Customer Service 866.965.0400

What Did You Wash, Shine, and or Polish Today

Holder

• 2 weeks later...

Rinseless washed the SS this morning after several days of thunderstorms. Used Adam’s Rinseless in a bucket with a sponge and several MF towels. Used same solution on wheels which also got a shpritz of Ceramic Boost. Tires got Adam’s Tire Shine as the sprayer for Tire Armor crapped out on me during its third time being used. I’ll have to remember to email Customer Service for a new sprayer. No pics as I had to get to the office and was in a big ol’ hurry. 

Tonight I ordered a set of Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3 Plus for the SS. Happy belated third birthday SS.

I had 2020 Mazda 3 dropped off at noon on Friday that was just a few days old and never washed by the dealer and only about a 100 miles on it.  I started with a strip wash, followed by iron remover and it did have a lot of rail dust. Next up was to get it clayed and then on to polishing.  I did a test spot with a finishing polish and a white pad and was more than satisfied with the results.  There was one place that I found some marks, so I hit it by hand with Scratch and Swirl remover.  

Following the polishing, it received a thorough Surface Prep and then Ceramic Spray Coating.  This afternoon, I went over it Ceramic Boost before the owner picked it up at 5:00.  I also went  over the faux leather with Leather Conditioner which helped bring out the color.  

Over all it was a fun car to do and the owner was very happy and it finally got me out of the slump of only getting black vehicles.   

IMG_0717.JPG

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0723.JPG

IMG_0724.JPG

IMG_0725.JPG

I test drove a Soul Red Crystal Metallic CX-5, Signature trim, very nice! Great drivetrain and I loved the way the suspension is tuned. Too small for my liking and the CX-9 is too expensive.   Love, love, love that red paint. It comes alive in full sun and photos don’t do it justice.

I was almost tempted to not even share these pics, because I am the reigning world Champion at forgetting to take Before-and-After shots!  But I bought this carbon fiber rear wing from a reputable manufacturer, but when the piece came in, you could immediately tell it was not clear coated.  The wing was delivered in it's natural resin finish that they use to manufacture carbon parts.  It still looked descent.  Not great, but descent.  Was reeeaalllyyy leaning towards getting it cleared so that it looked perfect.  It had a pretty descent haze about the whole piece (best way I can describe it), and you could even see some pretty good sanding marks still in the resin.  Had this level of sanding marks been in something painted, especially a dark color, I would actually call them horrendous.  But in the resin on that carbon color, you had to have the right lighting and angle to make them out.  Plus the natural haze of the resin itself muted the sanding marks...but I still knew they were there, so that was enough.

With the plan of getting it cleared, I figured nothing to loose and a great opportunity to play around with some products/pad combination.  After a couple rounds with some Heavy Correcting Compound on the areas with the bad sanding tracks, a once over with the new Compound, and then a real slow once over with the new Polish, here's a couple cool finished shots.  There was very minimal difference between the old Heavy Correcting Compound and the new Compound (I think that's a good thing), with a slight nod, IMO, to the old Heavy Correcting Compound on its correction ability.  It knocked those sand marks out of the park and left very little to be corrected.  I don't think the new Compound tackled it as easy, maybe to say it's just slightly less aggressive with the benefit of being more versatile, maybe.  Both still great products.  I will also caveat those results are in a resin and not a clear coated surface, so, take it with a grain of salt.  Long story short, This sucker no longer needs a $300 clear coat job.  

BMXhM+PbQRiU0tPReWXXFg.jpg

fullsizeoutput_51af.jpeg

Polished the wife's 2018 Mustang Eco-Boost (Royal Crimson Metallic), strip washed, clayed (minimal contaminates), 1 pass of Correcting Polish with the 15mm Swirl Killer (so smooth compared to the old Porter Cable), did a pass of Finishing Polish over the roof and didn't see a big difference so I switched up to sealing with Paint Sealant. Took a bit longer than I hoped and wore me out, that swirl killer is smooth, but heavy bit of kit to wield all day.

0601201154a.jpg

0601201552_HDR.jpg

0601201617_HDR.jpg

I worked on a BMW late last week. It was a really cool car to work on. The paint was hazy and swirled and there were some pretty big scratches and scuffs. I was able to clean it up super well though. The owner was blown away. I was very happy about getting the huge scuff off of the bumper. I think embedding Instagram is easiest but if I need to upload pictures, I can. 

Finally got my first "customer", a 75 MG midget with a fresh single stage paint job.  This car has 8 layers of paint and was BADLY oxidized so I had my work cut out for me, trashed all my pads.  I used the new compound, my old bottle of the orange heavy correcting polish, the new polish, brilliant glaze, sealant and then spray wax and some other stuff to top her off.  He wanted the tires and top to have a period true matte finish, no thunderbird leather jacket finish here!

20200517_144307.jpg

20200526_224846.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I strip washed, chemically decontaminated, clay toweled and lightly polished the SS using all Adam’s products. Today I wiped it down with Adam’s Coating Prep then coated it with Adam’s Ceramic Paint Coating. After I was done I pulled it out in the sun and saw that the hood which looked great under LED garage lights had numerous high spots only visible in the shade. I got out the Adam’s miracle product AKA Brilliant Glaze and lightly massaged the high points off. The rest of the car was fine, go figure. Tomorrow morning before I go to the office I will give it a coat of Ceramic Boost.

50595F95-1035-4AE9-BE6A-BB4445028B9D.thumb.jpeg.272f1b2b7c7342827a07ddee9b5312c6.jpeg9506F54A-A3E4-498E-9AE7-4C56F7F44EDB.thumb.jpeg.51334dcc0eb941fb76bbf0e8a49a3592.jpeg

23405958-B2E4-4834-8228-151336B49B02.thumb.jpeg.a3f3f274561ac1b58ee17f8712f8d26a.jpeg
On a side note, I got my Adam’s shipment today. For the first time since my first order in 2009 I received damaged product. I’ll email them tomorrow for assistance. Packaging was good and intact so not sure what happened.

CF51C867-E0D4-4444-9571-A4FE27C15A3F.thumb.jpeg.c855950c6a0faa0c4ecda957aa03f149.jpeg

Edited by Captain Slow

Spent all day yesterday washing, Ceramic waxing the Vette, full detail, then put the light cover over her to keep the dust off.  One of our local clubs had their first cruise in this evening so we went. Started at 5.  By 6...........it was raining. Wasn't supposed to rain. No rain in the forecast. Didn't rain hard,  but enough to get the roads damp and the car wet. SOB!  Never fails.  Guess I'll be wiping her down tomorrow again.

21 hours ago, Captain Slow said:

I treated the new deck box to VRT.CD362C6F-7571-40F3-9B52-81B3F618F129.thumb.jpeg.5fcc548a2c8ecd8102f8a8f1df9111f7.jpeg40726806-4C9B-4E21-9CF9-2763180B6A18.thumb.jpeg.c2cc50f60083a12398ff5fe19eecf17f.jpeg

I’m off today with the family celebrating the twin daughter’s 12th birthday. Where the heck did that time go?!? 

12 years old!!! Holy cow!

Didn't wash or shine anything today.  Instead, I was test driving a 2019 Cadillac XT4 Sport.  2000 miles on it, white with caramel colored interior, fully loaded, sticker priced at $57,000, but they were selling it for new for $41000.  Worth a look, not worth $57K.  Anyhow, I bought my Equinox 14 months ago and sticker on it was nearly $40,000, so I figured it would get a good trade on it since it only has 8000 miles on it.  Their offer was $17000 since that was KBB value, but the salesman said they were being nice and offering me $20,000 since it's so nice.  

I left. 

11 hours ago, Rich said:

Didn't wash or shine anything today.  Instead, I was test driving a 2019 Cadillac XT4 Sport.  2000 miles on it, white with caramel colored interior, fully loaded, sticker priced at $57,000, but they were selling it for new for $41000.  Worth a look, not worth $57K.  Anyhow, I bought my Equinox 14 months ago and sticker on it was nearly $40,000, so I figured it would get a good trade on it since it only has 8000 miles on it.  Their offer was $17000 since that was KBB value, but the salesman said they were being nice and offering me $20,000 since it's so nice.  

I left. 

🤣🤣🤣

2019 Tesla model X, customer requested a clean and shine.  I couldn't just put on brilliant glaze which is pretty much what he wanted/paid for.  Being my second "customer" I used iron remover, clayed and used the one step combo, polish and topped with the uv ceramic spray and achieved a respectable result.  Gave myself a FUNcussion by hitting my head on the gullwing doors about 87 times 😄

Glass (there's a LOT of it) sealed, mats trim and tires hit with VRT.

I also got to break in my mtm hydro 😉

20200614_165314.jpg

20200614_170023.jpg

20200614_100836.jpg

20200614_164458.jpg

We’ve had dry weather this past week so the recently coated SS is still clean. The wife’s Beast was a different story though. I washed it using several MF wash mitts in a bucket with Adam’s Wash & Wax. Pretreated the bug guts with a competitor’s bug spray and foamed the Beast with the same wash product I used to clean it with. The two part glass coated windshield resisted soap. I’d spray it on then watch it immediately start sheeting off. Needless to say the bugs came off the glass with a blast from the hose. Great stuff!  Beast was dried using Detail Spray as a drying aid. Wheels got cleaned with soap and water, tires with Adam’s tire & rubber cleaner. They got a shpritz of Ceramic Boost as a drying aid. I noticed a few spots of rail dust so next wash will feature a chemical decontamination and perhaps a clay mitt wipe down.  Of course no sooner than I get done when the Beast had to go out and be shown off to the world.

D1E33097-A4C7-4697-8433-0E2E07387C5D.thumb.jpeg.f26c3bb040c982f269a9f0d993e51ee8.jpeg

656D57C5-2751-44E4-B56D-EFB8A3CA38FF.thumb.jpeg.857f9a292e7e2b3eb7b2ba4c697755a7.jpeg

Apologize up front as I completely forgot to take before pictures. I completely detailed and applied Ceramic Spray back in October 2019. Decided to do it all over again now. 

1. Spent all day Thursday washing, Iron remover, clay bar and cleaning the engine bay and tires and wheels.

2. Spent all day Friday finish polishing with Swirl Killer, applying Surface Prep and applied Ceramic Spray coating to the entire car including door jams on the "Garage Queen".

3. Applied Tire Shine and put the license plate back on today. Done for now due to extreme heat index. I'll clean the interior on Monday.

IMG_1319.jpeg

IMG_1320.jpeg

IMG_1323.jpeg

Edited by SgtLip
typos and corrections

53 minutes ago, RayS said:

Yesterday, the daughter brought me a July 4th gift of a dirty Jaguar.  In return she got a nice clean shiny one at the end of the day.  For as much as I dislike doing black vehicles, this one does look good and with CSC on it, it cleans up easily.

IMG_0761.JPG

IMG_0762.JPG

Looks great, Ray. Something tells me she also brought you some yummy food in return, too... 😃

7 hours ago, RayS said:

Yesterday, the daughter brought me a July 4th gift of a dirty Jaguar.  In return she got a nice clean shiny one at the end of the day.  For as much as I dislike doing black vehicles, this one does look good and with CSC on it, it cleans up easily.

IMG_0761.JPG

IMG_0762.JPG

You let family members buy non-red vehicle and park them in your driveway???? Shocked !!!!!