Customer Service 866.965.0400

(Another) Mercedes S550 Detail

JBlack151

Mercedes S550 Detail

As the title says, I was up against another S550 this past weekend. Unfortunately this one wasn't as easy of a job as the first MB S550 I did a few months back. The owner definitely "uses" this car. It's a 2010 with over 85,000 miles and was in bad shape. There was asphalt & tar all over the lower half of the paint. The barrels of the wheels were as black as night. The interior was covered in a gray dust that I could not figure out what it was from. It almost seemed like ashes from a volcano or an hern. It's was really stange and I did not want to ask. So I just cleaned, scrubbed, and cleaned some more to get it all out of the interior.

I couldn't get real good shots of the condition of the paint because of the white and the lack of sun available. But I had some work against me on this one. The overall process on the paint was to clay the entire car twice to make sure I got everything off. Then work with SSR, SHR, FMP, WW, QS, BG, AW. As always these German clear coats provide some touch stuff, however it was no match for the Flex and Adam's Polishes to get corrected.

I'll start off with some before shots and some action/during shots followed by the after shots. And from there I was so tired I deserved a cold brew and a tequila shot! :D

So as usual here is a list of the Adam's products used. Unfortunately I had to resort to some "other" products to work the grime and build up on the wheels that was assisted with some APC though. Otherwise everything else was Adam's!

-Adam's Commercial Grade Car Wash Hose

-Adam’s Ultimate Fire Hose Car Wash Nozzle

-Adam’s All Purpose Cleaner

-Adam’s Fender & Tire Brush

-Adam's Wheel Woolies

-Adam’s Green Wheel Cleaner

-Adam’s Boulder Blond Boars Hair Wheel Brush

-Adam’s Car Wash Shampoo (With All Purpose Cleaner Strip Wash)

-Adam’s Double Car Wash Grit Guard Bucket Kit & Caddy

-Adam’s Ultimate Merino Wool Car Wash Mitt

-Adam's Lugnut Brush

-Adam’s Great White Microfiber Drying Towels

-Adam’s Blaster Sidekick Dryer by MetroVac

-Adam’s Waterless Wash

-Adam’s Waterless Wash Waffle Towels

-Adam’s Invisible Undercarriage Spray Dressing

-Adam’s Super VRT Tire & Trim Dressing

-Adam’s Hex-Grip Pro Tire Dressing Applicator

-Adam’s Edgeless Microfiber Utility Towels

-Adam’s VRT Super Block Dressing Applicators

-Adam’s In & Out Spray

-Adam’s Detailing Clay Bar

-Adam’s Detail Spray

-Adam’s Professional Detailers Masking Tape

-Adam’s Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner

-Adam’s Carpet Cleaning Brush

-Adam's Leather & Interior Cleaner

-Adam's Leather & Interior Cleaning Brush

-Adam’s Glass Cleaner

-Adam’s Glass Cleaning Towels

-Adam’s American Pride Heavy Duty Detailers 50’ Extension Cord

-Flex XC 3401 VRG Polisher

-Adam's Severe Swirl Remover & Green Polishing Pad

-Adam’s Swirl & Haze Remover Polish & Orange Polishing Pad

-Adam’s Fine Machine Polish & White Polishing Pad

-Adam’s Brilliant Glaze

-Adam’s Americana Premium Wax & Glaze Applicators

-Adam's Americana Premium Carnauba Paste Wax

-Adam's Single Soft Towels

-Adam's Double Soft Towels

-Adam’s Pro Detailers Cart

-Adam’s Rolling Detail Seat

BEFORE SHOTS

DSC_0454.jpg

DSC_0455.jpg

DSC_0456.jpg

DSC_0457.jpg

DSC_0458.jpg

DSC_0459.jpg

DSC_0460.jpg

DSC_0461.jpg

DSC_0462.jpg

DSC_0463.jpg

DSC_0464.jpg

DSC_0465.jpg

ACTION SHOTS!

DSC_0467.jpg

DSC_0470.jpg

DSC_0471.jpg

DSC_0472.jpg

AFTER SHOTS

DSC_0473.jpg

DSC_0474.jpg

DSC_0475.jpg

DSC_0477.jpg

DSC_0478.jpg

DSC_0479.jpg

DSC_0480.jpg

DSC_0481.jpg

DSC_0482.jpg

DSC_0483.jpg

DSC_0484.jpg

DSC_0485.jpg

DSC_0486.jpg

DSC_0487.jpg

DSC_0488.jpg

DSC_0489.jpg

DSC_0490.jpg

DSC_0491.jpg

DSC_0492.jpg

DSC_0494.jpg

DSC_0498.jpg

DSC_0499.jpg

DSC_0497.jpg

DSC_0501.jpg

DSC_0496.jpg

DSC_0500.jpg

As always, thank you to Adam's Polishes and all the crew for providing the best products in the industry! :thumbsup:

Great Write-Up John!

If anyone has questions about the product Not-Adam's in the picture, just PM Mr. John here and he can answer your questions. I can SAY however, we ARE working on developing a nice, and well, better product for your wheel cleaning pleasure.

Mook

Great Write-Up John!

If anyone has questions about the product Not-Adam's in the picture, just PM Mr. John here and he can answer your questions. I can SAY however, we ARE working on developing a nice, and well, better product for your wheel cleaning pleasure.

Mook

Interesting. I haven't found anything that GWC or APC can't handle, but then again I don't let mine get too bad. And improvement is always welcome!:thumbsup:

Great Write-Up John!

Mook

YES!!! I've been using the "other" guys on german cars lately. Have a merc SUV I'm doing this weekend and will most likely have to resort to that stuff again. Excited to see what Adams can do!

Great Write-Up John!

Mook

Can't wait. Is this new stuff in testing stages? I'm running out of my non-Adam's product and would rather wait and get new Adam's wheel cleaner.

That 550 looks like it belongs in your garage. I am so jealous of some of you guys work area. I cant wait to have a garage lol.

I don't have a garage either brotha! I do all my work mobile. Hopefully very soon though.