Customer Service 866.965.0400

rapid reel/adams commercial hose, i love it!!

hemi1300

Question

Just got my new rapid reel tonight, received the adams 75' hose earlier this week. What a great setup, can't wait to try it out. This hose is definitely heavy duty, and the reel seems very well built. Went back and forth in my head if i wanted 75' or 100' hose. Wish i would have stuck with the 100', but by the looks of the reel i think it would hold another 50', to give me a total of 125', what do u guys think? The 75' is the perfect length to reach anywhere in my driveway, but thinking about adding the 50' to give me some additional length.

Lol, it does seem like a very well built reel. Love the 10 year no rust warranty. My current $90 hose reel cart from Home Depot is 2 years old and rusted to crap. As soon as I received the Adams hose I just had to order the rapid reel, just couldn't put this nice heavy duty hose on my piece o crap hose reel

Just got my new rapid reel tonight, received the adams 75' hose earlier this week. What a great setup, can't wait to try it out. This hose is definitely heavy duty, and the reel seems very well built. Went back and forth in my head if i wanted 75' or 100' hose. Wish i would have stuck with the 100', but by the looks of the reel i think it would hold another 50', to give me a total of 125', what do u guys think? The 75' is the perfect length to reach anywhere in my driveway, but thinking about adding the 50' to give me some additional length.

Thanks for sharing this.

I've been looking into getting a heavy duty hose reel ever since I got my Adam's 100' hose and in turn received a citation from my HOA regarding "loud hose color" :lol:

I guess sky blue is a little too loud for their tastes. Nevertheless this seems like the perfect solution to that problem, along with their hose cover

I'm contemplating between the portable model like yours or the wall mounted version shown here:

Wall Mount Garden Hose Reel - 150 ft - Rapid Reel

*Notice it does state in all 4 of the models (2 wall mounted and 2 portable) that all accept 100' of 3/4" hose, however on the actual specifications page it states "Hose capacities may vary depending on hose brand and style".

I see someone else on here got a version like yours:

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/general-detailing-discussion-questions/21312.htm

He states in post #5 "i have the 100' Adams hose and Rapid Reel. i had to get the extension kit so that the whole 100' fit on it."

So my question is to you:

Did you purchase the extension kit, or just the regular 1043 model? Or perhaps the 1043X model?

Please let me know as I'm going to order one of these ASAP

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply.

I figured it was the 1043X model.

Now I just have to figure if it'd be cheaper to purchase the 1043X model, or get the 1043 and the extension piece separately.

I'm gonna see what's cheaper, through Amazon or directly from the manufacturer.

Thanks again

*Just checked and the extension kit is $19.99, so there's really no difference.

Yeah, checked that out before ordering. Model 1043 is $205 plus the extension tube for $20, so really no cheaper

Did you order direct from the manufacturer?

How much was shipping?

Trying to gauge whether I should get this through Amazon. I have some gift cards to use there.

Yeah, ordered direct from rapid reel, shipping was a little ridiculous at $43, $268 total with shipping

Ok thanks, they only charge $19.99 for shipping through Amazon, looks like I'll be going through them

Yeah, ordered direct from rapid reel, shipping was a little ridiculous at $43, $268 total with shipping

I forgot to ask you, what is the diameter of the "feeder hose" that goes into the machine. I assume it's 5/8", even though it has been mentioned in reviews the inner brass fittings are 3/4'' fittings. I'm just worried about pressure loss going from the 5/8" feeder hose to the 3/4" Adam's hose.

Thanks

Yes, it is a 5/8" feeder hose that comes with the rapid reel. Emailed rapid reel about it, and they responded that a 3/4" feeder hose could be used, and that they plan on having that option on their site soon-a 3/4" feeder hose. I'm not too worried about it right now, couldn't seem to find a 12' or so 3/4" hose at my local home depot

Yes, it is a 5/8" feeder hose that comes with the rapid reel. Emailed rapid reel about it, and they responded that a 3/4" feeder hose could be used, and that they plan on having that option on their site soon-a 3/4" feeder hose. I'm not too worried about it right now, couldn't seem to find a 12' or so 3/4" hose at my local home depot

Actually, would it really make a difference? Most houses have 1/2" plumbing leading to the hose bib.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Got the hose cart at SAMs a few years ago. It was only $69 and has a basket under it to keep random stuff. It's been thru a couple hundred washes and tons of other yard work and pressure washing over it's life and still works. I have a dripping leak at the inlet from the spigot where the hose reel spins but for the $ I won't complain. May buy another since I'm pretty sure I can't repair this one. Neighbor has worked as a plumber at same company for over 30 years.... He looked at it and said 'yup... That's a proprietary fittin' lol.

Just food for thought for those who don't want to drop $200+ on a hose reel that's on wheels. This one has 8" pneumatic tires btw.

Edited by KicktoTheJunk

Thanks for the reply.

I'm going to see if I can find a place that sells the 3/4" hose in cut to fit lengths. Maybe I'll just contact Goodyear, since they are the manufacturer of the Adam's hose. I'm leaning towards the wall mounted version, so I'd only need like a 5' hose.

Actually, would it really make a difference? Most houses have 1/2" plumbing leading to the hose bib.

I thought the same thing when I had my Suncast hose reel ([ame=http://www.amazon.com/Suncast-RSW125D-Wicker-125-Foot-Capacity/dp/B00354QT9O/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1360569460&sr=8-4&keywords=suncast+hose+reel]this one[/ame]) and it turned out the feeder hose drastically reduced the volume and pressure of water coming out of the hose. I believe the feeder hose was a 1/2'' hose going to the standard 5/8" Lowe's hose I had at the time. It made a big difference.

I have been looking at putting some money aside to buy the adams hose and one of these reels as well. I wonder if we contacted one of the adams team members about the feeder hose, if they could just custom cut lengths for us, or cut a specific length and sell it as a feeder hose.

I have been looking at putting some money aside to buy the adams hose and one of these reels as well. I wonder if we contacted one of the adams team members about the feeder hose, if they could just custom cut lengths for us, or cut a specific length and sell it as a feeder hose.

Or how about Adam's offering a hose reel for us? ;)

Good idea, but I don't know if it'd be cost efficient for them to do so IMO

Or how about Adam's offering a hose reel for us? ;)

:D

It'd be awesome if they did. This Eley hose reel seems to be the best one on the market.

That was going to be one of the other comments I was going to leave. I am surprised they haven't teamed up with those guys yet.

I'd imagine it's due to the fact these are unfortunately Made in China :(

But it's the 10 year warranty that allows me to look past that factor.