Customer Service 866.965.0400

What Did You Wash, Shine, and or Polish Today

Holder

After doing my Tonneau Cover, my son-in-law picked up a used one for his truck that was in very good shape and he got it for a great price.  I cleaned and coated it today, although there is one stain that I wasn't able to get out, given the price he paid for it he is still real happy.   The first picture is the before cleaning, the next one is after it was done. 

IMG_0503.JPG

IMG_0505.JPG

Edit:  The top was coated with Ceramic Spray Coating.

Edited by RayS

Yesterday I rinseless washed the SS using Adam’s Rinseless and a plethora of MT towels in a bucket. Tires were cleaned with Adam’s Tire & Rubber Cleaner. Wheels cleaned with whatever car shampoo was left in my iK sprayer. Tires were treated to a layer of Adam’s Tire Shine plus each wheel and caliper got a spritz of Ceramic Boost to top off the competitor’s wheel coating.

FA5DABCD-E2EC-4053-A92A-A025E51FF8E4.thumb.jpeg.e48e9758ebbbd43fa7fb9e6cb492fcb8.jpeg

No LSP on the paint as I can’t make up my mind on what direction I’m going...

463F851E-A63E-47D2-A6E2-0785AA3D36B5.thumb.jpeg.6620490f460a25d77614b29b4f87a06f.jpeg

Edited by Captain Slow

5 hours ago, RayS said:

After doing my Tonneau Cover, my son-in-law picked up a used one for his truck that was in very good shape and he got it for a great price.  I cleaned and coated it today, although there is one stain that I wasn't able to get out, given the price he paid for it he is still real happy.   The first picture is the before cleaning, the next one is after it was done. 

IMG_0503.JPG

IMG_0505.JPG

Looks great, Ray! Did you top it with the CSC?

1 hour ago, Captain Slow said:

Yesterday I rinseless washed the SS using Adam’s Rinseless and a plethora of MT towels in a bucket. Tires were cleaned with Adam’s Tire & Rubber Cleaner. Wheels cleaned with whatever car shampoo was left in my iK sprayer. Tires were treated to a layer of Adam’s Tire Shine plus each wheel and caliper got a spritz of Ceramic Boost to top off the competitor’s wheel coating.

FA5DABCD-E2EC-4053-A92A-A025E51FF8E4.thumb.jpeg.e48e9758ebbbd43fa7fb9e6cb492fcb8.jpeg

463F851E-A63E-47D2-A6E2-0785AA3D36B5.thumb.jpeg.6620490f460a25d77614b29b4f87a06f.jpeg

Nice work! I'd recommend the Ceramic Paste Wax...

22 hours ago, Captain Slow said:

I'm going to follow up with @falcaineer and suggest Ceramic Paste Wax.  I still haven't decided what to do with Mustang, but after 8 months with CPW, I am more than happy with how it looks and actions.  Plus there is just that added pleasure of laying a paste wax on a real car.

Edited by RayS

• 3 weeks later...

This afternoon my wife and I tackled the interior of her Durango R/T. She pulled the WeatherTech mats, vacuumed the interior then set about scrubbing the mats. She protected hem using WeatherTech’s Protectant.  I cleaned the interior with Adam’s Leather & Interior Cleaner then treated the leather to Griot’s Garage Leather Care. Adam’s Leather Conditioner was in the basement and I was in the groove so I used what was at hand.  The rest of the interior got Adam’s Pumpkin Spice Interior Detailer.  Interior glass was cleaned using Adam’s rinseless wash before cleaning the vehicle. I used a competitor’s bead maker for LSP. Wheels and tires were cleaned with Adam’s APC diluted 5:1. CarPro Hydro 2 was the LSP on the wheels and Adam’s Tire Shine on the tires.  Looking forward to the day Adam’s has a spray on rinse off SiO2 product.

A753EDF5-5D53-4944-BD9E-C11D101F62D0.thumb.jpeg.2d5ef437e4533fab49744d81b5c66ae4.jpeg

Washed the truck today. 

I had made an order a couple weeks back and ordered wash and coat, ceramic waterless wash, and interior Detailer. 

Truck has ceramic spray coating on it. 

I use a foam gun and 2 bucket wash with the microfiber wash mitt. Followed directions on the wash and coat. Put 3-4 ounces in the foam gun with water and a couple ounces in the bucket with the mitt and lather it up with the sprayer. I found that it does not foam very well, either in the foam gun (decent foam but not great) and very minimal in the bucket with the mitt. Went ahead and foamed the truck, washed with the mitt and rinse bucket, and then rinsed truck off. 

I have both ceramic boost 2.0 and now have ceramic waterless wash. I was conflicted on which one I was going to use as a drying aid as I don’t have a air dryer (yet. Lol). Decided I was going to use the CWW. Reached for the bottle, and couldn’t find the right size sprayer. When I loaded everything up yesterday, I mistakenly grabbed the wrong spray head for it. 

So I used CB 2.0 instead. Applied/dried using the wet method. Used 4 borderless gray towels for my crew cab pickup. Applied the CB to everything as it all has CSC, or ceramic trim coating, or both. Once completed and packed up I took it out into the sun. Came out amazing!! Pics I took don’t do it justice so not worth posting. Unbelievably smooth to the light touch. And didn’t notice any streaking or high spots. 

Side note: 

not completely sold on wash and coat. It does seem to work well. I bought the 12 ounce bottle and used just about half to wash it once. Maybe if I bought the 64 ounce next time. 

3 hours ago, SgtLip said:

Good eye, Yes. 2018 Subaru Forester 2.0XT to be exact.

My wife has the Impreza.  I wish I didn’t listen to my neighbor and bought the Crosstrek.

With that said, last year while traveling , we had an issue with the Impreza while in Lancaster County, PA.  We stopped at a Subaru dealer to get the car fixed.  While heading to the customer waiting room, they had a Forrester with a 2.5 “ lift,  black wheels, and BFG’s.   Told my wife that’s my next ride. 

4 minutes ago, SouthernSteve said:

My wife has the Impreza.  I wish I didn’t listen to my neighbor and bought the Crosstrek.

With that said, last year while traveling , we had an issue with the Impreza while in Lancaster County, PA.  We stopped at a Subaru dealer to get the car fixed.  While heading to the customer waiting room, they had a Forrester with a 2.5 “ lift,  black wheels, and BFG’s.   Told my wife that’s my next ride. 

I had the 2015 XV Crosstrek Special Edition (Yellow). I loved it. I had to trade up for a truck because I was having to pull an RV. I retired this year and sold the RV and traded the truck for the Forester. I purchased it in August 2018. I heard and saw the 2018 was the last year for the Turbo so I grabbed one while I could. I love it but not the gas bill. It is a great car but I'm thinking about trading it in. It has 12K miles on it. Being retired I have to find something more economical.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, NO MORE Yellow Subaru. Went and got me a new 2020 Toyota Avalon Hybrid. I didn't do anything to the interior except TRY to clean the windows. 

On Sunday: After getting some great help from @Nickfire20

• I used a whole bottle of Iron Remover and there was more fallout than I ever imagined for a new car.

IMG_0404.thumb.jpeg.7aa28c2760140a7edcbd5c0ec7020481.jpeg

• I had a piece of a bottle of Wheel Cleaner which was just enough for all four wheels
  • Then I rinsed and dried the entire car
  • I then used the Adam's White Fine Grade Clay Bar with DS and clayed the complete car. After I was done, I remembered I forgot to clay the wheels. Maybe next time
  • I put maybe 3 ounces of Car Shampoo and 3 ounces of Eco All Purpose Cleaner in the Foam Cannon and the Wash Bucket
  • I foamed the entire car, there was a lot of foam. And I used the mit and washed the entire car and then rinsed with the power washer
  • I used my blower and dried the car. There wasn't enough left to towel dry but I drug it over everything anyway
  • I then parked it in the garage while this old man went in and got him some Air Conditioning. I figured I'd let both me and the car cool down a bit as the sun was hitting the trunk and back window
  • After an hour or two I went out into the garage and applied the Surface Prep spray to the entire car
  • Once that was complete I applied the Ceramic Spray Coating and let it cure overnight

Monday (Today):

• Got up early this morning and applied the Ceramic Boost
  • Pulled the car out of the garage and applied the Tire Shine
  • I noticed there were at least a million streaks on the exterior of the glass that I didn't see yesterday after applying the Ceramic Spray Coating. I assumed it was from the Ceramic Boost I applied today. After going onto the Forum asking for help, it was suggested to try Ceramic Waterless Wash. I'm happy to say, IT WORKED!!

