Customer Service 866.965.0400

What Did You Wash, Shine, and or Polish Today

Holder

Last Friday I made the 4 hour round trip to my Dad's house, and began with a Rinseless wash on his CRV.  I had my brother following me around the car with Revive and a MF towel to remove parking lot "rubs", then I applied Paint Sealant, and VRT to the black trim.  After a lunch with a family friend we started on my brother's Escape.  It had limb scrapes on the drivers side, so after I quick Rinseless work over (wash panel, spray with clay lube, wipe down with clay towel, dry with the Adam's fluffy waffle weave towels, spray with Coating prep to remove any leftover LSP, and dry) of those panels, I showed him how to polish the panels.  It was his first time, so he got start the same way I did - with a Porter Cable!  The orange pads and Correcting Polish allowed us to 'one step' the paint, but as it was soooo hot we had to shrink the sections down to 18" x 18".  I continued washing and sealing the rest of the CUV, and hit the piano black door pillarw and narrow spots with the Rupes 75 LHR mini, then sealed the polished parts, and put VRT on the trim. 

Last weekend I did a detail on my 2017 Black CRV AWD Touring. Started with a strip wash, VRT on the trim then clay. I did it this way so the next steps would not effect the trim as much. Next step was a revive fine hand polish then a coat of PS. I did go a little too heavy in some spots with the PS that took a little work to remove but otherwise I finished the whole job in a little under 4hrs. It turned out great and fortunately since the SUV lives in the garage most of the time it really only needs this level of care once a year. 

Next weekend I'll do a good two-bucket wash, a touch-up on the VRT, and a coat of Brilliant Glaze to make the black paint pop. 

The only potential down-side is my wife sees how good the CRV looks now she wants the same treatment on her MB GLK350! 

I completed my mission a couple of hours ago with a Waterless Wash and Brilliant Glaze of the Terrain.  The BG sure does make a clean vehicle Ceramic Paste Wax pop.   I'm beginning to think the wife is happy with her new ride, she's put almost 500 miles on it and we taking it on a short trip today, hence the need to make it pop.

IMG_0404.JPG

Started to get ready for paint correction and ceramic spray coating application. 

Strip washed, iron remover, clay Mitt (that thing is awesome!) 2 bucket washed, ceramic boosted the wheels (ceramic coated maybe 2 months ago) reapplied Tire Armor.  

Picked up the Lanka paint chip repair kit awhile back. Finally got around to tackling the few paint chips I had. 

Thinking this is going to be broken up into 2 days. The first day I will rinseless wash the whole cab (Crew Cab). Then paint correction, followed up with coating prep wipe down. Then ceramic spray coating. 

Second day will be the bed sides and tailgate. Will follow the same regimen as the cab. Although on the second day I am going to apply ceramic spray coating to my tonuo cover. 

Would love to do the full ceramic coating but I drive my truck everyday, have no usable garage to keep it in so it stays dry. And with the uncertainty of the weather, plus morning dew, I can’t chance ruining it. That is my reasoning for the spray coating. 

Will keep you guys updated!

Edited by Firebuff17
Spelling/grammer

Heavy Correcting Compound and Finish Polish along with Ceramic Coating (Hocossy brand, $11 on Amazon. We'll see how it works). Also hit it with Ceramic Boost the next day. It's not a perfect car but I was surprised with how many scuffs and scratches came out. It gave me a good amount of practice. 

IMG_8562.JPG

IMG_8566.JPG

IMG_8571.JPEG

IMG_8573.JPEG

From the 'No good deed goes unpunished' department:

My wife asked our neighbor to help her fix the drywall around the washing machine after a faucet repair.  I can do it, but it is in the garage, and we are being required by the our insurer to repipe soon.  She moved her car (2 years old, never corrected, and the paint looks fantastic after 2 years of Rinseless washes) out of the garage to allow better access.  Well during the clean up, the neighbor had an issue with my firehose nozzle and shutoff valve combo, and sprayed the car with wallboard dust.  My wife tried to "help" and rinsed the car off with the hose.  It looked OK when I quickly looked at it the day it happened, but when I pulled it out for a wash Saturday I could see waterspots.  I soaked the car with Waterless Wash loaded in the IK Multi-Sprayer, and that helped some.  During the wash with the MF wash mitt I could see more of the waterspots disappearing.  But after spritzing the panel with Detail Spray and drying it I could faintly see a few still remained, so once summer is gone (late October around here) I will need to finally put a polisher on this car. 😂   

I’m on a family road trip and staying at a cabin in Missouri. After driving 1,400 miles over two days I finally got here and had to wash my ride. The bugs on the front end and side mirrors were insane, of course.

Prior to leaving home I washed with Adams regular car wash and topped off with ceramic boost while drying. After getting here 3 days ago, I washed in the evening using Adams new Ceramic Wash. Let me tell you, having the vehicle not only ceramic coated 19 months ago but topped off fresh with Ceramic Boost before the trip really really helped the bugs come off rather easily. I also pre made a small spray bottle with diluted car wash in it before leaving home to pre spray the bugs before washing to help loosen them up and did a pre soak before washing with the ceramic car wash. 

Anyways, I did that regularwash 3 days ago so this morning I did a Ceramic Waterless Wash as we haven’t had rain and the truck just needed a touch up. I absolutely love the results Adams products provides, especially the new ceramic infused products. Here are two pics after the ceramic waterless wash today:

B8F973EF-8E04-4618-94C0-F8B83C34D0CA.jpeg

48099156-0048-48B9-AE57-4A087D8EE3D6.jpeg

Edited by Parad0x

Continued my Big Detail today. 

Only got the cab done today (roof, hood, front fenders, grill surround, front bumper, 4 doors).

2 step paint correction, some spots required 3, coating prep wipe down, ceramic spray coating application.

I ceramic spray coated all paint, chrome, headlights, all black plastic, rubber trim (has ceramic trim coating on it already) and all the glass including side mirrors. 

I used the small suede applicator and followed it up with a brand new single soft once it rainbowed over. 

The rear bed sides and tailgate will have to wait till next week. Not enough time to get it all done today. 

1 hour ago, Firebuff17 said:

I used the small suede applicator

Can't wait to see pictures! Next time, I recommend you use the grey microfiber pad instead...goes a lot faster! Spray directly into the pad and apply in the same crosshatch pattern.

On 7/1/2019 at 6:54 PM, Parad0x said:

I’m on a family road trip and staying at a cabin in Missouri. After driving 1,400 miles over two days I finally got here and had to wash my ride. The bugs on the front end and side mirrors were insane, of course.

Prior to leaving home I washed with Adams regular car wash and topped off with ceramic boost while drying. After getting here 3 days ago, I washed in the evening using Adams new Ceramic Wash. Let me tell you, having the vehicle not only ceramic coated 19 months ago but topped off fresh with Ceramic Boost before the trip really really helped the bugs come off rather easily. I also pre made a small spray bottle with diluted car wash in it before leaving home to pre spray the bugs before washing to help loosen them up and did a pre soak before washing with the ceramic car wash. 

Anyways, I did that regularwash 3 days ago so this morning I did a Ceramic Waterless Wash as we haven’t had rain and the truck just needed a touch up. I absolutely love the results Adams products provides, especially the new ceramic infused products. Here are two pics after the ceramic waterless wash today:

B8F973EF-8E04-4618-94C0-F8B83C34D0CA.jpeg

48099156-0048-48B9-AE57-4A087D8EE3D6.jpeg

Looks awesome, love the log cabin as well!

This past weekend, my SO and I decided on a last minute trip up to Las Vegas. Heading out, I collected a far bit of dust on I-15, but Sunday was another deal entirely. Because of the bad traffic on I-15 South through the Cajon Pass, I took a few alternative routes through the desert (in Nevada: I-215 > I-515 > US-95 > Nipton Road, then in California: Nipton Road > I-15 > Minneola Road > National Trails Highway > I-40 > CA-247 > CA-18 > CA-330 > CA-210). Needless to say, I collected a ton of dirt, other grime and brake dust, so since I was working from home this week, I took the liberty of getting all of the dirt off. I probably should I used the Iron Remover, but I noticed that I was out, so I just placed an order for that and a few extra things. 

IMG_2079.thumb.jpg.f3d49e5d7a621c6271441fcb5e94a6d4.jpg

It was much fun though driving through the desert on very empty side roads, as I was able to fully enjoy the turbo inline 6. 

@falcaineer

wasnt to bad using the small applicator. What made it difficult was that I had used the ceramic spray coating bottle already (on my granite countertops) and figured that taking the spray head out and putting the cap back on would make the bottle last longer. I did use warm/hot water on the spray head and rinsed out the spray head in an attempt to save it.

side note: I did not do this on my tire armor and that spray head had hardened and couldn’t use it again. 

Socwhat I ended up doing was covering the top of the CSC bottle with the applicator, turned it sideways and splashed the applicator, turned it back up right and moved the applicator over a little bit farther and repeated the process. Recap the bottle so I wouldn’t knock it over, crosshatch pattern a section, then wipe with a clean MF. Repeated this process until I was done.

I didnt get any pics yesterday. Took some today though. Had morning dew covering it along with some dust/fallout from sitting overnight and driving to work, and sitting in the parking lot for 8 hours.  E10CA722-3DB5-4C9E-855A-A8D2662334C7.thumb.jpeg.1488d3055f2c820a156fe2f648f71393.jpeg

FAA34A34-7436-46DB-8AA8-57361B03A981.jpeg

3988AAA9-F5B9-4096-9149-E85528B4085E.jpeg

Edited by Firebuff17
Add pic

• 2 weeks later...

I got a chance to wash and wax my GF's Outback, which was no small feat as it was 97 outside and with a little bit of a breeze made for an interesting time. In my mind, once I started washing the car, I could not be distracted as my plan was to wash the entire car within the shortest amount of time as possible so then I could bring it back inside for the actual detailing work. 

IMG_2167.thumb.jpg.a9920d3cf94c12de74c99946446b0d06.jpg

IMG_2168.thumb.jpg.96244d6bf69668784a4b6d8177fa5817.jpg

ETA: I went though so much VRT, as literally the entire bottom of the car was black plastic. 

Edited by them240i

• 3 weeks later...

Washed, vacuumed, cleaned and treated the leather in the Impala yesterday. Today was the Astra. It got a wash, the same interior treatment, and also engine bay cleaning. Now it’s pouring rain! 😭 That was NOT in the forecast this morning. 

I really like the new Leather and Interior Dressing. I much prefer the finish over the Leather Conditioner. 

My son-in-law dropped off his new truck to let me experiment on it.  For those of you that know the type of vehicles I generally do, this is another one that hurt.  This isn't the son-in-law that's married to the daughter with the Red Mustang, it's one that is married to the daughter with the Red Range Rover.  Aren't son-in-laws supposed to keep in the good graces of their father-in-law?  

In an effort to keep peace in the family, I went ahead and worked on the truck.  Being new, it was in good shape and when they bought the truck, the dealer offered to have their in-house detail guy take care of it.  He had a bucket and a hose and my daughter and son-in-law wisely told them no thank you, "Dad" will take care of it.

I'm a early morning person, so I was outside getting ready by 7:00 and took the first picture at 7:35 AM.  Starting with the wheels, tires and running boards, they got the Eco Wheel Cleaner treatment and Tire & Rubber Cleaner.  Then the entire truck received a strip wash.  After the strip wash, I hit it with Iron Remover and to my surprise almost nothing showed up.  Then it was on to the Clay followed by a careful inspection of the paint for any places that Ford was going to need to correct and again I didn't find any.  Since the truck hadn't been touched, I didn't have any swirls marks or other real imperfections to deal with, so following the least aggressive method, I went with Finishing Polish and got to use my new 15 MM Swirl Killer for first time.   

Once I completed the entire truck with Finishing polish, it was another close inspection and then I started with the Ceramic Surface Prep and then I followed that with the Ceramic Spray Coating.   I finished everything at 2:15 PM and let it is sit the garage to cure.  The second picture was taken at 6:19 PM right after I pulled it out of the garage.   

Overall, I'm pleased with how it came out and while they were both working today, I did send them pictures throughout the process.  Given the cost of a new truck, getting the protection on their quickly should help keep their investment looking good for a while.

IMG_0474.JPG

IMG_0485.JPG

3 hours ago, RayS said:

My son-in-law dropped off his new truck to let me experiment on it.  For those of you that know the type of vehicles I generally do, this is another one that hurt.  This isn't the son-in-law that's married to the daughter with the Red Mustang, it's one that is married to the daughter with the Red Range Rover.  Aren't son-in-laws supposed to keep in the good graces of their father-in-law?  

In an effort to keep peace in the family, I went ahead and worked on the truck.  Being new, it was in good shape and when they bought the truck, the dealer offered to have their in-house detail guy take care of it.  He had a bucket and a hose and my daughter and son-in-law wisely told them no thank you, "Dad" will take care of it.

I'm a early morning person, so I was outside getting ready by 7:00 and took the first picture at 7:35 AM.  Starting with the wheels, tires and running boards, they got the Eco Wheel Cleaner treatment and Tire & Rubber Cleaner.  Then the entire truck received a strip wash.  After the strip wash, I hit it with Iron Remover and to my surprise almost nothing showed up.  Then it was on to the Clay followed by a careful inspection of the paint for any places that Ford was going to need to correct and again I didn't find any.  Since the truck hadn't been touched, I didn't have any swirls marks or other real imperfections to deal with, so following the least aggressive method, I went with Finishing Polish and got to use my new 15 MM Swirl Killer for first time.   

Once I completed the entire truck with Finishing polish, it was another close inspection and then I started with the Ceramic Surface Prep and then I followed that with the Ceramic Spray Coating.   I finished everything at 2:15 PM and let it is sit the garage to cure.  The second picture was taken at 6:19 PM right after I pulled it out of the garage.   

Overall, I'm pleased with how it came out and while they were both working today, I did send them pictures throughout the process.  Given the cost of a new truck, getting the protection on their quickly should help keep their investment looking good for a while.

IMG_0474.JPG

IMG_0485.JPG

Nice work, Ray! If I didn't know better, I'd have thought I was going color blind 😂

13 hours ago, RayS said:

IMG_0474.JPG

IMG_0485.JPG

Looks great..i think you need to make him your apprentice! Always easier with another set of hands!  Too nice of you of do the whole detail yourself!  I wish i had the time to do the whole family!!👍🏻

• 2 weeks later...

Last week a good friend of mine and his wife had a beautiful baby girl. Fourth one in the family...yes they are saving their pennies for the weddings! Anyway, they live nearly an hour from the nearest military hospital. Air Force guidance says go there "unless an emergency." They pass at least three major civilian hospitals along the way. See where this is going?! Yeah, despite going...fast...and maybe breaking a few more traffic laws along the way, the baby went faster. With Mom reportedly standing through the sunroof, just minutes from the hospital and right outside the gate, she arrived. In shock, I was told the gate guards let them right through. And thankfully all's well with both mom and baby.

But now, I consider them REALLY good friends...with a clean car. I'll spare you the before pics, and it was a bit too dark when I got done for afters. But Adam's saved the day!!

:burnout:👶🏼🍼😁

3 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Last week a good friend of mine and his wife had a beautiful baby girl. Fourth one in the family...yes they are saving their pennies for the weddings! Anyway, they live nearly an hour from the nearest military hospital. Air Force guidance says go there "unless an emergency." They pass at least three major civilian hospitals along the way. See where this is going?! Yeah, despite going...fast...and maybe breaking a few more traffic laws along the way, the baby went faster. With Mom reportedly standing through the sunroof, just minutes from the hospital and right outside the gate, she arrived. In shock, I was told the gate guards let them right through. And thankfully all's well with both mom and baby.

But now, I consider them REALLY good friends...with a clean car. I'll spare you the before pics, and it was a bit too dark when I got done for afters. But Adam's saved the day!!

:burnout:👶🏼🍼😁

Nice work Chris, I’m sure they are very grateful, and one less thing to worry about during this period in their lives.

You know births in cars happen more than most would think, we have had 2 in my county in the last few weeks,  and this is only on my shift, so there could have been more.  Births in homes are obviously more common as well.  Walked into a house once with mom hovering over a toilet and baby hanging, but dad was supporting baby,  jeez!  “lady dont stand there!!”

Always fun and a mess, but a true miracle!