Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ultra Ever-Dry Liquid Repellent Coating

J.greenroyd

I think I saw this pop up a few days ago.

Unfortunately, if you notice it changes the look of the materials its applied to. Most noticable on the boots. We reached out to a company that specializes in this stuff and were pretty much told for the reasons we'd want it (car care) it probably wouldn't make sense b/c the aesthetic changes.

that's pretty awesome, but wouldn't be good for vehicle paint. notice the bold print says it dries a translucent white. and it ain't cheap!

has anyone used this before? how far does a quart of it go?

would make sense in wheel wells for work trucks or ATVs that see a lot of off-road driving

Edited by 2010TexasEdition

I have been following super hydrophobic coatings for the last 2-3 years. Its a VERY cool technology! Unfortunately its on the uber expensive side, and it changes the appearance of some things its applied to. Heck if it was cheaper one could in theory coat the roof of your house and never have to worry about leaks again. You'd have the one dry roof on the block after a rain storm :D There are a million uses for products like this, but it still needs to be perfected IMO.

I have been following super hydrophobic coatings for the last 2-3 years. Its a VERY cool technology! Unfortunately its on the uber expensive side, and it changes the appearance of some things its applied to. Heck if it was cheaper one could in theory coat the roof of your house and never have to worry about leaks again. You'd have the one dry roof on the block after a rain storm :D There are a million uses for products like this, but it still needs to be perfected IMO.

or dip the dog in it so they don't track mud in the house!!! :willy: