Customer Service 866.965.0400

A Pillars plasti dipped

StormChaser

Brandi, I think everyone didn't know what they were looking at because Twilight wasn't on in the background! :D

THAT was the line of the week, and it's only Wednesday.

How hard are these to remove? JD_SS won't answer this for me in GChat.

Mook, Just PM'd you.

I don't think they are hard to remove at all. I've seen a few posts recenlty on TBSSOwners with lots of pictures of the complete job. It looks awesome with all of the pillars done. The final results really make a HUGE difference throughout the entire interior.

Edited by JBlack151

THAT was the line of the week, and it's only Wednesday.

How hard are these to remove? JD_SS won't answer this for me in GChat.

SUPER easy. Pop the plastic circle cover off to reveal a Phillips head screw. Remove that carefully and then slowly work your way down towards the front of the pillar. There is only 1 clip that is holding it on about 2/3rds of the way towards the windshield. It looks like there is an airbag there and I didn't want to accidentally hit it so that's where our good friend Alex came in. Plus I didn't want to mess up her ride. :lolsmack:

I think I'll do all four pillars tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'll use PD or that Duplicolor stuff.

Thanks for the idear!

I want to do all the rest of the interior ....but that's a lot to do alone. I'd like to hear if it's easy to take the pillars off around the airbag.

X2! If it is then I'm sure I know what the next project will be! :P Wonder how difficult it is to remove the rear pillar portion as well. Hmm...

X2! If it is then I'm sure I know what the next project will be! :P Wonder how difficult it is to remove the rear pillar portion as well. Hmm...

I'm keeping an eye on this thread over on the TBSS forum. There is mention of him doing the rear panel on the lift gate once his truck comes out of the shop. I want to know how easy it is to remove.

http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/sho...ght=plasti+dip

I just tried clicking on that link and it was a bad one. I'll see if I can dig it up over there.

Hmm, sorry about that. Just search plasti dip. I think the thread was started in late June or early July this year. I'm sure there are lot's of other threads too that may have some details.