Customer Service 866.965.0400

2600 or 3100 PSI

teamcrossworks

Question

I'm in the process of shopping pressure washers and think I've narrowed it down to the Simpson Megashot 2600 or 3100.

I'm sure I'll use it for many things but primarily I want it to enhance my car washing experience...is the 3100 too much? The price difference is minimal.

12 answers to this question

whats the flow rate? when shopping for this type of equipment, its good to know the flow rate as well. 3100 isn't too much, because thats the MAX pressure using a certain nozzle they provide. does it come with several nozzles/wands?

GPM is the key to buying a PW along with the brand of pump. Cat pumps are reliable and can be easily rebuilt when they fail. The brand you are looking at is considered "consumer" grade and will work well for the occasional use, "IF" you have a 3 cars and a house and want to wash the siding along with the patio I highly suggest stepping up to a "proconsumer" grade of PW..... these machines have Honda motors and Cat pumps they also hover around the $825 price and will last a lifetime if you take care of it.

Thanks Charlie for the info. I do have 3 cars and a house...how did you know? LOL

I chose these models because they do have the Honda engines though not the cat pump you mentioned. Unfortunately, $8xx is out of my price range. The cost of these are $337 & $389, I feel very priced right and with all the Adam's product I've been buying is all I can afford. So, 2600 or 3100?

We just got a new DeWalt at the Warehouse. IIRC, it's a 3,000, and it's a beast. Holy cow.

Should I conclude then...Like the fairy tale goes...

"This porridge is too hot!" 3000psi

"This porridge is too cold!" 1400psi

"This porridge is just right!" 2600psi

???

Just an update:

I have no money (I'm thinking of somehow claiming Adam on this year's tax return) so I've been keeping my eyes open on craig's list for a power washer as a alternative for buying new.

I found a Craftsman 2600 PSI 2.4 gpm in very good shape other than a leaking pump...for $50 bucks. Just finished ordering a bunch of parts including the foam cannon and a new pump. I'm figuring for under $200 I'll be all set.

Pictures to follow...

For anything car wash related going beyond 1400 psi is overkill honestly... you can run a foam cannon, its got the power to blast clean anything that needs it. You start getting into the 3000psi range your paying for power you'll never use for car washing.

Now... if you plan to use it around the house for cleaning decks, fences, driveways, etc... sure... go for it.