Customer Service 866.965.0400

rapid reel/adams commercial hose, i love it!!

hemi1300

Question

Just got my new rapid reel tonight, received the adams 75' hose earlier this week. What a great setup, can't wait to try it out. This hose is definitely heavy duty, and the reel seems very well built. Went back and forth in my head if i wanted 75' or 100' hose. Wish i would have stuck with the 100', but by the looks of the reel i think it would hold another 50', to give me a total of 125', what do u guys think? The 75' is the perfect length to reach anywhere in my driveway, but thinking about adding the 50' to give me some additional length.

Good idea, but I don't know if it'd be cost efficient for them to do so IMO

:D

It'd be awesome if they did. This Eley hose reel seems to be the best one on the market.

I'd imagine it's due to the fact these are unfortunately Made in China :(

But it's the 10 year warranty that allows me to look past that factor.

Me too, don't like the fact that it's made in china but is by far the best reels I could find in my research. A 10 year warranty against rust alone is worth it to me. Maybe in the near future Adams will come out with a reel for their monster commercial hose

Yes, it is a 5/8" feeder hose that comes with the rapid reel. Emailed rapid reel about it, and they responded that a 3/4" feeder hose could be used, and that they plan on having that option on their site soon-a 3/4" feeder hose. I'm not too worried about it right now, couldn't seem to find a 12' or so 3/4" hose at my local home depot

I really would not stress over the 5/8" feeder hose, BECAUSE........ Most domestic water pipes feeding a spigot is 1/2" pipe PLUS the spigot it self is sized smaller than the 3/4" hose.

I am thinking about buying a 100 foot 3/4" hose for the extra volume of water but I think the water pressure will be reduced due to the length and diameter of the hose....... Any reviews about pressure at the hose end from the 3/4" hose owners?

A wall mounted Rapid Reel is on order because I am tired of these POS hose reels from Home Cheapo or Blows that fail in less than three years.

I really would not stress over the 5/8" feeder hose, BECAUSE........ Most domestic water pipes feeding a spigot is 1/2" pipe PLUS the spigot it self is sized smaller than the 3/4" hose.

I am thinking about buying a 100 foot 3/4" hose for the extra volume of water but I think the water pressure will be reduced due to the length and diameter of the hose....... Any reviews about pressure at the hose end from the 3/4" hose owners?

A wall mounted Rapid Reel is on order because I am tired of these POS hose reels from Home Cheapo or Blows that fail in less than three years.

I have the 100' Adam's hose and I can tell you personally my water pressure went up. I can notice a difference from my 5/8" Costco hose to my 3/4" Adam's hose big time. I have the fire hose nozzle, the brass shut off valve, as well as the quick disconnects from Adam's.

I noticed a decent improvement with water pressure using the Adams hose vs my old 5/8 hose, but not really a dramatic improvement, water pressure at my house has always sucked though. Wife and I are looking into building a house soon and my plan is to purchase a wall mount rapid reel for the garage (gonna have a spigot installed in the garage) to use with my Adams hose, and then use the Mobil 2 wheel cart with the eley 225' hose for around the house, can't wait lol