Customer Service 866.965.0400

Which Bissell to Buy?

teamcrossworks

Question

21 answers to this question

I bought the spot clean pro last week. I think it arrives on Tuesday. If you hold off I can give you my opinion. I bought it because it seemed pretty powerful and I figured I could just add hot water to the tank and go without the heater.

I have the Auto ProHeat, I fill it with hot water and it has pretty good suction.

I'm pretty sure Dylan has one too. I recall seeing a picture of it in his garage maybe?

I love mine. It works great, gets the job done.

This is with 1 pass on a 2001 Alero that was Neglected. Used Adam's Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner and hot Water only.

198066_10151274526577593_2145582899_n.jpg

68644_10151274526872593_1580363247_n.jpg

I have the auto pro heat also. I think it works pretty well, I always fill it with hot water too. However during a recent puppy sitting session I left it ready to go, so obviously the water got cold. I plugged it in to use it and the water was hot in just a few minutes. I was actually kinda pleasantly surprised at that.

I have this one from Bissell:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/BISSELL-Little-PROheat-Cleaner-50Y6/dp/B005DNOZEG/ref=sr_1_4?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1361001009&sr=1-4&keywords=bissell+auto+care+proheat]Amazon.com: BISSELL Little Green PROheat Deep Reach Spot Cleaner, Bright White, 50Y6: Home & Kitchen[/ame]

I like this one because it comes with the turbo nozzle, it's sturdier than the smaller nozzle, I never use the auto brush feature because it stinks, but it's bulkier and I get better performance out of this brush head.

I put a pot of water on the stove and get it to a boil, then fill the tank up and use it with really hot water. I've found it works a lot better than the crappy heater on the unit.

I've gotten great results with this and Adam's C&U cleaner.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Lurking.

I couldn't afford the master blaster vacuum, so I bought a wall mounted one for my garage off woot for $99. I love love this vacuum. To the point I want to buy another one and buy extension hoses for the house and mount it in our laundry room. (all hardwood/tile).

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/BISSELL-Garage-Complete-Wall-Mounting-18P03/dp/B003R3JFJO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1361032260&sr=8-3&keywords=hoover+wall+mount+garage+vacuum]Amazon.com: BISSELL Garage Pro Wet/Dry Vacuum Complete Wall-Mounting System, 18P03: Home & Kitchen[/ame]

I know it's slightly off topic but... Had to pass on how good this vacuum is for a detailer. I cracked one of the included hose wands and they sent me another, no questions in 3 days. I don't use them. I use the shop vac brand wands.

Edited by KicktoTheJunk

The problem is that Bissell is notorious to have heating problems when they first come out with new products. The Auto Pro and the Green had problems with heaters going out when it first came out but they fixed the problem. The Spot one hasn't really be out long enough to know if it has the same problems as the other mini cleaners.

When I bought mine all of the older reviews talked about heating problems while the newer reviews were all positive.

Just a tip I wouldn't go off of one persons review after a one time use. Read reviews on Amazon and what not. The little Green Bissell is the same as the Auto Pro Heat.

That's why I am on here asking for feedback. Though I certainly read the reviews on Amazon, I feel we are similar beings here on this Forum and so will put more creditability on say Tony's opinion than someone from the Amazon customer base.

The problem is that Bissell is notorious to have heating problems when they first come out with new products. The Auto Pro and the Green had problems with heaters going out when it first came out but they fixed the problem.

Like Tony I felt really hot water could just be added before using so the heater feature wouldn't be as important as greater suction.

These reviews are about the same. I guess it will boil down to personal preference. I chose the spot bot because it seemed the reviews said it had great suction.

Great suction always seem to work for me...LOL

The problem is that Bissell is notorious to have heating problems when they first come out with new products. The Auto Pro and the Green had problems with heaters going out when it first came out but they fixed the problem. The Spot one hasn't really be out long enough to know if it has the same problems as the other mini cleaners.

When I bought mine all of the older reviews talked about heating problems while the newer reviews were all positive.

I would think that if they had design flaws (heating) initially with other products they wouldn't keep doing the same. :lolsmack: I would think that they would have learned from previous experience and implemented those adjustments into their newer products.

Edited by LFairbanks

I would think that if they had design flaws (heating) initially with other products they wouldn't keep doing the same. :lolsmack: I would think that they would have learned from previous experience and implemented those adjustments into their newer products.

Which is another reason I opted for the newer spot bot. Kinda like new detail spray vs old!

I may have Bissell envy...

:2thumbs:

Let us know what you think.

More pictures would be good too. Thx

I like it so far. Excellent suction, motor sounds like a mini jet engine. Long cord. One big brush, one small brush. Clear tanks so you can see everything. Cleaner smells great! Removed two old stains on off white Berber carpet with no real effort. quruju2y.jpguzy2ydaj.jpgu3asaben.jpg

I have a Green Machine and it works well for my needs (occasional MINOR stain, once a year cleaning after the winter) you can buy them for a fair price at Costco or get a 20% off at Bed Bugs and Beyond......... Nothing will beat a pro extractor but the GM is a fraction of the price of a extractor.

I agree with heating the hot water because the hotter the water is the better the cleaning.

Huge Tip! Use a shop vac first to vac up the loose debris THEN Pre treat the "stand out stains" and get the cleaning action going with a brush PRIOR to the start of your machine cleaning.

I have bissell spot clean http://cleanthiscarpet.com/bissell-spotclean-professional-best-portable-carpet-cleaner

I like this one because it comes with the turbo nozzle, it's sturdier than the smaller nozzle, I never use the auto brush feature because it stinks, but it's bulkier and I get better performance out of this brush head.

I put a pot of water on the stove and get it to a boil, then fill the tank up and use it with really hot water. I've found it works a lot better than the crappy heater on the unit.