Customer Service 866.965.0400

New From Long Island,NY

REDMK6GLI

hey everyone, new to the forum here and looking forward to getting the best info on detailing my 2012 Tornado Red GLI for this upcoming show season. ive already ordered tons of adams products, minus the machine polishers as i dont feel comfortable as of now taking something to my clearcoat/paint that could potentially cause irreversible damage due to my inexperience. so to prevent it i have my friend who does the machine paint correction thats gonna do it so i can keep up with it after its been corrected.

quick list of what ive ordered already to keep my GLI looking top notch or atleast thats the idea....

-adams leather/interior car kit

-adams brilliant glaze

-adams leather/interior cleaner

-adams carpet/upholstery cleaner

-adams carpet cleaning brush

-adams super VRT

-adams all purpose cleaner

-adams americana detailers bag

-adams detail spray w/ 1 gallon refill

-adams car shampoo w/ 1 gallon refill

-adams basic wash&wax kit

-adams premium hand polish&car wax kit upgraded to americana paste wax

-and naturally all the hex grip applicators and micorfiber towels needed to do the upkeep properly

So hopefully this will be enough to get me started and keep my ride looking gleaming.

pictures of my GLI; btw more to be done come next month for show season ;)

740816_532947286735838_192386743_o_zpsddb75bfa.jpg

531953_384856304938832_1300247392_n.jpg

735733_242832162513714_210154912_o_zps005ab099.jpg

740348_10151216064716936_747994840_o_zpsa5dd0913.jpg

any tips and pointers to steer me in the right direction would be much appreciated, this is my pride and joy. :thumbsup:

welcome from cleveland. dont be afraid of using a machine. i was the same way, and there is nothing to worry about.

thanks for the welcome buddy!, which is the better performing machine polisher? the flex correct? ill take the plunge for it after i do some research on proper usage

thanks for the welcome buddy!, which is the better performing machine polisher? the flex correct? ill take the plunge for it after i do some research on proper usage

the flex is faster. i started with the Porter Cable. cant go wrong with either.

Don't be afraid of the machines. I just got the flex last month and never used one before. After about 5 minutes I felt totally comfortable with it and was even wishing I had a black car agin to work on. I did a ton of research and ended up buying the flex. I love detailing my cars but the quicker I can enjoy them the better and the flex wins in that area.

Well well, small world.

Sup Ryan,

I have both a regular :pc: and the flex, as long as you don't fall asleep while doing the polishing you should be fine ;)

Awesome! im still debating if i should get my own flex polisher and do it myself or just have my friend who professionally details/paint corrects. big decision for me....in the least i got everything pretty much afterwards to keep it immaculate though :D

Awesome! im still debating if i should get my own flex polisher and do it myself or just have my friend who professionally details/paint corrects. big decision for me....in the least i got everything pretty much afterwards to keep it immaculate though :D

Doing it yourself gives you the satisfaction, practice and experience aswell as saves you some cash. It Can get frustrating sometimes since it's a new thing to do but once you get the hang of it it comes more natural. I've detailed only a few times but I do better now than the first time.

I just have to stop doing the details in ****ty weather or in bad locations lol

Doing it yourself gives you the satisfaction, practice and experience aswell as saves you some cash. It Can get frustrating sometimes since it's a new thing to do but once you get the hang of it it comes more natural. I've detailed only a few times but I do better now than the first time.

I just have to stop doing the details in ****ty weather or in bad locations lol

Lol that would help. But thanks for the words of encouragement my friend

welcome from NJ.. We need this weather to go away so we can get out and detail :2thumbs:

thats the truth! the way its looking (meteorology is a hobby) we may have to wait till mid march to get some consistent spring weather from here on out for the show season....but heres to a great detailing season :cheers:

thats the truth! the way its looking (meteorology is a hobby) we may have to wait till mid march to get some consistent spring weather from here on out for the show season....but heres to a great detailing season :cheers:

:cheers: buddy

every day I look at the weather and wonder if im gunna wash and detail my car or not, and lately its snowed or rained every week .. such a ****ty feeling.. but we will be back out soon :xfingers: