Customer Service 866.965.0400

MSW over Americana

093LZ

Question

I was going to a car show and applied a two coats of americana because my pc pads were not dry for me to apply MSW. I know physically I can apply MSW over americana, but would there be an ill effects visually? Should I wait a couple of months or washes for the americana to wear off before MSW?

8 answers to this question

MSW goes on before Americana not after :2thumbs:

MSW is a sealant so it needs to bond to paint, it will not bond to Americana. You could always spruce up the finish with some BG if needed.

The Machine Super Sealant NEEDS TO BE APPLIED to bare paint!!!! Technically, can it be applied OVER Americana..........? Yes. And you can drive your car with your feet, but that doesn't make it a good idea, lol. :) Sealants are different from waxes, they're not meant to go "over" or "layer" anything. Sealants are manufactured to be applied to BARE paint. Follow me?

So either wait til your Americana wears off, or do an alcohol wipedown, and then apply the sealant. THEN top off with Americana. Sound good? :)

Edit - Bill is the man, lol.....

Yeah just wait it out...at this point, probably a good couple months!

Great advice gIven here.

Sealants bond to clear coat/paint/surface directly. Waxes surf them. Sealants are harder, waxes are taller. My personal preference is QS/BG/APW.

Mook