Customer Service 866.965.0400

Who Here Still Uses a Pencil?

THE Mook

I have a few carpenter's pencils around the garage and in my office; they're mostly for making marks on wood that I'm measuring to cut. But occasionally I'll jot down a note or do some simple math with one.

I don't think there's a pencil sharpener in out house anymore; I use a boxcutter to sharpen the aforementioned pencils. :2thumbs:

At first I thought this might be a joke or something. Sadly I'm getting engineers fresh from school who seem to think they are obsolete tools also. Sometimes you need to sketch something out, or do some quick calcs.

I've got a cup full of pencils, right next to my mouse charger.

Hah, I just remembered, I have a hand drawn note reminding me to charge my mouse at night when it gets low so it will work the next day. So my pencil supports my mouse I guess.

Bruce

My wife sells office supplies so we've always got lots of stuff at home to choose from. She uses a retractable pencil for all her notes, shopping lists etc. I hate them. Every time I try to use it I put too much pressure on it and the end breaks off. I use pen for everyday use, but I think she hides them all to tee me off.

I was always surprised to see me pick up a pencil to use. I use both pens & pencils.

I like scribble down notes for work etc. Use it when working around the house remodeling etc. I also draw a lot so yeah why not use a pencil still.