Customer Service 866.965.0400

X-hose, who has one?

ForceofWill

Question

Has anyone tried one of those new X Hoses? The hose I currently have is a piece of crap regular one, always kinking and stuff. I saw the commercial for this thing and did a little research. It looks pretty legit, I just ordered 2 50' ones from them. I don't know what kind of one man operation they got going on but they said allow 2-6 WEEKS just for PROCESSING then they'll ship it out.

Does anyone here already have one? The engineers at Adam's should have come up with this first!

20 answers to this question

i would cancel the order and get a refund. i don't trust any of those "As Seen on TV" products and its most likely not made in the USA.

i've got a Gilmour Flexogen hose available at most hardware stores. its a no-kink hose and made in the USA! others on the site also favor the Goodyear hoses which are also made in USA.

i looked at that and found that it had some extreme negative reviews, one of the biggest complaint is that it leaks and when there isnt any pressure against the hose like when you have a trigger on a nozzle pressed it tries to shrink back and always has a pull against it.

Cancel the order!

Bleh, guess it's a cool concept but poorly put together with crap parts. Oh well, guess It's getting cancelled and I'll have to get a goodyear one. Thanks guys.

Home Depot i know carries the 50' goodyear hose in black. both HD and Lowe's carry the Gilmour

i would cancel the order and get a refund. i don't trust any of those "As Seen on TV" products and its most likely not made in the USA.

i've got a Gilmour Flexogen hose available at most hardware stores. its a no-kink hose and made in the USA! others on the site also favor the Goodyear hoses which are also made in USA.

I have a Gilmour Flexogen, made in the USA, that I bought because it says "kink resistant" but it kinks all the time. I wouldn't buy one again.

I have a Gilmour Flexogen, made in the USA, that I bought because it says "kink resistant" but it kinks all the time. I wouldn't buy one again.

what color is yours?

i have the grey one, it'll kink sometimes but water still flows when it does. they probably should've labelled it kink-resistant :loser:

Mine's black, and it is labeled "kink resistant" not kink proof, so I guess they aren't technically lying. However they did a pretty poor job of making it resistant in my opinion.

I really like the concept of the X-Hose, but I too saw the poor reviews. I like that I can get a 75' hose and store it in a small area. I'd use it around the house, not for washing cars. I have a quality USA made no kink hose for that job.

Does anyone have any experience with those light-duty hoses that coil themselves up (like the one below)? I'd think something like this would be good on a patio or boat. I want to try one but I'm hesitant to drop $20 on one if it's going to disappoint.

2668648.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with those light-duty hoses that coil themselves up (like the one below)? I'd think something like this would be good on a patio or boat. I want to try one but I'm hesitant to drop $20 on one if it's going to disappoint.

2668648.jpg

They constantly pull on you and if you drop it, it flys back home... Plus flow is POOR! It's too tiny to flow much. IMO it's good for watering plants or something. Not much more. :o

I had one a while back. It was good for the first couple months then it began to coil on it's own crazy weird way.

They constantly pull on you and if you drop it, it flys back home... Plus flow is POOR! It's too tiny to flow much. IMO it's good for watering plants or something. Not much more. :o

Cool, thanks for the perspectives. :rockon: