Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's SVRT vs Itself!

ihaveacamaro

Question

Confused? I hope you are because now I get to explain :lolsmack:

I took one of my tires and tested how well SVRT would stack up against itself if it was layered once, twice and thrice.

When I asked Dylan about this, here is how he responded: (Dylan I really hope you don't mind me quoting you in these reviews ;))

Multiple coats will shine more BUT after a few coats the additional coats don't bond, so when it gets wet you'll lose some of the additional shine.

Its not really designed to 'stack' though it will let you get to a few layers.

Anyways, anyone who knows me, knows that I like to do my testing... so with that said, let the testing begin!

Day 1 PREP:

Clean but undressed tire:

picture.php?albumid=12338&pictureid=96729

picture.php?albumid=12338&pictureid=96725

picture.php?albumid=12338&pictureid=96726

picture.php?albumid=12338&pictureid=96728

I'm going to use this applicator to apply the SVRT:

448.jpg

Day 4:

20130122_105959-1024x768.jpg

20130122_110009-768x1024.jpg

20130122_110021-768x1024.jpg

Day 11:

1-1024x768.jpg

2-1024x768.jpg

Day 20 Update:

NOTE: I forgot to take a picture of SVRT 3 Layers vs 2 Layers. My bad. In day 22 update, I have the full set of pictures.

Day-20-Pic-1-1024x768.jpg

Day 22 Update:

NOTE: Close-ups don't tell the whole story. It may seem very matte close up, but all the tires look very close to the below picture, which I would categorize more as a satin finish (in between matte and glossy).

Day-22-Pic-6-1024x768.jpg

Day-22-Pic-1-1024x768.jpg

Day-22-Pic-2-1024x768.jpg

Awesome Dylan, thats what i am after!!!

How long does it usually last on the trims/rubbers?

Since it is water resistant, it should do well even after being washed?

all depends on the trim... we've had some reports of it not sticking to hyundia trim, but other people report it has no problem bonding on things like chevy trucks.

Keep in mind the one thing it has going for it is its WATER BASED... but because of that it does sacrifice a little of the longevity. Its far more durable than any other water based dressing I've ever used, but it does have its limits while sticking to that formulation.

all depends on the trim... we've had some reports of it not sticking to hyundia trim, but other people report it has no problem bonding on things like chevy trucks.

Keep in mind the one thing it has going for it is its WATER BASED... but because of that it does sacrifice a little of the longevity. Its far more durable than any other water based dressing I've ever used, but it does have its limits while sticking to that formulation.

Dylan brings up a great point here.

Ivan, you know I have tons of products, and I have found that it lasts as long (or longer) as pretty much any water-based product. In my experience, I reapply about every 3 to 4 weeks. That's a DD in the Florida sun too!

Two things that I love about it on trim:

1) Water repellant. Not sure how it's water based and water repellant, but it is both somehow.

2) It works great to use before polishing, because when you have polish splatter and dust all over the trim, a simple wipe with a rinseless solution will take it off. It makes it very easy for polish removal, and I no longer tape up trim much at all. Some cases, I will make exceptions though.