Customer Service 866.965.0400

Half moon shapes

jpu471

Question

Morning, first, lets pretend this is the radio as what I am going to describe isn't coming up on the pictures. I Flex'd my hood with S&H then FMP looked good. Wiped down with DS Waxed with Americana. When I put the car in the sun there were little half moon swirls in the shape of when we apply wax. DS did not take them away. Could this have been the Flex. After the sun goes down I suppose I will wipe down with IPA. Any thoughts?

Thanks

5 answers to this question

Is it sort of like a pig tail pattern? I have seen what you're describing and it was on my dad's car that had been repainted, wetsanded, and buffed with a rotary buffer. The first thing that came to my mind was that a piece of debris was on the pad and scratched the paint when he was buffing. I also thought it was something I had caused, but I saw the same thing on other parts of the car before I even touched it.

Anthony is probably right... a slightly overshot work time on FMP will sometimes give you this. The only other scenario I see it is underworked SSR where the abrasives were still fairly large when the polisher stopped.

Another FMP pass, with reduced speed (bump the # back 1 from what you were using) and a slightly shortened work time will fix it.

The tendency is to work FMP like you do SHR or SSR, but the reality is the 'open' time on the FMP is very short compared to the others so by doing that it usually gets over-worked.

Do they appear to be in the surface or on top of the surface? Since you said they are in the shape of how you applied the wax, it is possible what you are seeing is Americana residue that you did not fully remove.