Customer Service 866.965.0400

Chicago Auto Show.... Detail NIGHTMARE!

Vink70

EDIT: 2014 CORVETTE :) Went yesterday and first and foremost I will say everything I didn't like about it on the internet, I LOVED in person. Few things to tweak but still an amazing machine.

Biggest gripe, people man handling the paint. Touching it just to touch it. Kids rubbing their hands all over it for no reason. People getting pictures taken and their keys hitting it. I just couldn't believe it. I mean its like they have never seen paint before so they walk up and smear their hands all over it after eating a slice of pizza. Not to mention parents letting their kids run past the ropes and touch the roped off cars. I understand they are just demo show vehicles but there comes a point when you just don't let your kid touch a $130,000 Land Rover.

End Rant.

Also, the new Cruze Diesel is becoming more of an option for the fiance once she graduates. Need to really crunch the numbers since diesel is $1 more a gallon. Requires DEF fluid, Carries a price tag of about $4k more MSRP, and a few more mpgs than the gasser. Might be a tough sell but still a very nice car.

Edited by Vink70

Cadillac spent a lot of money "advertising" :) if you know what I mean! Some nice stuff there.

As for the show, there is some nice stuff there but at the same time there is a lot of bland cars that didnt appeal to me specifically. We were there from 11-4 but saw everything we wanted to see.

Went yesterday and first and foremost I will say everything I didn't like about it on the internet, I LOVED in person. Few things to tweak but still an amazing machine.

Biggest gripe, people man handling the paint. Touching it just to touch it. Kids rubbing their hands all over it for no reason. People getting pictures taken and their keys hitting it. I just couldn't believe it. I mean its like they have never seen paint before so they walk up and smear their hands all over it after eating a slice of pizza. Not to mention parents letting their kids run past the ropes and touch the roped off cars. I understand they are just demo show vehicles but there comes a point when you just don't let your kid touch a $130,000 Land Rover.

I'm lost. Just what car are we talking about here? :willy::jester:

Vincent

I learned this lesson about shows the hard way years ago. I put my 32 into the indoor show here in Cleveland years ago. You had to have carpet and ropes. I watched the guy parked behind me tape down his HEAVY chromed stands and asked him why. His answer was that the kids loved to play with them and parents didn't make them respect the vehicles. He suggested that I really tape down my plastic cheap ones. I did as he suggested. On Sunday afternoon I watched a kid pull my chain so far that the pole went completely towards the floor and then the kid let it go. Luckily the tape held or the pole would have flown into the car. When I yelled at the kid, the father wanted to fight me. It is amazing how the parents don't teach respect to their kids. I blame the parents. I have had kids step up on my running boards at a show during the summer and the parents don't say a thing. I have to teach the parents respect for what we have invested in our cars.

RANT over.

I hate to make the point but most of the people who were not watching their kids were foreign. They let them run rampant and touch everything. The best ones were that people would lean on the cars to get pictures with them. Or SET THEIR KIDS ON THE HOOD FOR A PICTURE! are you kidding me? you dont own it, you dont need to touch it.

"Look with your eyes, not your hands."

It amazes me that people who enjoy cars enough to come out to a show and take pics don't treat them (or the owner) with respect. You would think everyone would understand that stanchions are a barrier, but maybe you need to put up police/crime scene tape. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for getting kids excited about cars and letting them interact, but there's a proper time/place/manner for that.

I hate to make the point but most of the people who were not watching their kids were foreign. They let them run rampant and touch everything. The best ones were that people would lean on the cars to get pictures with them. Or SET THEIR KIDS ON THE HOOD FOR A PICTURE! are you kidding me? you dont own it, you dont need to touch it.

It's all walks of life....then you have to watch out for all those fat women with their huge hand bags & body rubbing against the car as they walk around....not a care in the world! :help:

Hey Tom....wow! very nice pic of your 32! :2thumbs:

Thanks Jerry, it was quite an experience being in an indoor show. A lot different than the summer shows outside, but didn't have to worry about the weather for the three days. LOL

It's a lot of work and you can see the tape over the post bases. Luckily it saved the car from the kids playing with the chains.