Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's SVRT vs Itself!

ihaveacamaro

Question

Confused? I hope you are because now I get to explain :lolsmack:

I took one of my tires and tested how well SVRT would stack up against itself if it was layered once, twice and thrice.

When I asked Dylan about this, here is how he responded: (Dylan I really hope you don't mind me quoting you in these reviews ;))

Multiple coats will shine more BUT after a few coats the additional coats don't bond, so when it gets wet you'll lose some of the additional shine.

Its not really designed to 'stack' though it will let you get to a few layers.

Anyways, anyone who knows me, knows that I like to do my testing... so with that said, let the testing begin!

Day 1 PREP:

Clean but undressed tire:

picture.php?albumid=12338&pictureid=96729

picture.php?albumid=12338&pictureid=96725

picture.php?albumid=12338&pictureid=96726

picture.php?albumid=12338&pictureid=96728

I'm going to use this applicator to apply the SVRT:

448.jpg

Day 4:

20130122_105959-1024x768.jpg

20130122_110009-768x1024.jpg

20130122_110021-768x1024.jpg

Day 11:

1-1024x768.jpg

2-1024x768.jpg

Day 20 Update:

NOTE: I forgot to take a picture of SVRT 3 Layers vs 2 Layers. My bad. In day 22 update, I have the full set of pictures.

Day-20-Pic-1-1024x768.jpg

Day 22 Update:

NOTE: Close-ups don't tell the whole story. It may seem very matte close up, but all the tires look very close to the below picture, which I would categorize more as a satin finish (in between matte and glossy).

Day-22-Pic-6-1024x768.jpg

Day-22-Pic-1-1024x768.jpg

Day-22-Pic-2-1024x768.jpg

Very cool test! Looks like ill be layering my SVRT. how long did you wait between coats?

Thank you!

really? To me it seems like layering it is a waste of time. 1 layer seems to do about 85% as good as 3 layers.

About 20 to 30 minutes :)

yeah i like the extra gloss, and laying down another coat takes all of 5 minutes. i think its worth it.

Fair enough :2thumbs:

Although, again all in my opinion, I think it would be more worth it to layer again every week rather than do 2 layers on top of each other at the same time.

... Unless of course you were going to layer it twice every week :lolsmack:

:jester:

I always do two layers, not for shine, but for a more even coverage, seems like 1 layer leaves splotches after it sits 20-30 minutes.

That seems like a very valid reason to do 2 layers :iagree:

Nicely done test. One question: does the car get garaged at night?

Thank you, and ah yes, you bring up a good point that I had forgotten.

This is my daily driver, hell it's my only form of transport. I put right around the avg amount of miles on it (1,000 miles a month) and no it is not garaged. Doesn't fit :(

Thank you for bringing that up!

so let me get this straight...you haven't washed your car in 22 days? how do you sleep at night? :willy:

How did you get to that conclusion?

I wash my car at least 3 times a week! I use a waterless/rinseless product and so I can clean my wheels and paint, without touching my tires. Perfect testing conditions to test the dressing without introducing chemicals that could strip the dressing off :)

How did you get to that conclusion?

I wash my car at least 3 times a week! I use a waterless/rinseless product and so I can clean my wheels and paint, without touching my tires. Perfect testing conditions to test the dressing without introducing chemicals that could strip the dressing off :)

:thumbsup: gotcha. I'm wash-deprived and I know I can't sleep cuz I haven't washed mine in 3 weeks :help: It must also affect my critical thinking abilities.

That seems like a very valid reason to do 2 layers :iagree:

Thank you, and ah yes, you bring up a good point that I had forgotten.

This is my daily driver, hell it's my only form of transport. I put right around the avg amount of miles on it (1,000 miles a month) and no it is not garaged. Doesn't fit :(

Thank you for bringing that up!

That really makes the results all the more impressive -- 22 days in the florida sun, and you can still see very noticable results -- even from just 1 coat. Nice. :thumbsup:

i just purchased a bottle of this.... im curious on how the durability is on my trims....

In the video, they said it is no big deal if it gets on paint, it wipes right off, sold me.

So i hope it is the truth... because when i apply trim dressing, even when u are super be careful, u still get it on the paint and, when u wipe it off, it smears even more, causing to wipe even more.

Les see how this SVRT stands out from the crowd....

i just purchased a bottle of this.... im curious on how the durability is on my trims....

In the video, they said it is no big deal if it gets on paint, it wipes right off, sold me.

So i hope it is the truth... because when i apply trim dressing, even when u are super be careful, u still get it on the paint and, when u wipe it off, it smears even more, causing to wipe even more.

I wouldn't say it wipes right off, but it isn't hard to wipe off.

I really like it because it really is water resistant. A very cool thing for trim if you ask me :)

Ivan,

It does take a little effort to remove from paint and glass, but it's not as hard as other brands. I like to use a small shot of detail spray on my rag to assist with removal.

I have been a Ultima fan for a while now.

I usually use UTTG for all my trims and what not, and applying it to small places, such as weather stripping i use a small paint brush, and i still do get it on the paint sometimes, it is oily, and greasy, but it lasts a long time....

I bought the SVRT for quick work, easy wipe off they say lol

I have been a Ultima fan for a while now.

I usually use UTTG for all my trims and what not, and applying it to small places, such as weather stripping i use a small paint brush, and i still do get it on the paint sometimes, it is oily, and greasy, but it lasts a long time....

I bought the SVRT for quick work, easy wipe off they say lol

Ivan - Wiping it off the paint or glass wont be a problem, but I would be very surpised if its even close to UTTG's durability on trim. Please report back with your results :thumbsup: