Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Products vs. Non-Adam's Products: Real World Tests

Adam's team,

I am debating whether or not to purchase some other brand products to use side-by-side in real world tests against Adam's products. I was wondering if you guys would permit this, or if it is against forum rules? Essentially, I would be doing this to help you guys see what could be improved upon and what not. I know you guys take other brands and do testing yourselves, but you don't hear input on the forums from other members about their experiences compared to Adam's. For example, take MSS and BG and compare it to CG Blacklight hybrid glaze/sealant. Test durability, application, shine, etc.

Again, I just wanted to post this up to see if it violates the forum rules or if you guys would welcome this. If it's not allowed, I completely understand.

Very good idea but I think you know the answer. Honestly, Adams would have nothing to gain because 99% of the people here are buying Adams exclusively anyway. Should you have personal curiousity about other products and how they compare - I suggest you do some researching at other detailing forums as many people do this very same thing all the time. Of course you could always purchase the products and do the comparisons for your own satisfaction, that's what I do lol.

I am in no way disagreeing with the policy as it is perfectly within their right to do so.

Thank you for your interest in wanting to do that, however we have our own R&D team and Test team in place that does what you were describing and a few more things. Also keep in mind this forum is a direct support extension of our sales site, therefore naming competitor's products and such is against the rules.

If you have a suggestion for a new product please let us know in the threads we have active for it.

Thank You,

Mook

Thank you for your interest in wanting to do that, however we have our own R&D team and Test team in place that does what you were describing and a few more things. Also keep in mind this forum is a direct support extension of our sales site, therefore naming competitor's products and such is against the rules.

If you have a suggestion for a new product please let us know in the threads we have active for it.

Thank You,

Mook

Sounds good Mook. Just wanted to make sure!

I have come to the conclusion based on quite a bit of testing that Adam's makes good stuff. Even compared to some of the bigger guys out there!

However, no one brand makes the best of everything. I find it always nice to compare products on your own and not let others dictate how you feel about them. Then you can make your own decision about what products to buy in the future :)

I agree.

The thing I like the most with the Adams products is the simplicity to it. It is broken down real good. Green Polish with Green Pad,, Orange with Orange and so on. The website to order is Great. Always get Outstanding Customer Service when I have a question or issue. Can get on the chat line with Ashley or you have the crew on this forum. Can not beat it. Most of all when I first bought Adams, I emailed Adam, he responded back, then he had Dylan help me out. For that I use Adams products with 100% belief in them.

I used alot of products from a place in South Florida. But would not switch back after using Adams. Other Place had great Items, some overpriced I think. But I get great results from Adams line. Nothing like pulling up somewhere and have some ask, how did you get your car looking like that. Adams and some elbow power does wonders.

I guess it comes down to what one prefers...

:2thumbs::bow::patriot::pc:

In no way was this intended to be a shot at Adam's. I am among everyone here that LOVES the products and Adam's is the first REAL detailing product I've owned (we've all had OTC crap before this, admit it) plus the Customer Service is 2nd to NO ONE!

With that said. There are a few products that I would like to try that is not in the Adam's line.

In no way was this intended to be a shot at Adam's. I am among everyone here that LOVES the products and Adam's is the first REAL detailing product I've owned (we've all had OTC crap before this, admit it) plus the Customer Service is 2nd to NO ONE!

With that said. There are a few products that I would like to try that is not in the Adam's line.

What are you wanting us to develop for you?!

Mook

He's not alone. I found that the swirls on my wife's suburban laughed at Severe Swirl and Haze remover/Green pad/PC......I switched to another well known combination and had the whole truck knocked out in a weekend. I honestly haven't taken the Adams stuff out of the cabinet since. The flex might be the cats meow, but the PC was recommended for a beginner, which I am, so that's what I bought...turns out it was a bad choice so I adapted and got the job done. It's been hinted that there are other products in the works that will blow this well known combo away.....show us and prove it please. I really like most of the stuff I purchased, but no pun intended...the abrasives just don't cut it.

Mook

Just curious how strong of a compound is in the works approx strength of cg/meguiars 105/205? Also, I have come from Meguiars and very very rarely ever use anything but Adams anymore (really only when im out before an order comes in via my local Adam's store

)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

You need a Flex in your life, hombre! :pc:

This is where I disagree. You shouldn't "need" a forced rotation machine to do paint correction. Why should you when other companies make products that work very very well on a Porter Cable.

In my opinion, a Flex should be an optional tool to "expand" a detailer's arsenal, not one you have to rely on to do serious paint correction.

Maybe do the tests on your own and then send a write up to Dylan or Mook for their information. That way you know and they can choice toi use the info or ignore it. Nobody in the forum hears anything about the other products. Not everything needs to shared with anyone.

:iagree:

I was thinking the same,,, When I did my Sonata last weekend, I kept thinking there has to be a better or should I say a faster way to get this done and still get the stunning results. The PC was wearing my hands out. Now I can just use it for the 4" pads because___ Thanks God for Valentines Day, My car is happy now. FLex Upgrade Kit done and on the way. :banana::banana::banana::bow:

Edited by GaryW

The main one I'm pretty sure is in the works. That would be a compound. I find that it take too many repeat passes with the severe polish with a PC. At least for my liking that is.

I can understand your point and I've seen many on here voice for a more abrasive compound. I'm sure the team at Adam's have heard all voices and discussing their options.

Recently we attacked a neglected hood found at the wreckers with a PC with SSR, S&H and FMP. No sand paper, touch up paint or other-brand compounds were used. Solely Adam's!

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/australia/21463.htm

Max passes were 6 with SRR (take in to consideration the initial condition of the hood)

:pc:It can be done with the might PC! :)

This is where I disagree. You shouldn't "need" a forced rotation machine to do paint correction. Why should you when other companies make products that work very very well on a Porter Cable.

In my opinion, a Flex should be an optional tool to "expand" a detailer's arsenal, not one you have to rely on to do serious paint correction.

Ok, let me change that to "You would really enjoy having a Flex in your life if you like to save time, product, and itchy fingers" hombre!

:2thumbs:

+1,000,000

I cringe when I see someone spend another $400 to upgrade to the flex because they were told they need it to get swirls out.

Rest assured if we are testing out some new polishes and compounds, if and when they come out, they will be the best in the category. I have been pleased so far with that we are working on, and at this point, we are just fine tuning them. :D

Choosing a machine is all personal choice/budget. Sure the Flex is more money, and the PC will do the job almost just the same, but the amount of time saved while using the Flex is huge in my opinion. I only bust out the PC to polish wheels with the 4" Backing Plate anymore. I would even say the Rupes polisher is okay, better than the PC, but not close to the Flex 3401VRG. That thing is like what, $400?

The thing is, I could spend $400 on a Flex kit or $30 on a compound and save just as much time. Cost-benefit doesn't really balance there. Lol.

I would like to get a Flex in the future to save additional time.

I can understand your point and I've seen many on here voice for a more abrasive compound. I'm sure the team at Adam's have heard all voices and discussing their options.

Recently we attacked a neglected hood found at the wreckers with a PC with SSR, S&H and FMP. No sand paper, touch up paint or other-brand compounds were used. Solely Adam's!

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/australia/21463.htm

Max passes were 6 with SRR (take in to consideration the initial condition of the hood)

:pc:It can be done with the might PC! :)

Absolutely you can get the job done w/ the current lineup of polishes. However, I find that 6 passes is excessive when I can use another product where I can get the same results in 2-3 passes. I don't want to spend an entire week polishing a vehicle having to do 6 passes of SSHR and another 4 of SHR, and then a couple more of FMP.

I have found that a certain compound (not to be named) followed by FMP is a better performer than that certain compound plus the polish that is supposed to follow it. The FMP finishes a lot better than the other product.

I hope that Adam's DOES come out w/ a compound soon so that I can test that compared to the other compound I have been using.

So, hurry up w/ that fine tuning Mook!:thumbsup:

There are so many sides to this conversation , this will never end.

I will start with simple facts.

Pc is a great tool.

Flex is faster, easier to handle and more efficient compared to the pc.

If you have a pc and think all should be accomplished by it, then you have a lot of practice ahead of you.

The current Adams line is not set up for body shop style polishing. It's for care care.

I am all for something more aggressive. And I know whenever Adams releases something to this nature, it will be amazing and beyond the competition's product.

I just love it when things are stated as absolutes......everyone lives by their own set of "truths" it seems and here are some of mine:

1. The PC is the recommended tool for beginners, which I was.

1a. I feel that people are misled into believing that the PC can accomplish more than reality shows with Adams abrasives in a timely manor.

2. It, the PC, is inadequate to correct more than minor swirls in a timely fashion when using Adams abrasives. Yes it can probably be done...not arguing that point at all, but I need to detail my vehicles in a weekend and not a month.

3. The flex is a wonderful tool, I assume, and is capable of much better/faster correction due to it's forced rotation. Had I been steered this way I would have probably purchased one.

4. The PC can correct any defect that a flex can given the right combination of products in nearly the same amount of time that the PC/Adams combination can.

5. Care car includes correcting more severe swirls/scratches if your car isn't a garage queen. I buy my vehicles to drive, not look at and play with, and whether I like it or not such damage occurs.

There are so many sides to this conversation , this will never end.

I will start with simple facts.

Pc is a great tool.

Flex is faster, easier to handle and more efficient compared to the pc.

If you have a pc and think all should be accomplished by it, then you have a lot of practice ahead of you.

The current Adams line is not set up for body shop style polishing. It's for care care.

I am all for something more aggressive. And I know whenever Adams releases something to this nature, it will be amazing and beyond the competition's product.