wash 2 passes of SHR, 1 or 2 passes of Fine Machine Polish, then quick sealant, topped with Americana.:pc:

ahh, that was the storm that rolled through while we were on the beach with family in Yorktown, dragged my Jet Ski all the way down from jersey to play around in the river and got rained out :mad:

Personally i would do another 2bucket wash, never know what the rain is going to drop.

Personally i would do another 2bucket wash, never know what the rain is going to drop.

:iagree:

Where I live, 9 times out of 10 the rain will come with very fine sand. I think it's desert sand that goes around in the atmosphere. Anyway, when in doubt, 2-bucket-wash > waterless wash