Customer Service 866.965.0400

VRT on interior

xlr8rvette

Question

21 answers to this question

I was told to use the SVRT on my interior....

This is straight from the site....

How do you make the industries best trim and tire dressing even better? You eliminate its only weakness by making it water repellent! This amazing new product will amaze you each time you use it.

That's right!! We've taken our extremely popular Vinyl, Rubber, and Tire dressing and eliminated the only complaint any of our customers ever had about it. Now instead of Adam's VRT Tire Trim Dressing washing away with the rain or coming off each time you clean your car the NEW Adam's Super VRT Tire & Trim Dressing actually BEADS AND REPELS WATER!!

Advances in polymer technology allowed us to keep the same amazing water based, low gloss, formula and make it water proof. The special additive allows the product to stand up to multiple washings, hundreds of miles of rain driving, and it even reduces surface tensions so much that water will literally roll right off of your trim and tires.

Sound too good to be true? Check out our latest video to see this amazing new product in action.

Contents: Adam's Super VRT Tire & Trim Dressing 16 oz

NOTE: Adam's Super VRT Tire & Trim Dressing is for exterior use. For interior leather, vinyl and plastic use Adam's Leather & Interior Conditioner.

I was told to use the SVRT on my interior....

It's a matter of opinion. There's no harm on using it on the interior. The only reason you shouldn't is because of the glare is can cause. But if you knock it down with a wipe down or just use it on the door panels, no harm no foul.

I use it on my interior on certain areas like the door panels for water repellant. But like stated the glare is worse than LC so i use that everywhere else, plus the spf is higher in the lc so it will protect the dash and other areas from fading better than svrt

Adam strongly discourages use of SVRT on interiors.

I believe in version 6 of the videos, he states that he doesn't use the VRT because it has more shine than he likes for the interior of his vehicles.

I use SVRT on the upper half of the door panels, but that's it since that's the only spot water hits if it's raining and you roll the window down.

Yes, it's NOT because it will harm the interior surfaces, it's because it's shinier... As stated above, I use it on the doors because I drive mine in all sorts of weather and don't want to see the runs of the LC or original VRT. I did it before SVRT was out and my doors looked like a hooker stuck out in a rain storm.

Chris

Like most everyone said, and to reinforce what Mook stated, SVRT can be used on interior peices. However, it is not as effective as Leather Conditioner. SVRT is shinoer that the Leather Conditioner. Leather Conditioner is designed to protect, enhance, and revitilize your interior panels and leather, reintroducing vital moisture and protecting it from the sun. SVRT has SPF 35, where the Leather Conditioner is SPF 65, making it a much better choice for the interior, where the glass can amplify the harmful effects of the sun. Leather Conditioner is also perfect for convertibles and motorcycles.

If you chose to use SVRT on the interior for its water-repellent (not water-proofing) properties that is fine. Use it on your lower door panels and on your Weathertech floor mats in the winter time. Be careful and let it dry a bit longer than ussual as it can be a little slick right after you first put it on. Tack it down with a Microfiber Utility towel after applying. Avoid using it on your pedals. Also if you use SVRT on the dash have polorized sunglasses as it will reflect...a lot. (This is why I don't use it on the interior.)

I use SVRT on my doors because if I roll down the window at a drive through in the rain, get out of my car in the rain, stupidly leave the windows down in the rain, etc, the water beads off really well. LC tends to leave streaks when it gets wet, in my experience.