Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pet Hair Everywhere!

Z71_Denali

Question

wish i could help you out but I deal with the same stuff with my 2 labs. these cloth seats suck when it comes to vacuuming them and the carpet as well

Jeff, I take it by you name that you also have a Sierra. I have a 2013 with the cloth seats and they are a bear to keep clean. I don't even have a pet and half the time it looks like I have had a white cat in my truck. The material that they use is a magnet for anything and everything.

I have not found any tricks to help keep it clean yet.

I have black cloth seats in my 2008 silverado and i have trouble getting the hair out, a couple times I have gotten to the point where i wrap my hand in packing tape(sticky side out of course) and vaccum with one hand and pat the carpet with the other.

Jeff, I take it by you name that you also have a Sierra. I have a 2013 with the cloth seats and they are a bear to keep clean. I don't even have a pet and half the time it looks like I have had a white cat in my truck. The material that they use is a magnet for anything and everything.

I have not found any tricks to help keep it clean yet.

i honestly thought they fixed the seats b/c i know that GM was replacing the seats for 08's for warranty and then stopped. i guess they are still crap! My 01 cloth seats were awesome, no issues

Two words for pet hair on short pile carpet and cloth upholstery.......

Latex Glove

simply wipe the seat with your gloved hand and the hair will "roll up" as you wipe. Have the vacuum hose in the other hand and suck it up as you go, or just roll it all up and then vacuum at the end.

- Darryl

I have an Austrialian Shepard and feel your pain. I always vacuum first to get all of the loose hair up, then I take 10 inch strip if duck tape and wrap it around four fingers stick side out, then run my hand on the carpet allowing the tape to pick up everything :)

I have never had a problem. I just usually hold the tip of the shop vac at an angle and run it back and forth. If you want me to specify which tip, let me know. I have 3 long haired German Shepherds that shed 365 days a year.

Edited by LFairbanks

Two words for pet hair on short pile carpet and cloth upholstery.......

Latex Glove

simply wipe the seat with your gloved hand and the hair will "roll up" as you wipe. Have the vacuum hose in the other hand and suck it up as you go, or just roll it all up and then vacuum at the end.

- Darryl

i'll have to give this a try, thanks

A buddy of mine that has both a truck and a dog has the same issue, real bad. It sounds crazy, but he starts the cleaning process by opening all 4 doors and blasting out the bulk of the dog hair with a leaf blower.

haha! i might have to do that!

Ryan, if you PM your address, I have an extra pet hair brush you can have. It works OK....depending on the hair length vs type of carpet/upholstery.

These work for me....some jobs take all battle plans:

1. Spinning carpet brush...there's a reason why floor vacs have brushes, they are the most affective method for cleaning carpet.

2. Nitrile gloves, an led flashlight, and patience

3. The brush attachments in this kit work well, but still require patience...this kit is sold at HD.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Ridgid-32698-VT2534-AutoDetailing-Kit/dp/B004BG10S0/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1361329740&sr=8-6&keywords=32698]Amazon.com: Ridgid 32698 VT2534 AutoDetailing Kit: Home Improvement[/ame]

4. Pet Brush

Guest Gone & Forgotten

That's why I got the W/T silverado. Yah, I hate roll up windows and manual locks. But I love rubber floors and vinyl seats when it's clean up time.

We just got a dog yesterday.... He won't ride in the new 300. Only the truck or my work van.

Ryan, if you PM your address, I have an extra pet hair brush you can have. It works OK....depending on the hair length vs type of carpet/upholstery.

These work for me....some jobs take all battle plans:

1. Spinning carpet brush...there's a reason why floor vacs have brushes, they are the most affective method for cleaning carpet.

2. Nitrile gloves, an led flashlight, and patience

3. The brush attachments in this kit work well, but still require patience...this kit is sold at HD.

Amazon.com: Ridgid 32698 VT2534 AutoDetailing Kit: Home Improvement

4. Pet Brush

Thanks you don't have to do that! All the other suggestions should work!

I'm going to get to work on the truck carpet this weekend! The back seat carpet has been neglected, vacuumed only since day one. Luckily no stains, just per hair!

I have a lab that owns the rear area of my SS. Latex gloves, glass handling gloves (EVEN BETTER) or a pumice stone.

Don't use duct tape as you risk messing up the carpet if it sticks too much. Another method that has helped in my home is spritzing the carpet with a light mist of water, to eliminate static build.

Mook

Ah, after following this thread, I realized that I said "latex" gloves in my original post. They will work, but what I really meant to say was "nitrile" gloves.

And yes, as others have mentioned, I would not use duct tape/gorilla tape on cloth upholstery as it may transfer dark gray or brown glue residue to the fabric. Blue Painters tape works pretty good on stubborn imbedded hair in short pile carpet.

Sorry for any confusion......carry on now, back to hair removal......

- Darryl

Edited by Odds and Ends