Customer Service 866.965.0400

Water Blades

Nickefer

Question

I'm curious for what everyone's opinions are on water blades for aiding in drying a car.

I'm not opposed to using a blower as I have done before but it is just not convenient for me so that is out of the question.

I have the GWT and it's great, no complaints, just for the bulk of the water I'm considering a water blade then do my normal dry and buff with detail spray.

Thanks for the input guys.

I treat mine just like a fine MF towel or any other item that may touch the paint -- the blade is never rested on anything dirty or abrasive, it gets a shot of DS and a MF towel wipe before each use, (and after every few wipes) and I pay attention to the surface I'm about clear. I just use it for big, flat areas that were just washed, staying away from bumpers, lower panels, etc. Then I use DS and a waffle towel to finish the drying.

Like I've mentioned, it's never caused any damage. As with any item -- a towel, a polishing pad, a clay bar -- you just need to pay attention. Placing an orange pad on a slightly dirty surface and then using it on your hood could cause far more damage than a carelessly used water blade. :cheers: