Customer Service 866.965.0400

Fine scratches

Ebster

Question

I am new to the buffing world. I used the three steps of green, orange, white polish with my new flex machine, which I love by the way. After putting on a coat of carnauba. When I tried to remove it, a fair amount of down pressure was needed. I used a double soft towl, brand new, but saw a few small scratches were I had to use pressure. I went over the area again with the white polish, and seems to make them go away. Should I be using the sealer? Was the day to humid? (it was humid, here in Md.) Any help would be appreciated.

10 answers to this question

Welcome and you will find plenty of help here.

I few more questions will surely come your way to help understand "exactly" your issue.

How long did you wait before trying to remove the wax? You possibly waited to long and if it was applied a bit heavy combined with to long wait time....it becomes very difficult to remove.

Adam's Carnauba was the wax. I put it on the whole truck, and then started to wipe it off. It was in the upper 80's with humidity. It was pretty hard to get off., so I was pushing down fairly hard. I don't think they would show up on a picture as they are very fine.

Edited by Ebster

Adam's Carnauba was the wax. I put it on the whole truck, and then started to wipe it off. It was in the upper 80's with humidity. It was pretty hard to get off., so I was pushing down fairly hard. I don't think they would show up on a picture as they are very fine.

Next time just do a panel at a time, apply then wipe off.......

:iagree:

Try both suggestions:

1) Apply it thinner (less is more). If too heavy it can be difficult to remove.

2) Apply to one panel, as soon as it hazes, wipe off. If you wait too long it is more difficult.

:cheers:

Americana will give you protection however if this is your daily driver I would definitely recommend using MSS or QS. Then if you want after the sealant had properly cured you can throw some APW on there for some added protection with some extra shine. :2thumbs:

Just as a tip, try to use as little pressure as possible when removing polish or wax. Sometimes the Adam's towels will give you a feeling of false security. You think they can do no harm because of how amazingly soft they are, but with enough pressure anything is possible. Pressing to hard while removing product will almost positively introduce the "fine scratches" you are talking about, at least from my experience.