Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ever consider USPS shipping?

For small orders like the double soft daily special today, I bet they could package the towels for under 13 oz and USPS first class would only be $3 or so. $8 FedEx shipping for just towels would keep me from ordering them when they would be the only thing in the order. Just a suggestion and I have never weighed the towels but I would think they would be 13 oz or less. Would also be good if you need an order of just applicators or something. Not to mention USPS first class normally takes just 2 days.

I know what your saying, but I also think the flat rate helps with the handling cost. I do agree that with most of the daily specials not being able to stack them up at least for five days is a bummer. Personally I think I would purchase more of the specials if you could stack them.

Edit: To stack them you would still have to put them in your cart the day that they were on special.

Edited by BluedogGMC

i think the flat rate 7.50 from fed ex was more then enough! I ordered 2 gallons of car wash shampoo, 2 five gallon buckets with grit guards, a bunch of towels and other cleaners, all of that shipped for 7.50$.

I understand that you dont want to order one thing and pay 7.50 for shipping, but you need to save until you need a few things. Even if you need the daily special but dont need anything else, id pass up on it until you need some other things, to save on shipping. Unless the benefit of the daily special outweighs the shipping cost.

Also it keeps cost down for adams, (and in turn keeps cost down for us) by only having to deal with fed ex. If you start adding other boxes, and other companies into the mix its going to get more involved for the shipping department possibly driving up cost for everyone. (customers and adams.)

Usually what i do is wait until i need the weekly special, then every weekday watch the daily specials. When a daily pops up that i need ill order the daily and weekly special in one shot.

For small orders like the double soft daily special today, I bet they could package the towels for under 13 oz and USPS first class would only be $3 or so. $8 FedEx shipping for just towels would keep me from ordering them when they would be the only thing in the order. Just a suggestion and I have never weighed the towels but I would think they would be 13 oz or less. Would also be good if you need an order of just applicators or something. Not to mention USPS first class normally takes just 2 days.

We actually used to offer a combination USPS service called SmartPost... delivery timeframes were 7-10 business days and it got more complaints than any other shipping method we've ever used.

Like most things in this world - CHEAP SHIPPING AIN'T GOOD, AND GOOD SHIPPING AIN'T CHEAP! We still take a hit on the majority of orders sending things for $7.95

The average cost per shipment is a couple dollars more OUR COST, not even considering the double walled boxes, tape, packing material, or care our guys put into packing them.

We actually used to offer a combination USPS service called SmartPost... delivery timeframes were 7-10 business days and it got more complaints than any other shipping method we've ever used.

Like most things in this world - CHEAP SHIPPING AIN'T GOOD, AND GOOD SHIPPING AIN'T CHEAP! We still take a hit on the majority of orders sending things for $7.95

The average cost per shipment is a couple dollars more OUR COST, not even considering the double walled boxes, tape, packing material, or care our guys put into packing them.

I agree that $7.95 is an extremely good rate.

I also know that FedEx Smart Post and UPS Mail Innovations is slow because it adds 1-3 days depending on the post office.

I was just trying to say, for just towels and applicators which really don't require careful packing, would be perfect for USPS First Class. All I know is that if it was offered, I would have bought the daily special tonight.

Last year I shipped nearly 200 packages USPS first class. More than half arrived in 1-2 days, some were 3 days and maybe 5 of the 200 at most took a week and all were shipped for around $3 or less.

It was just a suggestion and I appreciate all that Adam's does.

7.95 is a great bargain even if it is for towels still a good deal. You get a tracking number and have to take into consideration about the cost of the packing materials themselves including labor as Dylan said!!!! Can't beat it in my book.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I would think the towels can be shipped in a bubble envelope and USPS first class includes tracking.

Again, I know $7.95 is awesome, but at least for me, I don't want to pay $7.95 on a $14.95 order. It's just my opinion.

I will still order from Adam's just not small orders. Speaking of orders, I have one arriving tomorrow :D.

Just double up or triple up on the daily specials! Then shipping is a steal.

Just remember when you bought 4 gallons of product and only paid $7.95 shipping and really stiffed Adams. This is time where they get a bit of that back.

And don't forget the mints!

Just double up or triple up on the daily specials! Then shipping is a steal.

Just remember when you bought 4 gallons of product and only paid $7.95 shipping and really stiffed Adams. This is time where they get a bit of that back.

And don't forget the mints!

lol, took the words out of my mouth. :bow:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I would think the towels can be shipped in a bubble envelope and USPS first class includes tracking.

Again, I know $7.95 is awesome, but at least for me, I don't want to pay $7.95 on a $14.95 order. It's just my opinion.

I will still order from Adam's just not small orders. Speaking of orders, I have one arriving tomorrow :D.

Thats also a way for adams to make you order more then just 1 thing. Making the daily special really wouldnt benefit adams that much if you bought 1 item and paid pennies to ship it.

I totally get what the OP is saying.

For light orders that aren't fragile, like today's Daily Special of double soft towels, USPS 1st class mail would be perfect. I use it all the time when I sell stuff on eBay and it gets to customers usually within 4 business days, from coast to coast.

If I remember right Smart Post wasn't that much cheaper. It also had the extended ship time. I had gotten a few items that way as I always chose the cheapest rate. The set $7.95 shipping had to be cheaper or the same price, as i immediately went with it. Maybe it was just quicker to arrive or that i could track it to a point. But it made the most sense.

With several people here doing this as a profession, they often need stuff ASAP and this is definitely better for them.

I totally get what the OP is saying.

For light orders that aren't fragile, like today's Daily Special of double soft towels, USPS 1st class mail would be perfect. I use it all the time when I sell stuff on eBay and it gets to customers usually within 4 business days, from coast to coast.

Thank you for understanding. I would think a lot more specials like these would be ordered if a cheaper USPS option was offered. And first class is a 2-3 day service which is quicker or the same as FedEx to me.

At the same time, I understand Adam's point of view and this was just a suggestion.

If I remember right Smart Post wasn't that much cheaper. It also had the extended ship time. I had gotten a few items that way as I always chose the cheapest rate. The set $7.95 shipping had to be cheaper or the same price, as i immediately went with it. Maybe it was just quicker to arrive or that i could track it to a point. But it made the most sense.

With several people here doing this as a profession, they often need stuff ASAP and this is definitely better for them.

I'm not talking about Smart Post though. I am talking 100% USPS from the start which is a 2-3 day service. I just thought it would be a decent idea for light weight non fragile items.

Thank you for understanding. I would think a lot more specials like these would be ordered if a cheaper USPS option was offered. And first class is a 2-3 day service which is quicker or the same as FedEx to me.

At the same time, I understand Adam's point of view and this was just a suggestion.

Yeah stuff like 4 oz bottles of Metal Polish, or other light weight, sub 13oz items would probably be in the $2-$4 max shipping range.

I love USPS 1st class shipping. It's super fast and cheap.

Yeah stuff like 4 oz bottles of Metal Polish, or other light weight, sub 13oz items would probably be in the $2-$4 max shipping range.

I love USPS 1st class shipping. It's super fast and cheap.

Yep, here is tracking on something that I paid $2 shipping on. I guess my point is that it could be a possibility. Unfortunately it looks like it won't happen, which I can understand.

First-Class Mail®

Expected Delivery By:

February 5, 2013

USPS Tracking / Delivery Confirmation™

Delivered

February 04, 2013, 3:53 pm

VOORHEES, NJ 08043

Out for Delivery

February 04, 2013, 10:48 am

VOORHEES, NJ 08043

Sorting Complete

February 04, 2013, 10:38 am

VOORHEES, NJ 08043

Arrival at Post Office

February 04, 2013, 5:02 am

VOORHEES, NJ 08043

Depart USPS Sort Facility

February 04, 2013

BELLMAWR, NJ 08031

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

February 04, 2013, 12:08 am

BELLMAWR, NJ 08031

Depart USPS Sort Facility

February 03, 2013

PHOENIX, AZ 85043

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility

February 02, 2013, 11:28 pm

PHOENIX, AZ 85043

Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility

February 02, 2013, 10:13 pm

PHOENIX, AZ 85053

Electronic Shipping Info Received

February 02, 2013

Shipment Accepted

February 02, 2013, 3:44 pm

PHOENIX, AZ 85053

FedEx has been dropping the ball in my area lately. All of my Adams packages arrive a day or 2 past the estimated delivery date. More importantly though, I frequently ship work items (small vials of chemicals) 150 miles down the road to our collaborator and even when I pay for priority overnight (i.e. guaranteed morning delivery) they still don't get there until late afternoon. Heaven forbid I ship ground and it takes 2 days to go 150 miles.

not happy with FedEx in the last 2 months...

I didn't hesitate to order the BOGO on the double soft special. The shipping cost was $7.86 for Fedex ground. I appreciate the reduced shipping costs from what they were. I would still order what I needed regardless. It's best to purchase the lighter items along with the daily special so you don't have to worry about paying the flat rate $7.95 to ship them. We are getting a great bargain when buying multiple heavy items. I bought a Flex upgrade kit along with the Adam's Americana detailers bag and it only cost me $7.95 to ship. It all balances out for me in the end.