Customer Service 866.965.0400

APC vs GWC

toddimac

Question

Hello All:

I have about run through my first gallon of Adam's APC. I have been using it 50/50 on my Porsche alloy wheels, as well as on our DDs (Toyota Highlander and Honda Accord). Getting great results on all vehicles. My question: when I get ready to re-order, should I start using the Green Wheel Cleaner for wheels and just use the APC on engine bay, etc.? What are the advantages of the GWC? Too bad I missed the boat on yesterday's Daily Special...

Thanks All

Toddimac

11 answers to this question

APC targets "oils" a little more specifically, it can also be pretty harsh on more delicate finishes like raw/polished aluminum.

GWC targets carbon metallic (brake dust) better, and doesn't really touch greases or oils like APC can. Its more gentle and forgiving on delicate wheels as well.

Nothing wrong with using diluted APC for your wheels if its working for you. I'd recommend going to diluted car wash shampoo in a foaming spray bottle for light cleaning so you don't strip your protection and reserve APC or GWC for times when more serious cleaning is needed.

I think you might get 10 answers from 10 different people.

Next time I will skip the green wheel cleaner and just use apc.

The gwc works great and a gallon has lasted me almost 1 year.

I think apc is or could be harsh on finishes. As a precaution you don't always want to use it on all types of wheels

APC

I'd recommend going to diluted car wash shampoo in a foaming spray bottle for light cleaning so you don't strip your protection and reserve.

O man. I can't wait to try that. Good idea.