Customer Service 866.965.0400

Got the wife a new ride

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Guest Gone & Forgotten

2012 Chrysler 300

11k miles

No more Mustang. Hated that car. We wanted a C6 Corvette since we miss our C5 we had a couple years ago, but she's 51 and I'm turning 42 on Tuesday - this thing seemed to fit our 'around town' lifestyle better.

Once the weather eases up here - I'll be working on this one. Now I have 2 black vehicles.. this thing and my 2012 Silverado Ext. Cab. I'm a glutton for punishment - or a masochist. Can't figure out which.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Thanks all, it's a 300 Base. Not a C or S or SRT8. Is a v6 with a few extras. It would stomp the Mustang we traded in. The 210HP Mustang held its own when you needed a quick kick of pull-out-power... But it was clunky and rattled in the front end over the less than perfect roads we have here.

The 300 made me grab the wheel with both hands when I stomped it last night on Countess Rd (Len knows). Had it to 110 from Moores Mill to the 90 turn into Countess and that's about 1/5th of a mile.

The giant screen isn't the nav. Didn't get that upgrade. It's just an 8.4" touch screen that controls entertainment, climate and some other stuff. Hard buttons and dials exist under the screen for climate and radio.

I've feared dodge for about 10 years now but after driving this one... All we say is wow. So smooth. 8 speed automatic is sweet too. The ambient lighting is classy.

We were looking for a vette.

Got this for $20k. V8 would have been 9k more for used with similar mileage.

Looking for a flex and some products I don't have now like the cart, seat, quick sealant. Etc.

Weather needs to clear up here. Getting that fever. I washed an employees car in the rain the other day.... I love detailin' I got a $&@$ problem!! (Hip hop reference for you old farts) lol... Can't talk much, I turn 42 Tues.

Guest Gone & Forgotten
S is s 'sport' version. C has the 5.7 v8

Are there any active 300 forums or can you recommend some decent online resources for a 300 noob?

Looked at few and they either didn't seem very active, catered more to hemi owners or were snobbish toward new owners.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Gone & Forgotten

It's like driving while sitting in lotion. Gotta chrome up the wheels and do light tint work... Bazooka in the back for supplemental low end. Add a backup cam to the stock system. The nav is an $1800 upgrade... Not worth it. Just got a push to start key fobik off eBay and had the dealer cut the key and program the fob. Only came with 1. Fobik off eBay was $50. Dealer got $50. Oh well.

Are there any active 300 forums or can you recommend some decent online resources for a 300 noob?

Looked at few and they either didn't seem very active, catered more to hemi owners or were snobbish toward new owners.

lxforums.com is a nice place to hang out

Guest Gone & Forgotten

300 forums is like a ghost town.

Lx has action....srt8 action.

Shoulda had a v8. Lol