This being my very first time to do anything other than run it through the chemical tunnel, I have to say, it looks pretty darn good for a rookie. THANKS TO EVERYONE who guided me. I can't begin to thank everyone but just to give a shout out to a few: @falcaineer @Nickfire20 @mc2hill @Rich @SouthernSteve and a Host of Others.

IMG_0436.thumb.jpeg.42dfc675ad211906b767a448a6ba1c6b.jpeg

Edited by SgtLip
typos

1 hour ago, SgtLip said:

Okay, NO MORE Yellow Subaru. Went and got me a new 2020 Toyota Avalon Hybrid. I didn't do anything to the interior except TRY to clean the windows. 

On Sunday: After getting some great help from @Nickfire20

• I used a whole bottle of Iron Remover and there was more fallout than I ever imagined for a new car.

IMG_0404.thumb.jpeg.7aa28c2760140a7edcbd5c0ec7020481.jpeg

• I had a piece of a bottle of Wheel Cleaner which was just enough for all four wheels
  • Then I rinsed and dried the entire car
  • I then used the Adam's White Fine Grade Clay Bar with DS and clayed the complete car. After I was done, I remembered I forgot to clay the wheels. Maybe next time
  • I put maybe 3 ounces of Car Shampoo and 3 ounces of Eco All Purpose Cleaner in the Foam Cannon and the Wash Bucket
  • I foamed the entire car, there was a lot of foam. And I used the mit and washed the entire car and then rinsed with the power washer
  • I used my blower and dried the car. There wasn't enough left to towel dry but I drug it over everything anyway
  • I then parked it in the garage while this old man went in and got him some Air Conditioning. I figured I'd let both me and the car cool down a bit as the sun was hitting the trunk and back window
  • After an hour or two I went out into the garage and applied the Surface Prep spray to the entire car
  • Once that was complete I applied the Ceramic Spray Coating and let it cure overnight

Monday (Today):

• Got up early this morning and applied the Ceramic Boost
  • Pulled the car out of the garage and applied the Tire Shine
  • I noticed there were at least a million streaks on the exterior of the glass that I didn't see yesterday after applying the Ceramic Spray Coating. I assumed it was from the Ceramic Boost I applied today. After going onto the Forum asking for help, it was suggested to try Ceramic Waterless Wash. I'm happy to say, IT WORKED!!

This being my very first time to do anything other than run it through the chemical tunnel, I have to say, it looks pretty darn good for a rookie. THANKS TO EVERYONE who guided me. I can't begin to thank everyone but just to give a shout out to a few: @falcaineer @Nickfire20 @mc2hill @Rich @SouthernSteve and a Host of Others.

IMG_0436.thumb.jpeg.42dfc675ad211906b767a448a6ba1c6b.jpeg

Looks awesome/Great write-up but I hope you forgot to list one more point...I dont see where you cracked open a cold beverage!!

3 minutes ago, tlbullet said:

Looks awesome/Great write-up but I hope you forgot to list one more point...I dont see where you cracked open a cold beverage!!

Have to apologize but I don't drink. But I did have a cold glass of water or two. Does that count?

I apologize as I should have added you and @RayS to my list of folks to thank.

Edited by SgtLip
Typo

1 minute ago, RayS said:

My drink of choice is "Cold" Lemonade, is the "Cold" part that counts, not what the content is.  Although, I don't hide the fact that I also like a nice glass of wine with dinner once in a while.

That does sound pretty good. I may let the wife convince me every other year to have a glass of wine.

3 minutes ago, RayS said:

My drink of choice is "Cold" Lemonade, is the "Cold" part that counts, not what the content is.  Although, I don't hide the fact that I also like a nice glass of wine with dinner once in a while.

@RayS hit the nail on the head! Cold is the key!   And on serious note..I believe pacing yourself is important.. you definitely cannot rush a good detail.

5 minutes ago, RayS said: