Customer Service 866.965.0400

Carbon Fiber vinyl, is VRT my best option?

travis110109

Question

6 answers to this question

First off, Welcome Alex!

SVRT will work fine, but I believe QS may give you longer protection. It is optically clear, so it should look fine. I have not actually tested this on vinyl, so hopefully others will provide their experiences.

IMO I'm not sure if I would use SVRT on carbon fiber vinyl. Especially on the entire roof. I feel QS would be the better option to protect it. Here is some details I found on how to care for CF vinyl.

Carbon fiber film maintenance is a simple task, as well. The wrapping will behave just like the rest of the car. You can clean it from stains with water and a mild detergent. Use a sponge or a piece of fabric to rub against more stubborn stains.

Refrain from using abrasive cleaning materials because they can affect the finish and scratch the carbon fiber vinyl. Very strong chemicals designed for major stains should also be avoided.

Pressurized car cleaning is another procedure to avoid. The pressure may cause the edges of the vinyl to lift and you will have to replace the carbon fiber stickers. Gentle washing is everything that you need to keep your vehicle in top condition.

It is ok to wax your car. You can use some specific products designed by 3M and compatible with carbon fiber vinyl.

Are you using 3M vinyl? If so are you using automotive vinyl or DiNoc Architectural vinyl? I ask because the DiNoc has more texture.

I use SVRT and In and Out Spray on mine. I have the 3M DiNOC inside and outside or my car.