Customer Service 866.965.0400

The Free Neighbor Wash: Am I a Chump?

toddimac

If you have time to wash your neighbors cars. You must not have enough on the Honey do list. I guarantee you if my wife came outside and saw me washing a neighbors vehicle, my picture would be in the obituaries the next day. And it would be a slow, painful death if she were female. In all honesty, as far as trades go, that excuse wouldn't work for me either. If I didn't do it, I wouldn't trust my neighbors to do it for me. :lolsmack: Just the way I'am.

I get alot of people ask me about doing their cars, but when it comes to a price, they are like oh come on hook a brother up....

I reply sure, I hook you up, you pay up.... :lol:

I usually tell them I'm easy but not cheap. Sometimes I say bring your car and your wallet. I haven't actually washed any of them yet. :thumbsup:

i charge friends/family pizza and craft beer!

i washed my truck Monday evening after work, and the guy down the street with a SRT8 Cherokee and Duster told me, "your doing a good job, and we need more good people around here!" i told him that i'd be happy to work on his any day of the week!

In short, yes you are a chump :loser::D

Like most here, I get the "do mine next" comments all the time (along with the annoying "you are going to wash the paint right off that thing"). I only do immediate/extended family for free.

However, with a full-time job, wife and 1 year-old, my time is much too valuable. Perhaps most importantly, I find it incredibly frustrating to detail a car (8+ hours) to know that they are going to put the swirls/scratches right back in a few weeks later because of improper washing technique. People just don't seem to care how to maintain a swirl-free finish.

I am doing my neighbor's "fleet" of vechiles which are top of the line cars. I just explained to him that the product I use is a top of the shelf product. He understood granted because he has cars that are top of the line (750hp vette I get to do!:pc:).

If they want their cars or vechiles to look great they will be willing to pay. You could also do a test of the products you have (SVRT on tirm or wheels) to get them to understand how great the product actually is.

its nice to be a good person like that and if it satisfies you personally that should be all that matters. on the other token what are they thinking when they do that "eh ill give it to him, he doesnt complain and let him get dirty" or "im very thankful to have a neighbor that nice" and actually tip you every once in a while....:cheers: to you though for being a great neighbor though my friend