Customer Service 866.965.0400

Something new to detail...

Chewy

This comes across totally as bragging, but there's no way around it... I want to tell someone, but I'm NOT bragging. We all have awesome vehicles so who better to talk about them with? :hi: Right?

So my G8 is going to become a garage queen soon and to replace it, I ordered a truck... I weighed all my options and decided to sell my current F150 garage queen which is a 2 seater short bed 4x4 and will probably sell my two motorcycles too. My plan is to buy the G8 to keep and mod which I can then fit my whole family in and enjoy.

I ended up ordering a RAM Crew Cab 4x4 with the V8 and the new Torqueflight (ZF designed) 8 speed transmission. I hope I don't regret my decision, but I REALLY like the look of it and the options they offer. I've never been much of a Chrysler fan and I hate that FIAT owns them but...

The photo below shows basically what I got. I did get the ram boxes (not shown) which are in the side of the bed fenders and lock and unlock with the doors and tailgate and are sealed from the elements. Should be a good place for the hitch, ratchet straps and tow strap and such.

I also got the air suspension. It raises and lowers by the push of a button. It'll lower 2 inches or raise 2 or 2.5 inches from normal ride height and lowers 1/2" when speeds above 60mph are reached for mileage reasons. It's also got louvers behind the grill that shut to reduce drag.

If you're in the market for a new truck, you really need to look at them. They truly have come a LONG way and have some out of the box thinking features. Also... Made in the USA. Warren MI.

Now the wait... 10-14 weeks... :willy: (first world problems)

Chris

Photo is not my truck but represents one similar to what I'll be getting. Mine will be white too... I'm over BLACK DD's. :help:

nice....i am curious how the 8 speed handles the hemi. we will need a review once you get it in and has been driven

Me too! No one has one yet. I'll be one of the first. :willy: The tests on youtube by the press are good though. It is supposedly the same or similar design as is used in some euro vehicles.

It's design is superior to the current 5 speed that's tuned to be a 6 speed which IMO is goofy. It either IS a 6 speed or it isn't.

The dash knob shifter will take some getting used to, but it frees up a lot of space in the console for other stuff.

Chris

Thanks for posting all the cool features my Ram doesn't have.

Congrats on the new purchase.

lol, and next year someone will do the same to me. I wish I could get a new one every year, but... I'm not complaining! ;)

lol, and next year someone will do the same to me. I wish I could get a new one every year, but... I'm not complaining! ;)

Mine is an '09 w/22k miles on it and it is paid for and that is the best feature ever. Lol

Does the new Ram have the cruise control that adjust to the car in front of you and the blind spot sensors?

Mine is an '09 w/22k miles on it and it is paid for and that is the best feature ever. Lol

Does the new Ram have the cruise control that adjust to the car in front of you and the blind spot sensors?

I don't believe so. The active cruise drives me nuts though and I usually turn them off on the vehicles I've driven with it.

It has park sense and a rear camera though. I'll have to actually drive the vehicle... lol I didn't get nav either. The Uconnect allows you to add it later if you want. Personally, I'd use it so infrequently, and I have an iPhone with google and iMaps so I honestly don't see the need.

I spent the money on the air suspension and ram boxes. I also got a 3.92 final drive with LSD.

Nice truck! I'm curious how the new 8 speed does in the HEMI's. I also hate that FIAT owns them as well, however, the quality has definitely gone up. I have a '13 charger now and love it - it's leaps and bounds over my old '08 R/T charger I had.

Nice truck! I'm curious how the new 8 speed does in the HEMI's. I also hate that FIAT owns them as well, however, the quality has definitely gone up. I have a '13 charger now and love it - it's leaps and bounds over my old '08 R/T charger I had.

Interiors alone are 1000 times better and their tech is amazingly better.

I'm more worried about the V8 than the A8 actually. I DO like my LS motors... I don't like that Chrysler still uses standard plugs (16 of them) on the hemi V8's which need to be replaced every 35,000 miles. WTH? :willy:

congrats!

The wait is going to suck..

Once I pay off the G8, I'm thinking about getting a pick-up..

I waited 8 months for my G8!!!

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

Congrats! I'm sure it's going to be a fine truck. :thumbsup:

Now quit bragging and showing off. :D:D:D

Hahaha! I am sensitive to it... I don't want to come across the wrong way even though I now it does.

Hahaha! I am sensitive to it... I don't want to come across the wrong way even though I now it does.

Really, I wouldn't even think twice about it. Heck, half the reason for this whole forum is for showing off our toys. :thumbsup:

Congrats.:2thumbs:...I have been holding back. I have wanted to trade my 07 in for the last few years. Seeing how much the Ram has improved over my first 04 Ram makes it hard to contain myself. I decided to put some new wheels and few other mods to make mine feel somewhat new again (not the same-but it helps)! I have plans on getting a vette (might be a camaro for backseat,2 kids) this summer for a toy.

Ram has truly turned into a luxury truck!

Edited by LimitedDodge

Congrats Chris .. she is really nice!

Mongo likey!

I wish I had my G8 paid off so I can do the same. I could use a pickup. Wife wants me to sell the G8 and purchase one but I need my G8 fix every so often.

Love to see more outside pics and interior pics once you can provide them.

I was torn between Dodge and Chevy.

Congrats on your Ram! Did you order a Sport?

I love my Ram Sport, this is my 4th new Dodge truck all with no problems!:thumbsup:

Yes it's a Sport 4x4 Crew Cab with the works. They've come a LONG way. I never sat in one until yesterday at the local car show. WOW! Super nice! :bow: The last 4 vehicles I've purchased, I never sat in until I took delivery of mine. lol

Congrats.:2thumbs:...I have been holding back. I have wanted to trade my 07 in for the last few years. Seeing how much the Ram has improved over my first 04 Ram makes it hard to contain myself. I decided to put some new wheels and few other mods to make mine feel somewhat new again (not the same-but it helps)! I have plans on getting a vette (might be a camaro for backseat,2 kids) this summer for a toy.

Ram has truly turned into a luxury truck!

The Camaro doesn't have a back seat! It has a torture chamber!!! lol I am keeping my G8 for that purpose and plan to build it up to have fun with. I can fit the whole family in it with comfort and it's still fast as heck!

Congrats Chris .. she is really nice!

Mongo likey!

I wish I had my G8 paid off so I can do the same. I could use a pickup. Wife wants me to sell the G8 and purchase one but I need my G8 fix every so often.

Love to see more outside pics and interior pics once you can provide them.

I was torn between Dodge and Chevy.

I would love to. I think you'll be amazed how far they've come. Even in the last few years... They've REALLY come a long way. The A8 trans is what really sold me on it.

On a side note, I saw the new GM trucks last night as well. Not nearly as bad in person, but I still prefer the looks of the RAM. I just wish it had an LS motor in it. :D

Chris

Yes it's a Sport 4x4 Crew Cab with the works. They've come a LONG way. I never sat in one until yesterday at the local car show. WOW! Super nice! :bow: The last 4 vehicles I've purchased, I never sat in until I took delivery of mine. lol

Wait until you drive it, it will put you back in the seat!:burnout:

That new Ram is sick, great choice man! now just give it some time and throw some twins on the G8 and call it a day ;) haha. Post some up when you get yours, plant is so close up here I should grab it and drive it down to ya!

I love that I'm able to give someone some work in the US. What are twins, because I'm not having anymore kids!

I'm planning on heads, cam, headers, full suspension, axles, intake, blah blah blah and depending on financials, a supercharger of some sort... :rockon:

Wait until you drive it, it will put you back in the seat!:burnout:

I got the 3.92 LSD differential too. Should be good! Not the G8, but something that can get out of its own way at least. 395bhp and 407lbft isn't bad!

Edited by Chewy

I love that I'm able to give someone some work in the US. That's one negative to the GM trucks IMO.

I got the 3.92 LSD differential too. Should be good! Not the G8, but something that can get out of its own way at least. 395bhp and 407lbft isn't bad!

Not bad at all!

I put a K & N CAI on mine runs great and sounds real good......:burnout:and changed to a Magnaflow muffler.:thumbsup: