Customer Service 866.965.0400

Paint correction questions

Noremac

Question

So, i ordered a pc polisher, that will be here tomorrow. I own an srt magnum, and for those of you who dont know, they are very blocky, and have a few questions pertaining to this..

The bumper needs some serious help, and was wondering if the full size pads would be ok to correct this area, or should i invest in the 4" focus pads?

Also, how do you correct the paint around emblems? Say like the "silverado" badge on the back of a pickup. How do you get into the crevaces along the top and bottom of the letters?

4 answers to this question

1. Most of us mask off all the badges and cracks with Detailer's Tape.

Adam's Professional Detailer's Masking Tape

That will allow you to get right up to the edge.

2. The 4" Pads are always nice to have around. If you can't get the 7" pad in the area you are working on, and keep it flat...then simply attach the 4" Backing Plate to your PC and NEVER operate it with the 4" over speed 4.

Adam's FOCUS 4" Complete Polishing Pad Kit for Porter Cable Polishers

:D

Mook

I can get to most of my bumper's surface with the standard size pads on the PC or Flex. For the tough to reach areas I'll either use the Orange Hex Grip pad with SHR followed up with the Blue Hex Grip pad with Revive Polish. If there are some marks that need more attention the 4" focus pads on the PC work well. The emblems on this car I can stay away from and they don't have any sharp edges so I've never taped them off.

car5resize_2.jpg

car2resize_2.jpg

Edited by BRZN

Remember, a PC doesn't have a forced rotation to it so when you come to an object like a badge, the rotation that's there will normally stop. If you had a Flex which has forced rotation, you would want to be more careful.

Honestly, tape off the logo and have at it. Better yet... de-badge your vehicle and BAM! No issues!!

4" focus pads are the BOMB!!! :drool:

Chris