Customer Service 866.965.0400

What product to boat seats?

First off, Welcome Tim!

Leather Conditioner has a higher SPF (65) than SVRT (SPF 35), so I would way LC. I am sure others that have used them on water toys will chime in too.

It is an open top boat. I believe the seats are vinyl. The seats will get a lot of sun and water with people getting in and out of the water. I was thinking VRT but wondered if it would be coming off with people sitting on the seats.

Both VRT and LC are dry to the touch after applying, so there is no worry about it coming off when someone sits down. It will, however, like everything, wear away over time and you'll eventually need to apply more.

VRT has a lower SPF but is water repellant. LC has a higher SPF but isn't water repellant. Either will work just as good, it's just a matter of which feature you'd need more.

• 4 months later...

SVRT will work.....however, I would look into something that's geared toward boats. It'll likely last longer and be more effective in that environment.

With that being said I use quick sealant on my jet skis every time I use them after I take em outta the water and wash em down. Also use SVRT on seats and trim. I only do that cause I already have it around. It doesn't last very long. Maybe 1-2 outtings.