Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Z photoshoot

randyfox

Hey all, just wanted to show some recent pictures I took of the Z. I am really trying to hone my skills, so if any of the resident photogs here would like to give their input I am all ears.

Camera is a Canon T3, lenses were the 18-55mm "kit lens" and a 55-250mm. A circular polarizer filter was used as well. Other than that, the photos are as they were shot. No post-processing. Check out a couple of my favorites.

004-3.jpg

011-2.jpg

012-3.jpg

021-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Shots came out real good. Love those wheels with that color.

I don't know much about anything when it comes to cameras. My wife has both a Canon and Nikon. I just grab whatever one is charged and just press one button to take the photo. I should have her teach me more though.

Have fun with yours!

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with how some of them turned out. The biggest change for me in my car photography was using a tripod. That forced me to slow down and really set up my shots and camera settings. I still have a lot of room for growth though.

Nice looking car and I, too like those wheels with that body color.

Photo-wise, I think the top photo is the best. The framing of the containers was a good choice. Especially with the brownish one on the left an opposing color on the right. Your camera is just slightly not level throwing off your horizontal lines just a tad however your focus and depth of field are nice.

When you start to get away from the kit lens, maybe take a look at the 50mm ("nifty fifty"). Especially if you are going to take a lot of still shots. You don't have to get the 50mm L lens but of the other two Nikon 50s, one has a lower f-stop than the other and that is the one you want. Crazy depth of field with that lens!

Overall, I think all your shots look good and, IMO, you have a good eye for composition.

Some good shots with some room for improvement :

Top shot the seam line is distracting and leads the eye away from thr car. Second shot the perspective lines lead the eye out if the picture. Last two shots would be see improvement eith use of DOF to separate car from background...

Good effort!!

Edited by gencoupe3dot8

Nice looking car and I, too like those wheels with that body color.

Photo-wise, I think the top photo is the best. The framing of the containers was a good choice. Especially with the brownish one on the left an opposing color on the right. Your camera is just slightly not level throwing off your horizontal lines just a tad however your focus and depth of field are nice.

When you start to get away from the kit lens, maybe take a look at the 50mm ("nifty fifty"). Especially if you are going to take a lot of still shots. You don't have to get the 50mm L lens but of the other two Nikon 50s, one has a lower f-stop than the other and that is the one you want. Crazy depth of field with that lens!

Overall, I think all your shots look good and, IMO, you have a good eye for composition.

Thanks! I had the wrong tripod with me that day. I had an old P&S tripod for the sake of quick shots. Somewhat fouled up a couple of my shots. I have thought about getting a fixed lens like a 50mm eventually. The lower f-stop for the improved DoF would be unreal!

Randyfox, I know nothing about fancy cameras, but those are nice shots.

Thanks Mook!

Very nice. Yout have the best color Z

Thanks, I love it!

Some good shots with some room for improvement :

Top shot the seam line is distracting and leads the eye away from thr car. Second shot the perspective lines lead the eye out if the picture. Last two shots would be see improvement eith use of DOF to separate car from background...

Good effort!!

Thanks. I considered that and went ahead shooting it anyways! Perhaps backing the car up for the second shot would of helped? The last two could of been better with a little more DoF for sure.

:thumbsup: