Customer Service 866.965.0400

...I'm Denver bound on a train

Schwag one

Just as the title says; my wife, daughter and I are going to Denver to visit some friends. They've wanted us to come out for a long time, but we've been so busy. So my wife got this grand ol idea to take the train since neither one of us have ever ridden one. The train left Galesberg, IL at 4:38 and will be in Denver at 7:45am . I have to say so far this is awesome, the seats have so much room, drinks are cheaper, people are more friendly, the downside is the time of arrival. The funny thing, the train was only $200 less than a flight. But I would definitely do this again. What is everyone else train experience? And I don't mean subway :)

I've taken the train from Chicago to Waterloo, IN a handful of times. $32 for a one way trip, can't beat the price!

All the room is great, and for the most part, time spent traveling very closely mirrors how long it would take to drive. If you aren't traveling under a huge time crunch and are looking to save some money, do it!

Overnight trains are very cool and much less stressful the driving! We went from FL to NY many years ago, but my most recent long train trip was from Paris to Milan, over the Italian Alps. We were 6 in a 'couchette' and it was like sleeping on shelves, but the kids loved it!

When we decided we wanted to go, we didn't want to be the ones with screaming 3 year old. The drive is unbearable with a 3 year old as she would have to stay on the car seat the whole time, so the train was a pretty good fit and so far it's awesome. I would completely do this again.

Wow you guys all had better train experiences than I have! Took the train one time from Denver to Buffalo NY. I had a coach seat the whole way. After 2.5 days that seat didn't feel so large. On top of that I had a window that leaked the whole time. This was many years ago so maybe things have changed? Seems like now if you keep your eye out you can find flight sales and get cheaper fares than train tickets.

Sorry folks, but I wasn't able to make it to see the warehouse or meet anyone. I really appreciate the offer. We got in on Saturday morning, layer around at our friends house for a few hours, then went to see the red rock theater. I would love to see a concer there. After the red rocks, we went downtown. Sunday we went to the aquarium and just messed around. Monday we went to this really cool brewery downtown. It was awesome, I have to find a receipt to get the name. But it was huge, the ceiling looking like the inside of a barrel. I'll get some pictures up when I get home