Customer Service 866.965.0400

Mook's Foam Gun Wash Cocktail

teamcrossworks

Question

Well then! Some interest is there for my little "Wash Island Iced Tea"

:lol:

That is I think a 36 oz. Chamber. Half Adam's WW, Half Adam's Car Shampoo. Shake like the dickens, then go nuts!

NOTE: The above mixture is for a Foam Cannon (attaches to a Pressure Washer). If you want a recipe for a Foam Gun (like I use at home...6 oz. Car Shampoo to the rest of the canister water. Water goes in first. Again, shake it like the dickens...

:2thumbs:

Mook

Well then! Some interest is there for my little "Wash Island Iced Tea"

:lol:

That is I think a 36 oz. Chamber. Half Adam's WW, Half Adam's Car Shampoo. Shake like the dickens, then go nuts!

Mook

that's a lot of product! does it last for a few washes? :D

that's a lot of product! does it last for a few washes? :D

It all depends on how much fun you want to have. :rockon:

I still had about half the cocktail left, and could have stopped long before...but making it snow, and getting a couple photogenic shots also helped in using more than normal.

Mook

Yeah it's amazing how much product you use when it's free ;)

Hahahahaha no man, believe it or not, I'm frugal with the juice! I respect Adam too much to waste the goods. :2thumbs:

Figure you can get 4 cars out of that canister if they aren't SUVs.

Mook

I usually use a 4oz per 32oz blend in the foam cannon and get about the same results using just Car Shampoo.....Adam's car shampoo is actually perfect for the foam cannons. 2.7/3,000 PSI gas pressure washer....my cheap electric version, not so much.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

I just dump it in and go. I'm too excited to actually get to wash my vehicles to hold a measuring device still enough without making a mess.

Usually a quarter of the canister on the foam gun.... The rest, warm tap water and shake it till the wife offers me some fries.

When it gets warm I may try a few different ratios. I think Mook set the no expense mark for the cocktail...that is a lot of product.

Adding waterless wash though for even more lubrication has me thinking 4oz shampoo, 4 oz WW and the rest water per 36oz container may be more attractive for us poor folk. Do love all those suds.

Decisions Decisions...

I usually use a 4oz per 32oz blend in the foam cannon and get about the same results using just Car Shampoo.....Adam's car shampoo is actually perfect for the foam cannons. 2.7/3,000 PSI gas pressure washer....my cheap electric version, not so much.

THIS^

If you have a cannon, that mixture is perfect. For what I was doing (and don't forget, I help Dylan with product testing and development), experimenting, the WW mixed with the Car Shampoo actually helped it "stick" to the paint.

Also, I believe I could have gotten easily four vehicles out of that one recipe, 32/36oz. chamber. If you compare that to what a normal two-bucket wash with foam gun would use as far as Car Shampoo goes...

4-6oz. of Car Shampoo in the chamber plus an additional 1-2oz. per wash pad. We are now at say 10oz. of Car Shampoo for only one car wash. I had 16oz. of Car Shampoo (maybe...on the high end now that I think about it) that could be spread out over four washes. However, WW is in there, and I know I don't go through a whole 16oz. bottle of that every time I wash, even if I am using it as a touch up for the wheels, as a drying agent, and for the door jambs, fuel door, etc.

So, yes, that recipe is a little expensive on the Waterless Wash side, but seems to be even money or maybe a little better (foam cannon) on the Car Shampoo side.

NOW, is all of this necessary to wash a car the right way (foam cannon or foam gun)....NO. Will it make life easier by adding a little bit of lubrication to the paint while allowing the Car Shampoo to stick, thus less chances of inducing car wash damage? YES.

Mook

:D

THIS^

If you have a cannon, that mixture is perfect. For what I was doing (and don't forget, I help Dylan with product testing and development), experimenting, the WW mixed with the Car Shampoo actually helped it "stick" to the paint.

Also, I believe I could have gotten easily four vehicles out of that one recipe, 32/36oz. chamber. If you compare that to what a normal two-bucket wash with foam gun would use as far as Car Shampoo goes...

4-6oz. of Car Shampoo in the chamber plus an additional 1-2oz. per wash pad. We are now at say 10oz. of Car Shampoo for only one car wash. I had 16oz. of Car Shampoo (maybe...on the high end now that I think about it) that could be spread out over four washes. However, WW is in there, and I know I don't go through a whole 16oz. bottle of that every time I wash, even if I am using it as a touch up for the wheels, as a drying agent, and for the door jambs, fuel door, etc.

So, yes, that recipe is a little expensive on the Waterless Wash side, but seems to be even money or maybe a little better (foam cannon) on the Car Shampoo side.

NOW, is all of this necessary to wash a car the right way (foam cannon or foam gun)....NO. Will it make life easier by adding a little bit of lubrication to the paint while allowing the Car Shampoo to stick, thus less chances of inducing car wash damage? YES.

Mook

:D

Thanks Mook for the added input...makes sense.

Thanks Mook for the added input...makes sense.

You're welcome. :D

I think it's hilarious that everyone was concentrating on something we don't currently have plans to sell versus the slew of new products I was using! Helps keep my mouth shut!

Plus, I enjoy sharing how I do things. :thumbsup:

Mook

You're welcome. :D

I think it's hilarious that everyone was concentrating on something we don't currently have plans to sell versus the slew of new products I was using! Helps keep my mouth shut!

Plus, I enjoy sharing how I do things. :thumbsup:

Mook

I liked the 'snow' the best :)